GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015

+14
DefenceWinsChampionships
rooneypoo
Cap'n Clutch
spader
Oglethorpe
wprager
LeCaptain
tim1_2
dennycrane
Ev
PTFlea
NEELY
Flo The Action
SeawaySensFan
18 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 27 ... 50, 51, 52 ... 54 ... 58  Next

Go down  Message [Page 51 of 58]

751Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 - Page 51 Empty Re: Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 Mon Mar 02, 2015 2:01 pm

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispensed wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:
Ev wrote:willing to bet Gryba or Wiercioch will be a Penguin

Why would you trade Gryba?   Makes no sense to me.  

Crowded blue line?  You have Phillips (Retiring a Sen it looks like), Methot, Karlsson, Ceci, Cowen, Weircioch, Gryba and Boreweicki.

That doesn't even count the guys on the farm who'll need a spot in the not to distant future.

Crowded on the left side by mediocrity. Cowen or Wiercioch should go.   And Phillips.  

The Philler is already gone.

752Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 - Page 51 Empty Re: Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 Mon Mar 02, 2015 2:04 pm

rooneypoo

All-Star
All-Star

Oglethorpe wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:
Oglethorpe wrote:
Vandelay wrote:If you think the Sens should be out spending money, under the premise that they have an internal cap, you're cheering for the wrong team.  If your preference is buying players over developing players, Toronto is a better option for you.
I would like the team to be able to add players when the right ones are available without worrying about the salaries.  This summer there will be talent available due to so many teams being in cap hell, it would be nice to get that veteran top 6 everyone seems to want so badly.

I imagine the team will have to spend close to $10 mil / yr just to keep Stone, Zibanejad, Hoffman, and maybe Condra, so if you're holding out for us to add a UFA... I dunno.

Ottawa has Zib, Chiasson, Pageau, Stone, Hoffman as RFA's this year with a couple of AHL'ers including Prince and Wideman as well. Like Rooney said, Ottawa is spending at least $10M to keep these players. Get over this "Ottawa is bad because they don't spend to the cap" BS. It's tiring and it's getting old.

I'm getting pretty sick of this debate. You want to cheer for a team that spends to the cap? Go cheer for Toronto.
Don't be stupid.  I don't want a team that spends to the cap for no reason.  As I have stated repeatedly, I would like Murray to have the ability to take on salary if the opportunity to improve the club comes along.  I hate that Murray won't be able to take advantage of the cap hell teams because of Melnyk's budget.

It depresses me to think that Sens fans have been fooled by Melnyk's "smart spending tour" into thinking that this market can't afford to be in the middle of the pack in salaries.

And it depresses me that people don't see the correlation between a young roster and lower salaries. That the 5th youngest team in the NHL is in the bottom 5 is spending should not only NOT be a surprise, it should be expected.

Again, I don't understand who or what we'd be adding. Overpaying UFAs? Stupid. Adding rentals by giving up assets for the short term? Stupid. The only thing I take away from this is that people are blaming BM for not getting other GMs to trade us good players on good contracts. Stupid old man!

753Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 - Page 51 Empty Re: Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 Mon Mar 02, 2015 2:05 pm

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Oglethorpe wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:
Oglethorpe wrote:
Vandelay wrote:If you think the Sens should be out spending money, under the premise that they have an internal cap, you're cheering for the wrong team.  If your preference is buying players over developing players, Toronto is a better option for you.
I would like the team to be able to add players when the right ones are available without worrying about the salaries.  This summer there will be talent available due to so many teams being in cap hell, it would be nice to get that veteran top 6 everyone seems to want so badly.

I imagine the team will have to spend close to $10 mil / yr just to keep Stone, Zibanejad, Hoffman, and maybe Condra, so if you're holding out for us to add a UFA... I dunno.

Ottawa has Zib, Chiasson, Pageau, Stone, Hoffman as RFA's this year with a couple of AHL'ers including Prince and Wideman as well. Like Rooney said, Ottawa is spending at least $10M to keep these players. Get over this "Ottawa is bad because they don't spend to the cap" BS. It's tiring and it's getting old.

I'm getting pretty sick of this debate. You want to cheer for a team that spends to the cap? Go cheer for Toronto.
Don't be stupid.  I don't want a team that spends to the cap for no reason.  As I have stated repeatedly, I would like Murray to have the ability to take on salary if the opportunity to improve the club comes along.  I hate that Murray won't be able to take advantage of the cap hell teams because of Melnyk's budget.

It depresses me to think that Sens fans have been fooled by Melnyk's "smart spending tour" into thinking that this market can't afford to be in the middle of the pack in salaries.

It depresses me that you can't clearly see they WILL be in the middle and even higher in salaries for next season.

Smart spending is the way to go for a rebuilding team.

Once the team is closer they will take on more salary. Not hard to understand IMO

754Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 - Page 51 Empty Re: Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 Mon Mar 02, 2015 2:09 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Good Ole Cory Conacher to Canucks.

755Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 - Page 51 Empty Re: Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 Mon Mar 02, 2015 2:17 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Big time moves coming now. Leggio to AZ. Leopold to MIN. The BONANZA officially begins.

756Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 - Page 51 Empty Re: Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 Mon Mar 02, 2015 2:21 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:

Crowded blue line?  You have Phillips (Retiring a Sen it looks like), Methot, Karlsson, Ceci, Cowen, Weircioch, Gryba and Boreweicki.

That doesn't even count the guys on the farm who'll need a spot in the not to distant future.

Crowded on the left side by mediocrity. Cowen or Wiercioch should go.   And Phillips.  

Yeah? To the IR you mean.

757Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 - Page 51 Empty Re: Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 Mon Mar 02, 2015 2:22 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispensed wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:

Yeah?  To the IR you mean.

Sure.

758Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 - Page 51 Empty Re: Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 Mon Mar 02, 2015 2:29 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:Good Ole Cory Conacher to Canucks.

Sure to go down as the biggest deal of this years deadline!!! Ahhhhh! Ahhhhh!

- Unknown Author

759Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 - Page 51 Empty Re: Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 Mon Mar 02, 2015 2:31 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Cap'n Clutch wrote:

Just this years deadline? Ahhhhh! Ahhhhh!

760Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 - Page 51 Empty Re: Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 Mon Mar 02, 2015 2:32 pm

Hobiesens

Hobiesens
Sophomore
Sophomore

The Jokinen experiment is over in Toronto, he's off to St-Louis

761Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 - Page 51 Empty Re: Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 Mon Mar 02, 2015 2:34 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:

Just this years deadline? Ahhhhh! Ahhhhh!

Patience old friend. Time will tell.

- Unknown Author

762Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 - Page 51 Empty Re: Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 Mon Mar 02, 2015 2:35 pm

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

Hobiesens wrote:The Jokinen experiment is over in Toronto, he's off to St-Louis

Overhaul of TOR's leadership group, done -- culture change complete.

Laugh1

763Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 - Page 51 Empty Re: Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 Mon Mar 02, 2015 2:52 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Dudline Day confirmed

764Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 - Page 51 Empty Re: Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 Mon Mar 02, 2015 2:59 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:Dudline Day confirmed

What a fiasco! Dammit!

765Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 - Page 51 Empty Re: Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 Mon Mar 02, 2015 3:04 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Chris Stewart to MIN. Bullet. Dodged.

766Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 - Page 51 Empty Re: Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 Mon Mar 02, 2015 3:07 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Bruce Garrioch @SunGarrioch · 1m 1 minute ago

Looks like the #Sens stood pat.

767Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 - Page 51 Empty Re: Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 Mon Mar 02, 2015 3:09 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Oglethorpe wrote:Will they spend to keep their own, yes they will.  Will they spend more to add to the roster, no, not without the same amount going out either in that transaction or another.  

Ryan was not "their own", they went out and traded for him and salary in was a log more than salary out. True, that was after Alfie was gone but Ryan's salary at the time was more than they wanted to pay Alfie and more than he eventually received from the Wings.

In addition to Ryan, we also (recently) brought in MacArthur and Legwand, and we were going hard after Clarkson as well.

It's true that the Sens don't sign a lot a UFAs but given that they are the 4th most often mentioned city in limited-trade lists is that any wonder?

768Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 - Page 51 Empty Re: Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 Mon Mar 02, 2015 3:10 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ben "Reverend" Lovejoy back to PIT!!!!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 51 of 58]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 27 ... 50, 51, 52 ... 54 ... 58  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum