GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Prospect Number 7

+6
tim1_2
wprager
shabbs
spader
Flo The Action
PTFlea
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Ottawa Prospect Number 7

Ottawa Prospect Number 7 - Page 4 Vote_lcap220%Ottawa Prospect Number 7 - Page 4 Vote_rcap2 20% [ 2 ]
Ottawa Prospect Number 7 - Page 4 Vote_lcap230%Ottawa Prospect Number 7 - Page 4 Vote_rcap2 30% [ 3 ]
Ottawa Prospect Number 7 - Page 4 Vote_lcap210%Ottawa Prospect Number 7 - Page 4 Vote_rcap2 10% [ 1 ]
Ottawa Prospect Number 7 - Page 4 Vote_lcap210%Ottawa Prospect Number 7 - Page 4 Vote_rcap2 10% [ 1 ]
Ottawa Prospect Number 7 - Page 4 Vote_lcap230%Ottawa Prospect Number 7 - Page 4 Vote_rcap2 30% [ 3 ]
Ottawa Prospect Number 7 - Page 4 Vote_lcap20%Ottawa Prospect Number 7 - Page 4 Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
Ottawa Prospect Number 7 - Page 4 Vote_lcap20%Ottawa Prospect Number 7 - Page 4 Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 10

Poll closed

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 4]

46Ottawa Prospect Number 7 - Page 4 Empty Re: Ottawa Prospect Number 7 Wed Aug 06, 2014 1:13 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Yeah lol, I'd say the Turris trade is pretty simply now.

47Ottawa Prospect Number 7 - Page 4 Empty Re: Ottawa Prospect Number 7 Wed Aug 06, 2014 1:15 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

https://ca.sports.yahoo.com/blogs/jrhockey-buzzing-the-net/senators-prospect-nick-paul-makes-strong-impression-team-052930397.html

48Ottawa Prospect Number 7 - Page 4 Empty Re: Ottawa Prospect Number 7 Wed Aug 06, 2014 2:23 pm

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:No... it really couldn't have.  Rundblad was awful and people just liked the idea of another highly skilled D man... he was no where near NHL ready nor is he now.  Guy won't make it, was never going to make it, and he's just about done now.  

Turris was a guy breaking out in the NHL playoffs during that same time, a guy that was being held back.  It was a no brainer then, it's even simpler now.

The Spezza trade is similar, people love their player and believed he was worth more than he actually was.  Can't get passed the names involved because they weren't 1st rounders.  It's possible the Sens end up with 4 NHL players out of that trade for Spezza who's career could very well go off a cliff in the near future.

We don't have to go back. You loved rundblad in Sweden just like everybody else. Then you soured on him like others did. I loved the Turris deal.

The spezza trade is good and people are hypocrites when they say we gave up a ton for Ryan yet got nothing for for spezza.

49Ottawa Prospect Number 7 - Page 4 Empty Re: Ottawa Prospect Number 7 Wed Aug 06, 2014 7:21 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Ev wrote:
NEELY wrote:No... it really couldn't have.  Rundblad was awful and people just liked the idea of another highly skilled D man... he was no where near NHL ready nor is he now.  Guy won't make it, was never going to make it, and he's just about done now.  

Turris was a guy breaking out in the NHL playoffs during that same time, a guy that was being held back.  It was a no brainer then, it's even simpler now.

The Spezza trade is similar, people love their player and believed he was worth more than he actually was.  Can't get passed the names involved because they weren't 1st rounders.  It's possible the Sens end up with 4 NHL players out of that trade for Spezza who's career could very well go off a cliff in the near future.

We don't have to go back. You loved rundblad in Sweden just like everybody else. Then you soured on him like others did. I loved the Turris deal.

The spezza trade is good and people are hypocrites when they say we gave up a ton for Ryan yet got nothing for for spezza.

Saw him play about 2 games and thought to myself "the SEL is an overrated league".

You're right about the people being total hypocrites though, somehow Silfverberg (who was the main piece) is soooooooo much better than Chaisson when in fact Chaisson thus far has been the better NHLer and plays way more of a North American game. Noesen is a guy I liked but does he have more value than Paul as of today? No chance... was he a bigger piece at the time? Sure but Paul did the EXACT same thing as Noesen did in the OHL to get noticed and taken in the 1st round but Paul is some scrub that is just a throw in? Right.

Spezza deal and Ryan deal are very similar but Ottawa had a rough season and the 1st rounder ended up being 10th... oh well.

Last edited by NEELY on Thu Aug 07, 2014 7:18 am; edited 1 time in total

50Ottawa Prospect Number 7 - Page 4 Empty Re: Ottawa Prospect Number 7 Wed Aug 06, 2014 8:59 pm

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Dallas gave up more getting Spezza than we did getting Ryan, though the 1st rd pick we gave up to Anaheim ended up really hurting.

51Ottawa Prospect Number 7 - Page 4 Empty Re: Ottawa Prospect Number 7 Thu Aug 07, 2014 8:57 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

It always comes back to that first round, a top ten pick. It starts and ends there. In a couple of years we may be able to say with more certainty, but for more that first rounder is the trump card. Everyone from Murray to all the analysts to the game of both teams were saying the Sens didn't get enough for Spezza.

On Rundblad, go back and check my posts. I was impressed with his record setting season, until I went to check who the other highest scoring defensemen were in the SEL. Out of the top ten or so (single season scoring) I recognized one name -- some fringe player who lasted a couple of seasons in the NHL. High scoring forwards in the SEL often do well here, but not so for defensemen.

On Silfverberg, of course he had more value than anyone in the Spezza trade. He just won everything in the SEL, broke Alfie'a record, and made Price look like a rookie with that lethal release.

Value at trade time it's very different than not, of course.

52Ottawa Prospect Number 7 - Page 4 Empty Re: Ottawa Prospect Number 7 Thu Aug 07, 2014 9:02 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ryan is still getting better. Spezza is declining. Spezza is one more serious back injury away from being a cripple.

Can't declare either trade a "success" for Ottawa yet anyway.

53Ottawa Prospect Number 7 - Page 4 Empty Re: Ottawa Prospect Number 7 Thu Aug 07, 2014 9:03 am

NEELY

Mod
Mod

wprager wrote:It always comes back to that first round, a top ten pick.  It starts and ends there.  In a couple of years we may be able to say with more certainty, but for more that first rounder is the trump card.  Everyone from Murray to all the analysts to the game of both teams were saying the Sens didn't get enough for Spezza.

On Rundblad, go back and check my posts.  I was impressed with his record setting season, until I went to check who the other highest scoring defensemen were in the SEL.  Out of the top ten or so (single season scoring) I recognized one name -- some fringe player who lasted a couple of seasons in the NHL. High scoring forwards in the SEL often do well here, but not so for defensemen.  

On Silfverberg, of course he had more value than anyone in the Spezza trade.  He just won everything in the SEL, broke Alfie'a record, and made Price look like a rookie with that lethal release.  

Value at trade time it's very different than not, of course.

Value to who? It's completely in the eye of the beholder.

54Ottawa Prospect Number 7 - Page 4 Empty Re: Ottawa Prospect Number 7 Thu Aug 07, 2014 9:04 am

NEELY

Mod
Mod

tim1_2 wrote:Ryan is still getting better.  Spezza is declining.  Spezza is one more serious back injury away from being a cripple.  

Can't declare either trade a "success" for Ottawa yet anyway.  

Thats's the other point... Ryan had way more value than Spezza.

55Ottawa Prospect Number 7 - Page 4 Empty Re: Ottawa Prospect Number 7 Thu Aug 07, 2014 9:23 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

We will see.

56Ottawa Prospect Number 7 - Page 4 Empty Re: Ottawa Prospect Number 7 Thu Aug 07, 2014 9:26 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum