GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Carolina @ Ottawa - March 31, 2014

+11
wprager
sandysensfan
PTFlea
SensHulk
Flo The Action
shabbs
Ev
tim1_2
SeawaySensFan
LeCaptain
NEELY
15 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 8]

31Carolina @ Ottawa - March 31, 2014  - Page 3 Empty Re: Carolina @ Ottawa - March 31, 2014 Mon Mar 31, 2014 2:17 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Turris is the #1 center in Ottawa, best all around forward they have. That trade was nothing short of perfect.

32Carolina @ Ottawa - March 31, 2014  - Page 3 Empty Re: Carolina @ Ottawa - March 31, 2014 Mon Mar 31, 2014 2:43 pm

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Michallica wrote:Has anybody talked about turris being named number 1 star for the nhl this past week?

Said it before, this season of struggle has the silver lining of turris' development. Might be ready to break out next season
next season? pretty much a steady progression for him ever since he got to ottawa. I don't expect any breakout season for him. just a steady progression going forward. he could stand to get a little bigger and that would be amazing in reinforcing how he plays the game. he'd be a complete player.

33Carolina @ Ottawa - March 31, 2014  - Page 3 Empty Re: Carolina @ Ottawa - March 31, 2014 Mon Mar 31, 2014 2:49 pm

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:
Michallica wrote:Has anybody talked about turris being named number 1 star for the nhl this past week?

Said it before, this season of struggle has the silver lining of turris' development. Might be ready to break out next season
next season? pretty much a steady progression for him ever since he got to ottawa. I don't expect any breakout season for him. just a steady progression going forward. he could stand to get a little bigger and that would be amazing in reinforcing how he plays the game. he'd be a complete player.

"He'd be a complete player."..? Not sure how he isn't a complete player now. The kid is fantastic.

34Carolina @ Ottawa - March 31, 2014  - Page 3 Empty Re: Carolina @ Ottawa - March 31, 2014 Mon Mar 31, 2014 3:03 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:Turris is the #1 center in Ottawa, best all around forward they have. That trade was nothing short of perfect.

good god man, flip flopping again. JUST last week you said Rundblad was going to be #1 d and that Murray missed the boat

35Carolina @ Ottawa - March 31, 2014  - Page 3 Empty Re: Carolina @ Ottawa - March 31, 2014 Mon Mar 31, 2014 3:10 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

I stand by that.

36Carolina @ Ottawa - March 31, 2014  - Page 3 Empty Re: Carolina @ Ottawa - March 31, 2014 Mon Mar 31, 2014 3:45 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

He's inslulated by Spezza though. Anyone who says otherwise is fooling themselves. Spezza takes ALL the crisitism (rightly so, but still), coaches around the league still sick their top D pairing on him. It really allows Turris to slip in there and shock other teams with his unbelievable puck persuit skills. Best on the team by a landslide.

What Spezza could learn from him (ha ha) is that everyone loses the puck or gets it stolen, but what seperates the winners from the losers is the ability to at the very least make it a rough ride for the player(s) who stole it from you by back-checking ferociously. Turris and Mac are the best at that.

37Carolina @ Ottawa - March 31, 2014  - Page 3 Empty Re: Carolina @ Ottawa - March 31, 2014 Mon Mar 31, 2014 3:47 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

tim1_2 wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

"He'd be a complete player."..?  Not sure how he isn't a complete player now.  The kid is fantastic.

The final step is point production IMO. He's got everything else. In this NHL right now, it appears 80 is the new 100, so the next step is for him to log 80 points and 30 goals.

Otherwise, he's absolutely perfect.

38Carolina @ Ottawa - March 31, 2014  - Page 3 Empty Re: Carolina @ Ottawa - March 31, 2014 Mon Mar 31, 2014 3:51 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

SpezDispenser wrote:He's inslulated by Spezza though.  Anyone who says otherwise is fooling themselves.  Spezza takes ALL the crisitism (rightly so, but still), coaches around the league still sick their top D pairing on him.  It really allows Turris to slip in there and shock other teams with his unbelievable puck persuit skills.  Best on the team by a landslide.

What Spezza could learn from him (ha ha) is that everyone loses the puck or gets it stolen, but what seperates the winners from the losers is the ability to at the very least make it a rough ride for the player(s) who stole it from you by back-checking ferociously.  Turris and Mac are the best at that.

BULL... S*IT

39Carolina @ Ottawa - March 31, 2014  - Page 3 Empty Re: Carolina @ Ottawa - March 31, 2014 Mon Mar 31, 2014 3:53 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

NEELY wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:He's inslulated by Spezza though.  Anyone who says otherwise is fooling themselves.  Spezza takes ALL the crisitism (rightly so, but still), coaches around the league still sick their top D pairing on him.  It really allows Turris to slip in there and shock other teams with his unbelievable puck persuit skills.  Best on the team by a landslide.

What Spezza could learn from him (ha ha) is that everyone loses the puck or gets it stolen, but what seperates the winners from the losers is the ability to at the very least make it a rough ride for the player(s) who stole it from you by back-checking ferociously.  Turris and Mac are the best at that.

BULL... S*IT

He is though. He's a great player in his own right, but put Z-Bad as the 2nd line C and all of a sudden the entire opposing team is keying on Turris' line and only that line. At least right now they have another line to think about.

Goes back to all of us banging the drum over and over and over about having a TOP 9, not just a top 6.

40Carolina @ Ottawa - March 31, 2014  - Page 3 Empty Re: Carolina @ Ottawa - March 31, 2014 Mon Mar 31, 2014 3:55 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

It's not just Spezza, it could be ANY 2nd line C with point production experience in the NHL. So, you could still trade Spezza, sign Statsny and be fine and dandy, but we're getting into fantasy land with that scenario.

41Carolina @ Ottawa - March 31, 2014  - Page 3 Empty Re: Carolina @ Ottawa - March 31, 2014 Mon Mar 31, 2014 4:02 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

"He'd be a complete player."..?  Not sure how he isn't a complete player now.  The kid is fantastic.

The final step is point production IMO.  He's got everything else.  In this NHL right now, it appears 80 is the new 100, so the next step is for him to log 80 points and 30 goals.  

ya his game is complete, what i'm saying is if he'd bulk up a little more you'd see his effectiveness go to another level. he battles hard but his effort would be even more effective if he'd gain a little bit more weight.

42Carolina @ Ottawa - March 31, 2014  - Page 3 Empty Re: Carolina @ Ottawa - March 31, 2014 Mon Mar 31, 2014 4:25 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Flo The Action wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

The final step is point production IMO.  He's got everything else.  In this NHL right now, it appears 80 is the new 100, so the next step is for him to log 80 points and 30 goals.  

ya his game is complete, what i'm saying is if he'd bulk up a little more you'd see his effectiveness go to another level. he battles hard but his effort would be even more effective if he'd gain a little bit more weight.

Probably, yeah. Plus experience is great, this year has been a down year, but he was amazing. I see no reason why he can't continue to grow as a player.

What a trade in retrospect lol. Damn...

43Carolina @ Ottawa - March 31, 2014  - Page 3 Empty Re: Carolina @ Ottawa - March 31, 2014 Mon Mar 31, 2014 5:34 pm

sandysensfan

Veteran
Veteran

tim1_2 wrote:I'm going to the game tonight, and am now excited.

Well you get your wish... No Spezza..

44Carolina @ Ottawa - March 31, 2014  - Page 3 Empty Re: Carolina @ Ottawa - March 31, 2014 Mon Mar 31, 2014 6:01 pm

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

I hope the sens win (duh) but I"m not looking forward to the whole 'see? sens don't need spezza' argument if they do win.....

45Carolina @ Ottawa - March 31, 2014  - Page 3 Empty Re: Carolina @ Ottawa - March 31, 2014 Mon Mar 31, 2014 6:09 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

GO SENS GO!!!

46Carolina @ Ottawa - March 31, 2014  - Page 3 Empty Re: Carolina @ Ottawa - March 31, 2014 Mon Mar 31, 2014 6:51 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Go win one for Giggles. Anyone know his other nickname? He got it when Grats was still here.

47Carolina @ Ottawa - March 31, 2014  - Page 3 Empty Re: Carolina @ Ottawa - March 31, 2014 Mon Mar 31, 2014 6:59 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

wprager wrote:Go win one for Giggles.  Anyone know his other nickname?  He got it when Grats was still here.
Ears?

48Carolina @ Ottawa - March 31, 2014  - Page 3 Empty Re: Carolina @ Ottawa - March 31, 2014 Mon Mar 31, 2014 7:00 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Tits

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum