GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Prospect Number 7

+6
tim1_2
wprager
shabbs
spader
Flo The Action
PTFlea
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Ottawa Prospect Number 7

Ottawa Prospect Number 7 - Page 2 Vote_lcap220%Ottawa Prospect Number 7 - Page 2 Vote_rcap2 20% [ 2 ]
Ottawa Prospect Number 7 - Page 2 Vote_lcap230%Ottawa Prospect Number 7 - Page 2 Vote_rcap2 30% [ 3 ]
Ottawa Prospect Number 7 - Page 2 Vote_lcap210%Ottawa Prospect Number 7 - Page 2 Vote_rcap2 10% [ 1 ]
Ottawa Prospect Number 7 - Page 2 Vote_lcap210%Ottawa Prospect Number 7 - Page 2 Vote_rcap2 10% [ 1 ]
Ottawa Prospect Number 7 - Page 2 Vote_lcap230%Ottawa Prospect Number 7 - Page 2 Vote_rcap2 30% [ 3 ]
Ottawa Prospect Number 7 - Page 2 Vote_lcap20%Ottawa Prospect Number 7 - Page 2 Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
Ottawa Prospect Number 7 - Page 2 Vote_lcap20%Ottawa Prospect Number 7 - Page 2 Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 10

Poll closed

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 4]

16Ottawa Prospect Number 7 - Page 2 Empty Re: Ottawa Prospect Number 7 Tue Aug 05, 2014 12:31 pm

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

What about Paul? He's likely going to play at the WJHC this winter. He recorded 18 pts in 22 gp in the OHL playoffs (including 12 g). Also more than doubled his goal total from the year before.

17Ottawa Prospect Number 7 - Page 2 Empty Re: Ottawa Prospect Number 7 Tue Aug 05, 2014 12:54 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:What about Paul? He's likely going to play at the WJHC this winter. He recorded 18 pts in 22 gp in the OHL playoffs (including 12 g). Also more than doubled his goal total from the year before.

I think a lot of people on here are taking a wait and see approach to both Paul and Guptill (and to a certain extent Chiasson). I think by this time next year at least one of Paul or Guptill will have sky rocketed up the prospect rankings here.

18Ottawa Prospect Number 7 - Page 2 Empty Re: Ottawa Prospect Number 7 Tue Aug 05, 2014 1:28 pm

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

tim1_2 wrote:I'll go Guptill, but I have no clue to be honest.

That's OK, we know.  Comfort 

19Ottawa Prospect Number 7 - Page 2 Empty Re: Ottawa Prospect Number 7 Tue Aug 05, 2014 1:33 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SpezDispenser wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:What about Paul? He's likely going to play at the WJHC this winter. He recorded 18 pts in 22 gp in the OHL playoffs (including 12 g). Also more than doubled his goal total from the year before.

I think a lot of people on here are taking a wait and see approach to both Paul and Guptill (and to a certain extent Chiasson).  I think by this time next year at least one of Paul or Guptill will have sky rocketed up the prospect rankings here.

This time next year we may be gushing over Harpur. Huge, decent mobility, could turn out what we hope Cowen would become. Or, at the very push him a bit.

20Ottawa Prospect Number 7 - Page 2 Empty Re: Ottawa Prospect Number 7 Tue Aug 05, 2014 2:04 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Ev wrote:Wikstrand. Easy choice

I'll take the guy who has proven to be a pretty good pick while playing in NA right now and turning pro without the organization hesitating.  I also like Hogberg in the top 10 as well, think the only reason he was drafted is because he fell right into their lap.

Last edited by NEELY on Tue Aug 05, 2014 2:27 pm; edited 1 time in total

21Ottawa Prospect Number 7 - Page 2 Empty Re: Ottawa Prospect Number 7 Tue Aug 05, 2014 2:16 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Well they're al better than brassard who I was correct about never amounting to much.

I really like Wikstrands potential. Definite nhler. Can't say the same about a goalie. Wikstrand is a better prospect than Claesson.

22Ottawa Prospect Number 7 - Page 2 Empty Re: Ottawa Prospect Number 7 Tue Aug 05, 2014 2:28 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Ev wrote:Well they're al better than brassard who I was correct about never amounting to much.

I really like Wikstrands potential. Definite nhler. Can't say the same about a goalie. Wikstrand is a better prospect than Claesson.

I think Driedger is for sure an NHLer as well and have thought that for a while.  Nothing over the past 2 seasons would leave me doubting my own opinion at this point on him.  Hogberg has a an enormous amount of potential as well but I have seen very little of him and really have no idea where he tops out at.

I think Brassard can still be a pro and develop but like I said, I don't think the Sens draft Hogberg unless he's a guy they had in their top 30-40 guys and he is still left on the board in the 3rd round where they got him. Brassard fell victim to a numbers game.

23Ottawa Prospect Number 7 - Page 2 Empty Re: Ottawa Prospect Number 7 Tue Aug 05, 2014 2:36 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Ev wrote:Well they're al better than brassard who I was correct about never amounting to much.

I thought that too a year ago or so, but Claesson has come over and shone at the pro level here, I personally will have to wait to see what Wikstrand does when he comes to the pros before making that decision. He'll be my next vote though (voted for Dzingel).

24Ottawa Prospect Number 7 - Page 2 Empty Re: Ottawa Prospect Number 7 Tue Aug 05, 2014 2:40 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Wikstrand is in the pros for Frolunda. Different game but still impressive.

25Ottawa Prospect Number 7 - Page 2 Empty Re: Ottawa Prospect Number 7 Tue Aug 05, 2014 2:50 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Ev wrote:Wikstrand is in the pros for Frolunda. Different game but still impressive.

Agreed, but I still feel the AHL is the big test for Europeans.

26Ottawa Prospect Number 7 - Page 2 Empty Re: Ottawa Prospect Number 7 Tue Aug 05, 2014 2:58 pm

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

All I know is I'm excited to see what a healthy Mark Stone can do. Even down on the 3rd line with Zib and Hoffman. Those guys dominated in the AHL and I'm interested to see what they can do at the NHL level together.

27Ottawa Prospect Number 7 - Page 2 Empty Re: Ottawa Prospect Number 7 Tue Aug 05, 2014 3:02 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Ev wrote:Wikstrand is in the pros for Frolunda. Different game but still impressive.

By all accounts he has played well for Frolunda too, legit organization and was the logical next step for him. That said, NA is a different game but Wikstrand might be the guy that actually transitions well. We'll see though, top 6-10 guys are interchangable IMO.

28Ottawa Prospect Number 7 - Page 2 Empty Re: Ottawa Prospect Number 7 Tue Aug 05, 2014 4:11 pm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:All I know is I'm excited to see what a healthy Mark Stone can do. Even down on the 3rd line with Zib and Hoffman. Those guys dominated in the AHL and I'm interested to see what they can do at the NHL level together.

I kind of like the idea of a top AHL line coming in together as a 3rd NHL line. I know that isn't what's actually happening, but it's close and I like it.  :crossarms: 

29Ottawa Prospect Number 7 - Page 2 Empty Re: Ottawa Prospect Number 7 Tue Aug 05, 2014 4:56 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

How can you say Wikstrand is a better prospect than Claesson when the later has already played pro in North America in the second best league, and excelled at his position.

Not arguing is he better or not, only that I haven't seen Wikstrand play on NA ice.

30Ottawa Prospect Number 7 - Page 2 Empty Re: Ottawa Prospect Number 7 Tue Aug 05, 2014 5:37 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

missing a vote.
I have to think Guptill has to take it. the guy is said to have some crazy moves, the knock on him if i remember is consistency and dedication but apparently that is said to be sorting itself out.
I really don't like picking goalies before they get to the AHL and even then you're never really sure on how good they'll be till the big show.

dzingel to me sounds like a 3rd/4rth liner in what i read but then again it's not like there's a whole lot written about him.

31Ottawa Prospect Number 7 - Page 2 Empty Re: Ottawa Prospect Number 7 Tue Aug 05, 2014 8:05 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Dzingel has some great skill. I think it's probably top 6 or bust for him in the NHL, but now that things are changing to a top 9 he might have a chance.

32Ottawa Prospect Number 7 - Page 2 Empty Re: Ottawa Prospect Number 7 Tue Aug 05, 2014 8:48 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Nick Paul's hands are crazy. You guys watching this game? he looks like the best player on the whole WJC team

33Ottawa Prospect Number 7 - Page 2 Empty Re: Ottawa Prospect Number 7 Tue Aug 05, 2014 10:18 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Wouldn't surprise me if he made the team

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum