GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GDT: Sens @ Caps, 7PM, TSN2/TSN1200

+10
PTFlea
Ev
Oglethorpe
Hockeyhero22000
NEELY
Cap'n Clutch
wprager
SeawaySensFan
shabbs
SensHulk
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down  Message [Page 7 of 8]

91GDT: Sens @ Caps, 7PM, TSN2/TSN1200 - Page 7 Empty Re: GDT: Sens @ Caps, 7PM, TSN2/TSN1200 Thu Nov 28, 2013 10:31 am

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

And how the hell did Karlsson knock Ovechkin on his arse like that? Amazing play - and a tape-to-tape pass seconds before Ovie tried to destroy him. Ahhhhh! 

92GDT: Sens @ Caps, 7PM, TSN2/TSN1200 - Page 7 Empty Re: GDT: Sens @ Caps, 7PM, TSN2/TSN1200 Thu Nov 28, 2013 10:44 am

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Ev wrote:lol NEELY you used to call Anderson one of the best tenders in the game
He was the Vezina winner if he plays all of last year... that would be the best tender in the game and the season before that he was fantastic as well. What I said was warranted. If he's on he is one of the best.

Right now? He's been awful so I fail to see how me stating the obvious is flip flopping in any kind of way, lol.

93GDT: Sens @ Caps, 7PM, TSN2/TSN1200 - Page 7 Empty Re: GDT: Sens @ Caps, 7PM, TSN2/TSN1200 Thu Nov 28, 2013 10:46 am

NEELY

Mod
Mod

wprager wrote:
Ev wrote:lol NEELY you used to call Anderson one of the best tenders in the game
That's when he was.  Don't you know NEELY just calls it like it is.  And "is" has a very short shelf-life.
Players literally will have great years then it's all down hill. Very few players in the league can be considered great because the consistency of their production and play drop off so much. That's what Karlsson is great and Spezza is not.

94GDT: Sens @ Caps, 7PM, TSN2/TSN1200 - Page 7 Empty Re: GDT: Sens @ Caps, 7PM, TSN2/TSN1200 Thu Nov 28, 2013 10:47 am

NEELY

Mod
Mod

SpezDispenser wrote:I would bet good money Mac takes Corvo out and puts Boro in.  That first play was enough I'm sure to cement Corvo's place in the press box for a while.

As for Anderson, I'm not sure which goal I'd blame on him directly.  The first one Feher channelled his inner Ovechkin, the second goal bounced off some guy's shin pad right to the Cap player, the third one, the Cap player walked right in and made a pretty nice play.  The fourth one was stoppable - and that almost did us in.

Gryba has to be days away from being waived.  The hit on Eller seemed to mess with him a bit, but then the Orpik him really scrambled him up.  
You kidding me? Anderson should have jumped on the puck when he had it instead of firing right back into the slot. That goal was created by him and him only. Then he was caught about 200 feet out of his crease and it became a tap in.

95GDT: Sens @ Caps, 7PM, TSN2/TSN1200 - Page 7 Empty Re: GDT: Sens @ Caps, 7PM, TSN2/TSN1200 Thu Nov 28, 2013 10:47 am

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

You said "that's the difference between a good goalie and a great goalie", implying Anderson isn't great. You don't call a guy not great if you called him that before just because he's having a bad 1/4 start to the season.

Fact is Anderson has been one of the best goalies for about 25 games. Other than that he is an average/good NHL starter.

Craig Anderson is not a guy who will win you a Stanley Cup.

96GDT: Sens @ Caps, 7PM, TSN2/TSN1200 - Page 7 Empty Re: GDT: Sens @ Caps, 7PM, TSN2/TSN1200 Thu Nov 28, 2013 10:48 am

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Ev wrote:You said "that's the difference between a good goalie and a great goalie", implying Anderson isn't great. You don't call a guy not great if you called him that before just because he's having a bad 1/4 start to the season.

Fact is Anderson has been one of the best goalies for about 25 games. Other than that he is an average/good NHL starter.

Craig Anderson is not a guy who will win you a Stanley Cup.
I don't think I have ever called Anderson great... if I have then it was more along the lines of playing great vs being great. Anderson being one of the best goalies in the league doesn't imply he's great. Bishop is one of the best goalies in the NHL, is he great? No chance.

97GDT: Sens @ Caps, 7PM, TSN2/TSN1200 - Page 7 Empty Re: GDT: Sens @ Caps, 7PM, TSN2/TSN1200 Thu Nov 28, 2013 10:54 am

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

No Bishop is not one of the best goalies in the NHL. He's having one of the best seasons. Two different things.

If Anderson is one of the best goalies in the league, he's a great goalie.

98GDT: Sens @ Caps, 7PM, TSN2/TSN1200 - Page 7 Empty Re: GDT: Sens @ Caps, 7PM, TSN2/TSN1200 Thu Nov 28, 2013 11:03 am

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Ev wrote:No Bishop is not one of the best goalies in the NHL. He's having one of the best seasons. Two different things.

If Anderson is one of the best goalies in the league, he's a great goalie.
We have very different definitions of great then. Pretty sure I had this discussion with SD as well. Roy, Brodure, Hasek, those are great goalies. Currently, Lundqvist is probably the only guy I would say is great, Quick is close.

99GDT: Sens @ Caps, 7PM, TSN2/TSN1200 - Page 7 Empty Re: GDT: Sens @ Caps, 7PM, TSN2/TSN1200 Thu Nov 28, 2013 11:07 am

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

No my opinion is that he is NOT a great goalie.

I'm saying if one says he is one of th ebest in the league, then one considers him great.

100GDT: Sens @ Caps, 7PM, TSN2/TSN1200 - Page 7 Empty Re: GDT: Sens @ Caps, 7PM, TSN2/TSN1200 Thu Nov 28, 2013 11:09 am

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Ev wrote:No my opinion is that he is NOT a great goalie.

I'm saying if one says he is one of th ebest in the league, then one considers him great.
Clearly not true because I don't, lol.

101GDT: Sens @ Caps, 7PM, TSN2/TSN1200 - Page 7 Empty Re: GDT: Sens @ Caps, 7PM, TSN2/TSN1200 Thu Nov 28, 2013 11:09 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

NEELY wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:I would bet good money Mac takes Corvo out and puts Boro in.  That first play was enough I'm sure to cement Corvo's place in the press box for a while.

As for Anderson, I'm not sure which goal I'd blame on him directly.  The first one Feher channelled his inner Ovechkin, the second goal bounced off some guy's shin pad right to the Cap player, the third one, the Cap player walked right in and made a pretty nice play.  The fourth one was stoppable - and that almost did us in.

Gryba has to be days away from being waived.  The hit on Eller seemed to mess with him a bit, but then the Orpik him really scrambled him up.  
You kidding me?  Anderson should have jumped on the puck when he had it instead of firing right back into the slot.  That goal was created by him and him only.  Then he was caught about 200 feet out of his crease and it became a tap in.
I think he thought whoever the D-man wasn't gonna handle it like a grenade. He should have covered it, but what a cluster**** that followed.

102GDT: Sens @ Caps, 7PM, TSN2/TSN1200 - Page 7 Empty Re: GDT: Sens @ Caps, 7PM, TSN2/TSN1200 Thu Nov 28, 2013 11:15 am

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Rask is a great goalie. Price is getting up there. Rinne is a great goalie.

103GDT: Sens @ Caps, 7PM, TSN2/TSN1200 - Page 7 Empty Re: GDT: Sens @ Caps, 7PM, TSN2/TSN1200 Thu Nov 28, 2013 11:16 am

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Well yah, that's why you cover the puck when you are a goaltender. Nothing pisses D men off more when the goalie has a chance to cover the puck and doesn't. That's when players start to turn on the goalie a little.

104GDT: Sens @ Caps, 7PM, TSN2/TSN1200 - Page 7 Empty Re: GDT: Sens @ Caps, 7PM, TSN2/TSN1200 Thu Nov 28, 2013 11:17 am

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Ev wrote:Rask is a great goalie. Price is getting up there. Rinne is a great goalie.

LOL, no he isn't. He's good, not even close to great. What makes him great? Absolutely nothing. Price might be there one day. Rask is close.

105GDT: Sens @ Caps, 7PM, TSN2/TSN1200 - Page 7 Empty Re: GDT: Sens @ Caps, 7PM, TSN2/TSN1200 Thu Nov 28, 2013 11:19 am

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

You don't commit $7 million for 7 years to a goalie if he isn't great.

He's an elite goalie in today's NHL. Plays behind a piss poor team as well.

106GDT: Sens @ Caps, 7PM, TSN2/TSN1200 - Page 7 Empty Re: GDT: Sens @ Caps, 7PM, TSN2/TSN1200 Thu Nov 28, 2013 11:24 am

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Ev wrote:You don't commit $7 million for 7 years to a goalie if he isn't great.

He's an elite goalie in today's NHL. Plays behind a piss poor team as well.
No, but 15 years you do right? Using a contract given out by an organization that had no one else to give the money to as some sort of proof or indication that someone is great, not just a goalie is about the weakest argument you can make.

That piss poor team has their backup playing right now and already has 2 SO's in 8 games. That piss poor team is defense first as well.

Again, I challenge you to show me anything that indicates Rinne being great. Dipietro must be great based on your standards because the Islanders are paying him until 2029.

107GDT: Sens @ Caps, 7PM, TSN2/TSN1200 - Page 7 Empty Re: GDT: Sens @ Caps, 7PM, TSN2/TSN1200 Thu Nov 28, 2013 11:30 am

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

C'mon. The Predators and Poile especially are some of the brightest minds in the games. They don't give the guy that contract if they don't feel he is worth it. Yes they are defense first but if they felt Rinne wasn't an elite goaltender, they would have just went with another option as they have the goaltending depth.

I am going by what I see and I'm pretty sure I'm in the majority. Rinne's massive, athletic, and just wins games. I would argue what DOESN'T make him a great goalie? His career stats back it up as well, almost a .920 career save percentage.

He needs to have a bigger sample to show he is truly ELITE but I don't see why he would not be considered a great goalie. He is a massive step above a guy like Anderson.

Roberto Luongo was definitely a great goalie when he signed his deal, by the way. He was one of the game's best.

108GDT: Sens @ Caps, 7PM, TSN2/TSN1200 - Page 7 Empty Re: GDT: Sens @ Caps, 7PM, TSN2/TSN1200 Thu Nov 28, 2013 11:34 am

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Being one of the best in the game doesn't make you great. Like I said you and I have very different definitions of "great".

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 7 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum