GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Prospect Number 7

+6
tim1_2
wprager
shabbs
spader
Flo The Action
PTFlea
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Ottawa Prospect Number 7

Ottawa Prospect Number 7 - Page 3 Vote_lcap220%Ottawa Prospect Number 7 - Page 3 Vote_rcap2 20% [ 2 ]
Ottawa Prospect Number 7 - Page 3 Vote_lcap230%Ottawa Prospect Number 7 - Page 3 Vote_rcap2 30% [ 3 ]
Ottawa Prospect Number 7 - Page 3 Vote_lcap210%Ottawa Prospect Number 7 - Page 3 Vote_rcap2 10% [ 1 ]
Ottawa Prospect Number 7 - Page 3 Vote_lcap210%Ottawa Prospect Number 7 - Page 3 Vote_rcap2 10% [ 1 ]
Ottawa Prospect Number 7 - Page 3 Vote_lcap230%Ottawa Prospect Number 7 - Page 3 Vote_rcap2 30% [ 3 ]
Ottawa Prospect Number 7 - Page 3 Vote_lcap20%Ottawa Prospect Number 7 - Page 3 Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
Ottawa Prospect Number 7 - Page 3 Vote_lcap20%Ottawa Prospect Number 7 - Page 3 Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 10

Poll closed

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 4]

31Ottawa Prospect Number 7 - Page 3 Empty Re: Ottawa Prospect Number 7 Tue Aug 05, 2014 8:05 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Dzingel has some great skill. I think it's probably top 6 or bust for him in the NHL, but now that things are changing to a top 9 he might have a chance.

32Ottawa Prospect Number 7 - Page 3 Empty Re: Ottawa Prospect Number 7 Tue Aug 05, 2014 8:48 pm

LeCaptain

All-Star
All-Star

Nick Paul's hands are crazy. You guys watching this game? he looks like the best player on the whole WJC team

33Ottawa Prospect Number 7 - Page 3 Empty Re: Ottawa Prospect Number 7 Tue Aug 05, 2014 10:18 pm

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Wouldn't surprise me if he made the team

34Ottawa Prospect Number 7 - Page 3 Empty Re: Ottawa Prospect Number 7 Wed Aug 06, 2014 8:34 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

LeKing wrote:Nick Paul's hands are crazy. You guys watching this game? he looks like the best player on the whole WJC team

Wow, really?

35Ottawa Prospect Number 7 - Page 3 Empty Re: Ottawa Prospect Number 7 Wed Aug 06, 2014 8:48 am

NEELY

Mod
Mod

SpezDispenser wrote:
LeKing wrote:Nick Paul's hands are crazy. You guys watching this game? he looks like the best player on the whole WJC team

Wow, really?

Yah, which is why people need to stop jumping off a bridge when deals are made in the NHL. Paul could very well end up being an NHL player.

36Ottawa Prospect Number 7 - Page 3 Empty Re: Ottawa Prospect Number 7 Wed Aug 06, 2014 8:55 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I don't think the Sens have ever had two prospects at the WJC. If Harpur makes the team (a long shot) they could have three.

With Ekblad getting injured last night (he was OK but don't think he finished the game) there's a pretty good chance the Panthers won't let him go. Opens up a spot for a defenseman. Could happen.

37Ottawa Prospect Number 7 - Page 3 Empty Re: Ottawa Prospect Number 7 Wed Aug 06, 2014 9:31 am

NEELY

Mod
Mod

wprager wrote:I don't think the Sens have ever had two prospects at the WJC.  If Harpur makes the team (a long shot) they could have three.

With Ekblad getting injured last night (he was OK but don't think he finished the game) there's a pretty good chance the Panthers won't let him go. Opens up a spot for a defenseman. Could happen.

I assume you mean on Canada.

38Ottawa Prospect Number 7 - Page 3 Empty Re: Ottawa Prospect Number 7 Wed Aug 06, 2014 9:32 am

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Also means nothing if these guys don't make the team

39Ottawa Prospect Number 7 - Page 3 Empty Re: Ottawa Prospect Number 7 Wed Aug 06, 2014 9:37 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

NEELY wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:

Wow, really?

Yah, which is why people need to stop jumping off a bridge when deals are made in the NHL.  Paul could very well end up being an NHL player.

It depends. I think most people were surprised by how little Spezza returned in a trade. Whether or not these prospects pan out is one thing, but I recall people wondering where the NHL impact player was.

The more we all read about chiasson having the terrible flu where he lost 15 pounds and being snake bitten around the net for months atca time may suggest that his potential to put up substantial points is high, so we wait and see.

40Ottawa Prospect Number 7 - Page 3 Empty Re: Ottawa Prospect Number 7 Wed Aug 06, 2014 9:58 am

NEELY

Mod
Mod

How little to who? To the ignorant fans on HF or Sens homers? Any teams homers for that matter. Spezza's return was solid, they got an NHL player, a 2nd rounder in a deep draft, and 2 potential NHL players who have developed better than a lot of 1st rounders.

41Ottawa Prospect Number 7 - Page 3 Empty Re: Ottawa Prospect Number 7 Wed Aug 06, 2014 11:28 am

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:

Wow, really?

Looks like the commentator agrees.

42Ottawa Prospect Number 7 - Page 3 Empty Re: Ottawa Prospect Number 7 Wed Aug 06, 2014 12:14 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

NEELY wrote:How little to who?  To the ignorant fans on HF or Sens homers?  Any teams homers for that matter.  Spezza's return was solid, they got an NHL player, a 2nd rounder in a deep draft, and 2 potential NHL players who have developed better than a lot of 1st rounders.  

Pretty much everyone, if I recall correctly.

43Ottawa Prospect Number 7 - Page 3 Empty Re: Ottawa Prospect Number 7 Wed Aug 06, 2014 12:49 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

SpezDispenser wrote:
NEELY wrote:How little to who?  To the ignorant fans on HF or Sens homers?  Any teams homers for that matter.  Spezza's return was solid, they got an NHL player, a 2nd rounder in a deep draft, and 2 potential NHL players who have developed better than a lot of 1st rounders.  

I bet if we go through the Turris thread it's the same people screaming foul.

44Ottawa Prospect Number 7 - Page 3 Empty Re: Ottawa Prospect Number 7 Wed Aug 06, 2014 12:55 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

NEELY wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:

I bet if we go through the Turris thread it's the same people screaming foul.

I don't really see the similarities. We gave up a big time prospects + a 2nd for a big time prospect who had asked out of Phoenix real early in his career. That could have gone either way for us.

45Ottawa Prospect Number 7 - Page 3 Empty Re: Ottawa Prospect Number 7 Wed Aug 06, 2014 1:05 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

No... it really couldn't have. Rundblad was awful and people just liked the idea of another highly skilled D man... he was no where near NHL ready nor is he now. Guy won't make it, was never going to make it, and he's just about done now.

Turris was a guy breaking out in the NHL playoffs during that same time, a guy that was being held back. It was a no brainer then, it's even simpler now.

The Spezza trade is similar, people love their player and believed he was worth more than he actually was. Can't get passed the names involved because they weren't 1st rounders. It's possible the Sens end up with 4 NHL players out of that trade for Spezza who's career could very well go off a cliff in the near future.

46Ottawa Prospect Number 7 - Page 3 Empty Re: Ottawa Prospect Number 7 Wed Aug 06, 2014 1:13 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Yeah lol, I'd say the Turris trade is pretty simply now.

47Ottawa Prospect Number 7 - Page 3 Empty Re: Ottawa Prospect Number 7 Wed Aug 06, 2014 1:15 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

https://ca.sports.yahoo.com/blogs/jrhockey-buzzing-the-net/senators-prospect-nick-paul-makes-strong-impression-team-052930397.html

48Ottawa Prospect Number 7 - Page 3 Empty Re: Ottawa Prospect Number 7 Wed Aug 06, 2014 2:23 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:No... it really couldn't have.  Rundblad was awful and people just liked the idea of another highly skilled D man... he was no where near NHL ready nor is he now.  Guy won't make it, was never going to make it, and he's just about done now.  

Turris was a guy breaking out in the NHL playoffs during that same time, a guy that was being held back.  It was a no brainer then, it's even simpler now.

The Spezza trade is similar, people love their player and believed he was worth more than he actually was.  Can't get passed the names involved because they weren't 1st rounders.  It's possible the Sens end up with 4 NHL players out of that trade for Spezza who's career could very well go off a cliff in the near future.

We don't have to go back. You loved rundblad in Sweden just like everybody else. Then you soured on him like others did. I loved the Turris deal.

The spezza trade is good and people are hypocrites when they say we gave up a ton for Ryan yet got nothing for for spezza.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum