GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+12
Cap'n Clutch
PTFlea
rooneypoo
SensHulk
tim1_2
spader
Hoags
SeawaySensFan
Flo The Action
Ev
wprager
NEELY
16 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 51 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 35 of 67]

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispensed wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Ya, I'd say there are maybe 8-10 teams that can afford ROR and of those teams maybe 4-6 that have the assets to make a move.

I can see the Laffs making a move for him but I am not sure they want to give up futures given their current state of disarray.

I think you could re-sign him theoretically.  He'd look for Bobby Ryan money, 7.5 X 8 I assume, which is a lot of loot, but he's damn good.

OK so Bobby Ryan money for a slight upgrade on Zibanejad, point-wise anyway. Add on a little for "intangibles" but let's not get ridiculous. How do you pay that guy more than "Karls" Karlsson? Or Bobby O'Ryan, for that matter? You don't.

Those intangibles are what win championships.  Imagine having two of the top 5 takeaway players on one line?  That's hard to play against.

Bobby Ryan got paid because he was a pending UFA, Karlsson got 6.5 because he was an RFA, huge difference.  With ROR you're paying for UFA years period, no RFA years, straight to UFA years and he'd be worth a fortune on the open market.

Let's see...top line C?  Perhaps, but a perfect 2C.
Plays wing?  Yes.
One of the best two way players in the league?  Yep.
Kills penalties and plays powerplay?  Yep.

Him on the left side with Turris and Stone as the other two forwards, then Zibanejad, MacArthur, Ryan on line 1B,  Pageau, Lazar, Michalek/Puempel or acquisition = three sick lines.

In this case you can trade Hoffman for a defender to replace Ceci if he's gone, or you can put Michalek where Lazar is if he's moved, or you can put Puempel/Prince there.  So many options - all of which looks a hell of a lot better with ROR.

Alas...I doubt we get him.

Then good luck to him! Clapping Beer

I'd still take him but I don't see how anyone pictures a lineup that includes both ROR and Zibanejad. I still say they might be swapped if we bag The RORinator.
It's quite simple really.
ROR / zib/ Ryan
Mac/Turris/stone
Hoff/pageau/Lazar or chiasson
Pumpel/smith/lazar or chiasson
Neil condra

Get the Diddle out of the way!
That's a crazy line-up!
Of course it all depends what it costs us to trade for ROR. I think Cowen a first next year and possibly lazar(if you can't make it prince and a 2nd you do it instead obviously.)

ROR plays either LW or centre. And I think zib would probably score even more with a playmaker on his wing.

They'd want Ceci OR Lazar plus a pick I assume.

And yes, Diddle yeah, ROR on LW with Stone and Turris is filthy.
?? Why would you put him with Turris and stone? If anything Turris is a great playmaker. If there's a tiny, bit of playmaking missing it's on the zib line. Zib has that great shot, could use a playmaker even on the wing that sets him up.

I'd rather give up lazar over ceci personally. Maybe I'm wrong. But with nick Paul in the system I find that an area of weakness we have is a solid PMD in the top 4 if we lose ceci. Lazar brings a lot of intangibles but the book is still out on wether he'll ever be a top 6 scoring forward or more of a Solid 3rd liner.

I'm with ssf. I'd start him in bingo so he can figure out his offensive game.

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispensed wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:Dreger, in one of his morning radio interviews, sort of said to keep an eye on either Edmonton or Buffalo swapping a current or developing Top 6 forward for Robin Lehner.

more to come

I'd be surprised if Murray risks sending a goalie to another division rival after Ben Bishop.  
If all we can get is a top 6 prospect that's not called Sam from Buffalo than we might as well trade Anderson to a contender that lacks a starter. Package that Dung up.
Edmonton can give us one of their top kids or else
Diddle off.

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispensed wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:Dreger, in one of his morning radio interviews, sort of said to keep an eye on either Edmonton or Buffalo swapping a current or developing Top 6 forward for Robin Lehner.

more to come

I'd be surprised if Murray risks sending a goalie to another division rival after Ben Bishop.  

The return is way more important than the destination. The only real impact of the Bishop trade is that we got garbage back. The fact that Bishop is in Tampa Bay as opposed to Vancouver makes no real difference.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Flo The Action wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Ya, I'd say there are maybe 8-10 teams that can afford ROR and of those teams maybe 4-6 that have the assets to make a move.

I can see the Laffs making a move for him but I am not sure they want to give up futures given their current state of disarray.

I think you could re-sign him theoretically.  He'd look for Bobby Ryan money, 7.5 X 8 I assume, which is a lot of loot, but he's damn good.

OK so Bobby Ryan money for a slight upgrade on Zibanejad, point-wise anyway. Add on a little for "intangibles" but let's not get ridiculous. How do you pay that guy more than "Karls" Karlsson? Or Bobby O'Ryan, for that matter? You don't.

Those intangibles are what win championships.  Imagine having two of the top 5 takeaway players on one line?  That's hard to play against.

Bobby Ryan got paid because he was a pending UFA, Karlsson got 6.5 because he was an RFA, huge difference.  With ROR you're paying for UFA years period, no RFA years, straight to UFA years and he'd be worth a fortune on the open market.

Plays wing?  Yes.

Him on the left side with Turris and Stone as the other two forwards, then Zibanejad, MacArthur, Ryan on line 1B,  Pageau, Lazar, Michalek/Puempel or acquisition = three sick lines.

In this case you can trade Hoffman for a defender to replace Ceci if he's gone, or you can put Michalek where Lazar is if he's moved, or you can put Puempel/Prince there.  So many options - all of which looks a hell of a lot better with ROR.

I'd still take him but I don't see how anyone pictures a lineup that includes both ROR and Zibanejad. I still say they might be swapped if we bag The RORinator.
ROR / zib/ Ryan
Mac/Turris/stone
Neil condra

That's a crazy line-up!
Of course it all depends what it costs us to trade for ROR. I think Cowen a first next year and possibly lazar(if you can't make it prince and a 2nd you do it instead obviously.)

ROR plays either LW or centre. And I think zib would probably score even more with a playmaker on his wing.

They'd want Ceci OR Lazar plus a pick I assume.

And yes, Diddle yeah, ROR on LW with Stone and Turris is filthy.
?? Why would you put him with Turris and stone? If anything Turris is a great playmaker. If there's a tiny, bit of playmaking missing it's on the zib line. Zib has that great shot, could use a playmaker even on the wing that sets him up.

I'd rather give up lazar over ceci personally. Maybe I'm wrong. But with nick Paul in the system I find that an area of weakness we have is a solid PMD in the top 4 if we lose ceci. Lazar brings a lot of intangibles but the book is still out on wether he'll ever be a top 6 scoring forward or more of a Solid 3rd liner.

I'm with ssf. I'd start him in bingo so he can figure out his offensive game.

You've got two of the best takeaway artists/2-way players in the league on one line with Turris and it allows MacArthur to shift down to Zibanejad's line and Michalek to move down and Hoffman to be trade bait for a defender.

My personal opinion is - if you have the 2 Selke style guys on your team, you put them together, but it wouldn't matter I guess, you could put him with Z-Bad.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:

more to come

The return is way more important than the destination. The only real impact of the Bishop trade is that we got garbage back. The fact that Bishop is in Tampa Bay as opposed to Vancouver makes no real difference.

I dunno, I don't like that we set Tampa Bay up in net for a while. I'd rather not be doing favours. Yeah, if the return is fantastic, you do it, but what the hell does Buffalo have that's fantastic?

I'd really rather not face Lehner for the next decade if I can avoid it - and I think we can.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Tampa isn't set up in net because of Bishop. He's done in a year or two there, no question

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispensed wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:

more to come

I dunno, I don't like that we set Tampa Bay up in net for a while.  I'd rather not be doing favours.  Yeah, if the return is fantastic, you do it, but what the hell does Buffalo have that's fantastic?

I'd really rather not face Lehner for the next decade if I can avoid it - and I think we can.

So if you trade him to the west and the only possible way you face him in the playoffs is by going to the Cup Final, that's something you wish to avoid too, right?

I agree that Buffalo doesn't have much but I still don't see the problem dealing him in the Conference or Division for the best possible return.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SeawaySensFan wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:

more to come

I dunno, I don't like that we set Tampa Bay up in net for a while.  I'd rather not be doing favours.  Yeah, if the return is fantastic, you do it, but what the hell does Buffalo have that's fantastic?

So if you trade him to the west and the only possible way you face him in the playoffs is by going to the Cup Final, that's something you wish to avoid too, right?

I agree that Buffalo doesn't have much but I still don't see the problem dealing him in the Conference or Division for the best possible return.
well nothing they'd part with that is.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:

Plays wing?  Yes.

ROR / zib/ Ryan
Mac/Turris/stone
Neil condra

That's a crazy line-up!

My point exactly. If you have two of the best take away guys you spread them out. They likely won't be twice as effective if you put them together. It's the law of diminished returns. There's only one puck. Yes they would probably be a killer line but separated there's much more they could contribute to their lines that would make us killer.
I'd rather keep Hoffman on their third with pageau. We make that 3rd line an offensive threat and I'm sure Hoff can produce pretty well. At least keep him going till his next contract is up and then maybe trade him for a nice fat return.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:

more to come

I don't think it's fair that you know who they won't part with and none of the rest of us do. Spill the beans, already!!!!!!

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SeawaySensFan wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:

more to come

I don't think it's fair that you know who they won't part with and none of the rest of us do. Spill the beans, already!!!!!!
Ok I'll humor you. If you knew what my crystal ball(s) were showing me....
Sure if the team wants to send us Sam Reinhart then by all means but that's not gonna happen is it?

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

more to come

The Latvian Locomotive, perhaps?  Drool

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

spader wrote:

more to come

Alllll Abooooaaaaard!!!!

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispensed wrote:You've got two of the best takeaway artists/2-way players in the league on one line with Turris and it allows MacArthur to shift down to Zibanejad's line and Michalek to move down and Hoffman to be trade bait for a defender.

My personal opinion is  - if you have the 2 Selke style guys on your team, you put them together, but it wouldn't matter I guess, you could put him with Z-Bad.

Am I the only one that wants to keep the Hoffer? I think our leading goal-scorer should stay here and keep working on his game. Sure there are holes in his game, but why cut bait now after developing him for five or six years? He demonstrated that he's a goal-scorer at the NHL level. His numbers might be inflated, but he put more pucks in the net than any other Sen. I don't get why everyone seems so interested in moving the guy.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

SeawaySensFan wrote:
spader wrote:

more to come

Alllll Abooooaaaaard!!!!

I'd own a Girgensons jersey so fast. I like his game. Maybe I'd get a custom job and be the proud owner of a GirgenSENS jersey. Cheering

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

spader wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:You've got two of the best takeaway artists/2-way players in the league on one line with Turris and it allows MacArthur to shift down to Zibanejad's line and Michalek to move down and Hoffman to be trade bait for a defender.

My personal opinion is  - if you have the 2 Selke style guys on your team, you put them together, but it wouldn't matter I guess, you could put him with Z-Bad.

Am I the only one that wants to keep the Hoffer? I think our leading goal-scorer should stay here and keep working on his game. Sure there are holes in his game, but why cut bait now after developing him for five or six years? He demonstrated that he's a goal-scorer at the NHL level. His numbers might be inflated, but he put more pucks in the net than any other Sen. I don't get why everyone seems so interested in moving the guy.
im down to keep him for a while more. I think if he was capable of scoring at that pace he could be an excellent player putting 20 in from the 3rd line with some time on the 2nd PP

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Impossible to say about Hoffman for sure but he is not going to score another 27 plying 3rd line minutes and not scoring on the PP. Something will change, either his shooting % or the goalies' SV% -- in other words his PDO will regress to the mean. So if you find a GM who thinks this is just his rookie season and he will get better, then you won't get a better trade value from him ever again.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:Impossible to say about Hoffman for sure but he is not going to score another 27 plying 3rd line minutes and not scoring on the PP.  Something will change, either his shooting % or the goalies' SV% -- in other words his PDO will regress to the mean.  So if you find a GM who thinks this is just his rookie season and he will get better, then you won't get a better trade value from him ever again.

Well, unless he does get better, of course. My point is that rookies that score 25+ are very few and far between. Trading him now seems upside down to me, unless it's for an upgrade.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 35 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 51 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum