GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+12
Cap'n Clutch
PTFlea
rooneypoo
SensHulk
tim1_2
spader
Hoags
SeawaySensFan
Flo The Action
Ev
wprager
NEELY
16 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 35 ... 65, 66, 67

Go down  Message [Page 67 of 67]

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Oglethorpe wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:BUDGET moratorium?

https://twitter.com/MannyElk/status/610922696210300928/photo/1

I think the "Anonymous Donor"s wish for a Cup really struck a chord with The Gene, which I why I boldly predicted this weeks ago.

We'll see. There was one poster on this website swearing it would be a $60-65 mil ceiling and bandying it about as established fact. Not that I think anyone outside of the org actually has any clue.

Laugh1

But for my money, I don't know how we spend under $65 mil. We have a lot of RFAs to re-sign, and many of them are in line for some significant raises.
Last fall the plan was 60M this upcoming season and 65M the following.  I imagine a near death experience might change things and my "source's" wife no longer works in the organization.  Either way if Murray is free to spend whatever he needs then this could be a fun off-season.

I believe your figures were legit at the time based on what Murray and most media types were saying with respect to the budget. There's been a 180 along the way somewhere, it seems, and the fans will be the real winners.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

SeawaySensFan wrote:
Oglethorpe wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:BUDGET moratorium?

https://twitter.com/MannyElk/status/610922696210300928/photo/1

I think the "Anonymous Donor"s wish for a Cup really struck a chord with The Gene, which I why I boldly predicted this weeks ago.

We'll see. There was one poster on this website swearing it would be a $60-65 mil ceiling and bandying it about as established fact. Not that I think anyone outside of the org actually has any clue.

Laugh1

But for my money, I don't know how we spend under $65 mil. We have a lot of RFAs to re-sign, and many of them are in line for some significant raises.
Last fall the plan was 60M this upcoming season and 65M the following.  I imagine a near death experience might change things and my "source's" wife no longer works in the organization.  Either way if Murray is free to spend whatever he needs then this could be a fun off-season.

I believe your figures were legit at the time based on what Murray and most media types were saying with respect to the budget. There's been a 180 along the way somewhere, it seems, and the fans will be the real winners.

Yeah keep in mind that Neil, Phillips, Legwand (approx $10M) will be off the cap next season. One/two of Gryba, Cowen will be gone with Claesson/Wideman replacing them, and I imagine Smith and/or Greening will be off the roster. So we might see a spike next season but the year after we will be quite a bit lighter in terms of salary.

spader

All-Star
All-Star

The more I think about it, the more I believe we'll see Anderson in a Blues uniform next season.

I'd assume Oshie would be coming back. I'd also assume that the Sens would have to add.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Eakins for Lehner. I've decided that'll do just fine. Smile

-------

http://www.gmhockey.com/viewtopic.forum?t=6224

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 67 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 35 ... 65, 66, 67

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum