GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY: Red Wings @ Sens - Tuesday, Nov 4, 7:30pm (TSN5)

+7
LeCaptain
Flo The Action
PTFlea
SeawaySensFan
Ev
NEELY
tim1_2
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 11]

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

tim1_2 wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:Lines remain the same:

MacArthur Turris Ryan
Michalek Zibanejad Chiasson
Hoffman Lazar Stone
Smith Legwand Neil

Phillips Karlsson
Cowen Ceci
Wiercioch Gryba

No Borowiecki or Methot at practice still.

Is it any surprise we haven't won since BoroCop went down with injury?  

Legwand should be demanding a trade right about now.

For reals.  He goes from first/second line duties with Nashville, to 4th line duties with us.  And it's not like our 2nd line centre is lighting the world on fire.

Maybe Mac is still sore about that OT giveaway to Jagr.

LeCaptain

All-Star
All-Star

Lazar's last game before the big decision btw

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Detroit's PP is truly abysmal at 11.6% (and there are 5 teams *worse*); but their PK is tops in the league at 94.7.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

LeCaptain wrote:Lazar's last game before the big decision btw

Wonder what Greening is thinking.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

No it isn't. ECL is pointless and some teams are burning it because ECL doesn't matter because of the 2-3 year bridge contracts now, in fact some teams are saying they prefer it simply because the body of work won't be there with the younger players.

UFA is what matters, that's it. I think it's the 41 game mark is the "big" that matters now.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

So apparently Neil lost a bet at table tennis to Zibanejad and was wearing #93 at practice. Someone with a gem:

Mike Wheeler ‏@TheMikeWheeler 1h1 hour ago

@Citizenkwarren Zibanejad should take this opportunity to grab Neil's jersey and get some more ice time.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

My bold prediction: Lazar will pot his first tonight and that will be the end of all talk to send him back to juniors

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:So apparently Neil lost a bet at table tennis to Zibanejad and was wearing #93 at practice.  Someone with a gem:

@Citizenkwarren Zibanejad should take this opportunity to grab Neil's jersey and get some more ice time.

Brilliant. Except Neil has less ice time and more points.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

NEELY wrote:

No it isn't.  ECL is pointless and some teams are burning it because ECL doesn't matter because of the 2-3 year bridge contracts now, in fact some teams are saying they prefer it simply because the body of work won't be there with the younger players.  

UFA is what matters, that's it.  I think it's the 41 game mark is the "big" that matters now.

It's still a big decision because Methot is coming back and someone is coming out when he is.
It's not just ELC, it's also who do we get rid of in a couple days/weeks.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

LeCaptain wrote:
NEELY wrote:

No it isn't.  ECL is pointless and some teams are burning it because ECL doesn't matter because of the 2-3 year bridge contracts now, in fact some teams are saying they prefer it simply because the body of work won't be there with the younger players.  

UFA is what matters, that's it.  I think it's the 41 game mark is the "big" that matters now.

It's still a big decision because Methot is coming back and someone is coming out when he is.

That should take care of itself with the brewing Legwand controversy.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

When Methot is set to come back, we will waive one of the guys not playing (Condra/Greening), or send ZBad down.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SeawaySensFan wrote:
wprager wrote:So apparently Neil lost a bet at table tennis to Zibanejad and was wearing #93 at practice.  Someone with a gem:

Brilliant. Except Neil has less ice time and more points.

I know, but it's funny if you ignore the facts.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Zbad is not going down, that's for sure. There is no benefit for anybody in doing that.
IMO Wiercioch is the guy that is gonzo

NEELY

Mod
Mod

LeCaptain wrote:
NEELY wrote:

That is a fair point, not sure what they will do but I am willing to be large sums of money it won't be at the expense for one of the Sens better players. If I had to guess they move Wiercioch out for next to nothing.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Zibanejad isn't going anywhere, Lazar isn't going anywhere, and I would guess that Cowen isn't going anywhere either. There are 2 guys that might be moved or sent down, 1 being Wiercioch and the other being Greening. Wiercioch might get a draft pick back and fact of the matter is he hasn't developed physically and now the Sens don't have the time to wait for that to happen if it ever does. Some people just can't keep the weight on let alone keeping it on during an 82 plus game season.

Greening could be waived and sent to Bingo, then bought out at years end but I doubt they do that to a guy who has had some decent years in Ottawa and been a good soldier.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

NEELY wrote:Greening could be waived and sent to Bingo, then bought out at years end but I doubt they do that to a guy who has had some decent years in Ottawa and been a good soldier.

It sucks, but this is exactly what's going to happen. I don't see any kind of trade taking place personally. You might see greening go through re-entries and then get picked up.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

LeCaptain wrote:Zbad is not going down, that's for sure. There is no benefit for anybody in doing that.

Why? We have enough centres on the roster without him, and it's not like he's adding much to our lineup right now. I'm not saying it'd be long-term...just long enough to pot a few goals.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

We'd better get the most draft picks from this year's draft since it looks like a very deep crop. We need more top line talent in the farm.
Wiercioch could get a 3rd back. Never know what a trade up can do to you (i.e. 2008 15th)

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 11]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum