GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GDT: Sens @ Caps, 7PM, TSN2/TSN1200

+10
PTFlea
Ev
Oglethorpe
Hockeyhero22000
NEELY
Cap'n Clutch
wprager
SeawaySensFan
shabbs
SensHulk
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Go down  Message [Page 8 of 8]

106GDT: Sens @ Caps, 7PM, TSN2/TSN1200 - Page 8 Empty Re: GDT: Sens @ Caps, 7PM, TSN2/TSN1200 Thu Nov 28, 2013 11:24 am

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Ev wrote:You don't commit $7 million for 7 years to a goalie if he isn't great.

He's an elite goalie in today's NHL. Plays behind a piss poor team as well.
No, but 15 years you do right? Using a contract given out by an organization that had no one else to give the money to as some sort of proof or indication that someone is great, not just a goalie is about the weakest argument you can make.

That piss poor team has their backup playing right now and already has 2 SO's in 8 games. That piss poor team is defense first as well.

Again, I challenge you to show me anything that indicates Rinne being great. Dipietro must be great based on your standards because the Islanders are paying him until 2029.

107GDT: Sens @ Caps, 7PM, TSN2/TSN1200 - Page 8 Empty Re: GDT: Sens @ Caps, 7PM, TSN2/TSN1200 Thu Nov 28, 2013 11:30 am

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

C'mon. The Predators and Poile especially are some of the brightest minds in the games. They don't give the guy that contract if they don't feel he is worth it. Yes they are defense first but if they felt Rinne wasn't an elite goaltender, they would have just went with another option as they have the goaltending depth.

I am going by what I see and I'm pretty sure I'm in the majority. Rinne's massive, athletic, and just wins games. I would argue what DOESN'T make him a great goalie? His career stats back it up as well, almost a .920 career save percentage.

He needs to have a bigger sample to show he is truly ELITE but I don't see why he would not be considered a great goalie. He is a massive step above a guy like Anderson.

Roberto Luongo was definitely a great goalie when he signed his deal, by the way. He was one of the game's best.

108GDT: Sens @ Caps, 7PM, TSN2/TSN1200 - Page 8 Empty Re: GDT: Sens @ Caps, 7PM, TSN2/TSN1200 Thu Nov 28, 2013 11:34 am

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Being one of the best in the game doesn't make you great. Like I said you and I have very different definitions of "great".

109GDT: Sens @ Caps, 7PM, TSN2/TSN1200 - Page 8 Empty Re: GDT: Sens @ Caps, 7PM, TSN2/TSN1200 Thu Nov 28, 2013 11:38 am

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Your definition is bad and you should feel bad.

There is Hall of Fame.

There is Elite.

Then great.

Then good.

Then average.

Then bad.

110GDT: Sens @ Caps, 7PM, TSN2/TSN1200 - Page 8 Empty Re: GDT: Sens @ Caps, 7PM, TSN2/TSN1200 Thu Nov 28, 2013 11:40 am

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Ev wrote:Your definition is bad and you should feel bad.

There is Hall of Fame.

There is Elite.

Then great.

Then good.

Then average.

Then bad.
I'll be sure to check Websters.

111GDT: Sens @ Caps, 7PM, TSN2/TSN1200 - Page 8 Empty Re: GDT: Sens @ Caps, 7PM, TSN2/TSN1200 Thu Nov 28, 2013 11:57 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

You can go through the list of Hall of Famers and find at least a few that aren't actually "great."

112GDT: Sens @ Caps, 7PM, TSN2/TSN1200 - Page 8 Empty Re: GDT: Sens @ Caps, 7PM, TSN2/TSN1200 Thu Nov 28, 2013 11:58 am

NEELY

Mod
Mod

SeawaySensFan wrote:You can go through the list of Hall of Famers and find at least a few that aren't actually "great."
A few? lol, tons.

113GDT: Sens @ Caps, 7PM, TSN2/TSN1200 - Page 8 Empty Re: GDT: Sens @ Caps, 7PM, TSN2/TSN1200 Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:00 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:You can go through the list of Hall of Famers and find at least a few that aren't actually "great."
A few? lol, tons.

That's why I said "at least". Facepalm 

114GDT: Sens @ Caps, 7PM, TSN2/TSN1200 - Page 8 Empty Re: GDT: Sens @ Caps, 7PM, TSN2/TSN1200 Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:42 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

NEELY wrote:Well yah, that's why you cover the puck when you are a goaltender.  Nothing pisses D men off more when the goalie has a chance to cover the puck and doesn't.  That's when players start to turn on the goalie a little.
Cost us the Cup. Emery didn't cover the puck and they ended up scoring -- I believe that was game 1 and we had a lead. Would have been a different series if the Sens win G1, then Emery stood on his head in G2 -- with the swagger from G1 who knows, maybe the crash the crease with abandon and knock Pronger on his Donkey instead of the other way around.

115GDT: Sens @ Caps, 7PM, TSN2/TSN1200 - Page 8 Empty Re: GDT: Sens @ Caps, 7PM, TSN2/TSN1200 Thu Nov 28, 2013 7:03 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

For SD:

GDT: Sens @ Caps, 7PM, TSN2/TSN1200 - Page 8 Alex-ovechkin-karlsson-hit

116GDT: Sens @ Caps, 7PM, TSN2/TSN1200 - Page 8 Empty Re: GDT: Sens @ Caps, 7PM, TSN2/TSN1200 Thu Nov 28, 2013 7:23 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Awesome.

117GDT: Sens @ Caps, 7PM, TSN2/TSN1200 - Page 8 Empty Re: GDT: Sens @ Caps, 7PM, TSN2/TSN1200 Thu Nov 28, 2013 8:09 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Now I realize why my battery is at 5%. I accidentally left it running this for a while.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 8 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum