GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Jason Spezza - Trade Discussion

+18
TheAvatar
Hobiesens
DefenceWinsChampionships
wprager
Cap'n Clutch
SDH89
Hoags
Ev
shabbs
LeCaptain
tim1_2
SeawaySensFan
PTFlea
NEELY
Flo The Action
sandysensfan
Vandelay
spader
22 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 22 ... 30  Next

Go down  Message [Page 15 of 30]

211Jason Spezza - Trade Discussion - Page 15 Empty Re: Jason Spezza - Trade Discussion Fri Jun 27, 2014 2:19 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

NEELY wrote:
sandysensfan wrote:So is Stastny the real domino and Spezza doesn't move until Stastny is decided?

lol no.

Uh, yeah that's possible.

212Jason Spezza - Trade Discussion - Page 15 Empty Re: Jason Spezza - Trade Discussion Fri Jun 27, 2014 2:21 pm

Hoags

All-Star
All-Star

NEELY wrote:
Hoags wrote:Great we're going to get Berglund it looks like ...

Honestly, besides the shoulder thing WTF is wrong with Berglund?  He's a solid NHL player who scores 20 basically every year and is solid in all 3 zones.  He could be a solid player for the Sens for a very long time and he's just entering his prime.

Inconsistent, injury problems, career high of 52 points at age 26. He's not really going to get any better, and he may end up #3C if Zibanejad locks down #2 spot. Not bad just nothing special and a lame return for a player of Spezza's skilset. Depends on what St. Louis adds to that(1st rounder and/or prospect), doubt we're getting Schwartz or Tarasenko.

Only good thing is he's a leftie and Swedish which will up the Swedish quotient on the team so maybe Karlsson will stop moping.

213Jason Spezza - Trade Discussion - Page 15 Empty Re: Jason Spezza - Trade Discussion Fri Jun 27, 2014 2:21 pm

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:Kessler had two destination for van to choose from. Not so for spezza.  Here's hoping dallas and Chicago put a nice package forward.

We could get a better return then kesler got

We should because Spezza is the better player.

214Jason Spezza - Trade Discussion - Page 15 Empty Re: Jason Spezza - Trade Discussion Fri Jun 27, 2014 2:25 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Statspadzza Zzwirlingzz Intenzzify.

more to come

215Jason Spezza - Trade Discussion - Page 15 Empty Re: Jason Spezza - Trade Discussion Fri Jun 27, 2014 2:28 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Hoags wrote:
NEELY wrote:
Hoags wrote:Great we're going to get Berglund it looks like ...

Honestly, besides the shoulder thing WTF is wrong with Berglund?  He's a solid NHL player who scores 20 basically every year and is solid in all 3 zones.  He could be a solid player for the Sens for a very long time and he's just entering his prime.

Inconsistent, injury problems, career high of 52 points at age 26.  He's not really going to get any better, and he may end up #3C if Zibanejad locks down #2 spot.  Not bad just nothing special and a lame return for a player of Spezza's skilset.  Depends on what St.  Louis adds to that(1st rounder and/or prospect),  doubt we're getting Schwartz or Tarasenko.

Only good thing is he's a leftie and Swedish which will up the Swedish quotient on the team so maybe Karlsson will stop moping.

Depth is a good thing and guys who can play in all situations is an important player.  He also played in a defensive system where he still scored 20 a year.  Jesus this convo seems like it has happened before... think his name was Turris.

216Jason Spezza - Trade Discussion - Page 15 Empty Re: Jason Spezza - Trade Discussion Fri Jun 27, 2014 2:29 pm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

SeawaySensFan wrote:Nice to see Kesler off the board.

Sucks for the Ducks to pay that much for an inferior player to Spezza but that's their problem. Yeah, I know, he's a "warrior, blah, blah, blah..."  He'll play about 30 - 50 games a year and be out of the lineup for the playoffs or ineffective due to crippling injury.

Thankfully, they got that package in return. Now Murray can say, "Well, the Ducks gave up all this for Kesler, and Spezza's a better player, so we'll take Schwartz, Oshie, Tarasenko, and all the firsts."

Make it happn, murrie!

217Jason Spezza - Trade Discussion - Page 15 Empty Re: Jason Spezza - Trade Discussion Fri Jun 27, 2014 2:33 pm

sandysensfan

Veteran
Veteran

SpezDispenser wrote:Ribiero might be bought out.  Serious stuff in Arizona.  Getting set for the huge push?  

For Spezza and Milan? If it's Arizona for Spezza I hope part of that return is Henrik Samuelsson.

218Jason Spezza - Trade Discussion - Page 15 Empty Re: Jason Spezza - Trade Discussion Fri Jun 27, 2014 2:36 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

sandysensfan wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:Ribiero might be bought out.  Serious stuff in Arizona.  Getting set for the huge push?  

For Spezza and Milan?  If it's Arizona for Spezza I hope part of that return is Henrik Samuelsson.

Would take him over Domi IMO just because of the generally attitude Domi brings with him but he's a decent prospect.  I think there are better options there like Boedker, Arizona's 1st, and perhaps Michael Stone... Samuelsson wouldn't be bad though.

219Jason Spezza - Trade Discussion - Page 15 Empty Re: Jason Spezza - Trade Discussion Fri Jun 27, 2014 2:39 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Yeah I'd love boedker, 14th and Samuelsson. Id be thrilled.

Come on, buy him out and let's do it.

220Jason Spezza - Trade Discussion - Page 15 Empty Re: Jason Spezza - Trade Discussion Fri Jun 27, 2014 2:46 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

We'll see... I think Murray will make a very solid trade here.

221Jason Spezza - Trade Discussion - Page 15 Empty Re: Jason Spezza - Trade Discussion Fri Jun 27, 2014 3:09 pm

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

I hope Murray uses this platform to make a blockbuster. Would you?

To Ottawa: Boedker, Yandle, Samuelsson, 1st
To Phoenix: Spezza, Methot, Prince

222Jason Spezza - Trade Discussion - Page 15 Empty Re: Jason Spezza - Trade Discussion Fri Jun 27, 2014 3:11 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:I hope Murray uses this platform to make a blockbuster. Would you?

Seems reasonable to me.

223Jason Spezza - Trade Discussion - Page 15 Empty Re: Jason Spezza - Trade Discussion Fri Jun 27, 2014 3:15 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:I hope Murray uses this platform to make a blockbuster. Would you?

A good proposal. Maybe a little light on ottawas side though.

224Jason Spezza - Trade Discussion - Page 15 Empty Re: Jason Spezza - Trade Discussion Fri Jun 27, 2014 3:18 pm

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

SeawaySensFan wrote:

Seems reasonable to me.

I think the more pieces you add to the trade, the less pressure on Murray to justify value.

Looking at the Kessler trade, I was actually okay with the return considering Van had two teams to negotiate with. Its sets a very good precedent for a return with Spezza.

I'd imagine STL is looking at upping their offer as there are no guarantees Stastny signs with them. Anaheim got better today, LA with the Gaborik signing as well. STL has lost Halak, Miller, Ott, Stewart and really can't afford to take a gamble on Stastny as a UFA.

Honestly though, here's to hoping the rumours concerning Sharp are reliable. Would love to have him on our team.

225Jason Spezza - Trade Discussion - Page 15 Empty Re: Jason Spezza - Trade Discussion Fri Jun 27, 2014 4:02 pm

sandysensfan

Veteran
Veteran

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

Seems reasonable to me.

I think the more pieces you add to the trade, the less pressure on Murray to justify value.

Looking at the Kessler trade, I was actually okay with the return considering Van had two teams to negotiate with. Its sets a very good precedent for a return with Spezza.

I'd imagine STL is looking at upping their offer as there are no guarantees Stastny signs with them. Anaheim got better today, LA with the Gaborik signing as well. STL has lost Halak, Miller, Ott, Stewart and really can't afford to take a gamble on Stastny as a UFA.

Honestly though, here's to hoping the rumours concerning Sharp are reliable. Would love to have him on our team.  

I think St Louis has a good chance of landing Stastny as he grew up there. They can also offer more than the 6M that the Avs did.

226Jason Spezza - Trade Discussion - Page 15 Empty Re: Jason Spezza - Trade Discussion Fri Jun 27, 2014 4:04 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

trade coming?

Arizona Coyotes ‏@ArizonaCoyotes 3m

BREAKING: #Coyotes have initiated a buyout of the remaining three years of center Mike Ribeiro's contract. (more)

227Jason Spezza - Trade Discussion - Page 15 Empty Re: Jason Spezza - Trade Discussion Fri Jun 27, 2014 4:27 pm

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Flo The Action wrote:trade coming?

Arizona Coyotes ‏@ArizonaCoyotes 3m

BREAKING: #Coyotes have initiated a buyout of the remaining three years of center Mike Ribeiro's contract. (more)

I was actually just about to post this too. Very interesting.... Should make for a good draft tonight.

228Jason Spezza - Trade Discussion - Page 15 Empty Re: Jason Spezza - Trade Discussion Fri Jun 27, 2014 4:39 pm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Then the Sens sign Vrbata and Ribeiro. Sens take the top talent from the Yotes and make a run this year.

MacArthur-Turris-Ryan
Boedker-Ribeiro-Vrbata
Stone-Zibanejad-Lazar
Greening-Smith-Neil

Hoffman/Pageau/Condra

Cowen-Karlsson
Yandle-Gryba
Phillips-Ceci

Weir/Boro

Anderson
Lehner

Nod