GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GDT: Sens @ Caps, 7PM, TSN2/TSN1200

+10
PTFlea
Ev
Oglethorpe
Hockeyhero22000
NEELY
Cap'n Clutch
wprager
SeawaySensFan
shabbs
SensHulk
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down  Message [Page 6 of 8]

76GDT: Sens @ Caps, 7PM, TSN2/TSN1200 - Page 6 Empty Re: GDT: Sens @ Caps, 7PM, TSN2/TSN1200 Thu Nov 28, 2013 9:04 am

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Release The Lehner!

77GDT: Sens @ Caps, 7PM, TSN2/TSN1200 - Page 6 Empty Re: GDT: Sens @ Caps, 7PM, TSN2/TSN1200 Thu Nov 28, 2013 9:35 am

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:Who said lucky?  I said Caps were bad.  They were.  
I said lucky because I thought Anderson was gonna blow it to be honest.

78GDT: Sens @ Caps, 7PM, TSN2/TSN1200 - Page 6 Empty Re: GDT: Sens @ Caps, 7PM, TSN2/TSN1200 Thu Nov 28, 2013 9:38 am

SensHulk

All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:
Michallica wrote:The rest of you work.

Anderson in, Scorevo in, lines remain unchanged. Watch out for that OV.

GoSensGo! 
Fixed it for you.
Pretty sure I'm part of the working class. Good ol' dependable high-tech. Facepalm 

I will take credit for last night's victory.

79GDT: Sens @ Caps, 7PM, TSN2/TSN1200 - Page 6 Empty Re: GDT: Sens @ Caps, 7PM, TSN2/TSN1200 Thu Nov 28, 2013 9:40 am

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

NEELY wrote:
LeKing wrote:
NEELY wrote:Wiercioch is having a fantastic game.
Best player on the ice for sure. Flawless transition game
I thought so too and the same against Carolina.  Seems he is starting to figure it out a little and on top of that he is being asked to play the right side.  Wiercioch is going to be a very good NHL D man one day so you just hope he can start putting on the weight and gaining the strength needed.  
Weircioch made a huge play late in the 3rd last night pokechecking the puck away from the caps player who had an open net on anderson.

Speaking of which, why is anderson so out of position all the time? He does not look good in net....lehner please!

80GDT: Sens @ Caps, 7PM, TSN2/TSN1200 - Page 6 Empty Re: GDT: Sens @ Caps, 7PM, TSN2/TSN1200 Thu Nov 28, 2013 9:49 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Michallica wrote:
Speaking of which, why is anderson so out of position all the time? He does not look good in net....lehner please!
Yeah, I've noticed that too. It's kind of weird. It's like he quits on plays way too soon.

81GDT: Sens @ Caps, 7PM, TSN2/TSN1200 - Page 6 Empty Re: GDT: Sens @ Caps, 7PM, TSN2/TSN1200 Thu Nov 28, 2013 9:56 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

tim1_2 wrote:So we were down 3-1, and then Neil runs a guy over and drops the mitts.  Kickstarted the team.  Then he picks up the assist on Smith's game winner.  

Chris Neil: 1A, +2.  Neil = Win.

Lehner will be in tonight.
And it should not have even been a penalty. Someone on twitter was arguing with Mendes that he timed it and it was .85 seconds. BS. The puck was moved along the boards and then both Smith and however the guy that Neil ran over swung their sticks at it. The puck was touched by at least one stick. Did he have possession? Technically, no, but the puck was right there and I have never seen an interference call when the guy is swinging his stick at a puck just because he doesn't actually gain possession. Oh, and the hit from Neil was a split second after that, not 0.85.

82GDT: Sens @ Caps, 7PM, TSN2/TSN1200 - Page 6 Empty Re: GDT: Sens @ Caps, 7PM, TSN2/TSN1200 Thu Nov 28, 2013 9:57 am

NEELY

Mod
Mod

tim1_2 wrote:
Michallica wrote:
Speaking of which, why is anderson so out of position all the time?  He does not look good in net....lehner please!
Yeah, I've noticed that too.  It's kind of weird.  It's like he quits on plays way too soon.  
Exactly what separates good goalies from great ones.

83GDT: Sens @ Caps, 7PM, TSN2/TSN1200 - Page 6 Empty Re: GDT: Sens @ Caps, 7PM, TSN2/TSN1200 Thu Nov 28, 2013 9:59 am

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

lol NEELY you used to call Anderson one of the best tenders in the game

84GDT: Sens @ Caps, 7PM, TSN2/TSN1200 - Page 6 Empty Re: GDT: Sens @ Caps, 7PM, TSN2/TSN1200 Thu Nov 28, 2013 10:08 am

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

Ev wrote:lol NEELY you used to call Anderson one of the best tenders in the game
There's a reason you nicknamed him after a lovable dolphin.

Also, how lethal did our powerplay look? Please keep Weircioch and Corvo in the lineup. Apart from that first goal, Corvo looked aight. I would guess Gryba is the odd man out now.

85GDT: Sens @ Caps, 7PM, TSN2/TSN1200 - Page 6 Empty Re: GDT: Sens @ Caps, 7PM, TSN2/TSN1200 Thu Nov 28, 2013 10:12 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Michallica wrote:
wprager wrote:
Michallica wrote:The rest of you work.

Anderson in, Scorevo in, lines remain unchanged. Watch out for that OV.

GoSensGo! 
Fixed it for you.
Pretty sure I'm part of the working class.  Good ol' dependable high-tech. Facepalm 

I will take credit for last night's victory.
Calm down, Nancy. Go ahead, take the credit and apply it to tonight's tilt.

I've got a co-worker from India who's over here for a 3 week stint (ending tomorrow), and one of my guys is planning on taking him to the game tonight (I'd love to go but too many kid-related commitments). Let's hope they don't lay an egg.

86GDT: Sens @ Caps, 7PM, TSN2/TSN1200 - Page 6 Empty Re: GDT: Sens @ Caps, 7PM, TSN2/TSN1200 Thu Nov 28, 2013 10:12 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

LeKing wrote:
Which is exactly why trading for DelZotto makes no sense as I said yesterday. Right again as usual.

Where's W.P. Rager's complaining about Phillips on the PP? As I said, Phillips is quite effective on the PP. 2nd behind "Karls" Karlsson in PP points right now.

87GDT: Sens @ Caps, 7PM, TSN2/TSN1200 - Page 6 Empty Re: GDT: Sens @ Caps, 7PM, TSN2/TSN1200 Thu Nov 28, 2013 10:13 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Ev wrote:lol NEELY you used to call Anderson one of the best tenders in the game
That's when he was. Don't you know NEELY just calls it like it is. And "is" has a very short shelf-life.

88GDT: Sens @ Caps, 7PM, TSN2/TSN1200 - Page 6 Empty Re: GDT: Sens @ Caps, 7PM, TSN2/TSN1200 Thu Nov 28, 2013 10:17 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SeawaySensFan wrote:
LeKing wrote:
Which is exactly why trading for DelZotto makes no sense as I said yesterday. Right again as usual.

Where's W.P. Rager's complaining about Phillips on the PP? As I said, Phillips is quite effective on the PP. 2nd behind "Karls" Karlsson in PP points right now.
Nice goal, sure, a one-in-a-million shot for BigRig, though. He is second behind Karlsson because when you have 5 guys on the ice and 3 points are given out for a goal -- those are pretty good odds. He keeps getting the ice time. If Wiercioch go the same ice time, who is to say how many points he would have; better question, who is to say what kind of PP conversion rate we would have.

89GDT: Sens @ Caps, 7PM, TSN2/TSN1200 - Page 6 Empty Re: GDT: Sens @ Caps, 7PM, TSN2/TSN1200 Thu Nov 28, 2013 10:21 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
LeKing wrote:

Nice goal, sure, a one-in-a-million shot for BigRig, though.  He is second behind Karlsson because when you have 5 guys on the ice and 3 points are given out for a goal -- those are pretty good odds.  He keeps getting the ice time.  If Wiercioch go the same ice time, who is to say how many points he would have; better question, who is to say what kind of PP conversion rate we would have.
Good question and the answer is "who knows?"

What we do know is that Phillips is 2nd behind Karlsson in PP points under the current configuration. And ahead of a bunch of other guys who are there to get one of 3 points that are given out for a goal.

90GDT: Sens @ Caps, 7PM, TSN2/TSN1200 - Page 6 Empty Re: GDT: Sens @ Caps, 7PM, TSN2/TSN1200 Thu Nov 28, 2013 10:24 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I would bet good money Mac takes Corvo out and puts Boro in. That first play was enough I'm sure to cement Corvo's place in the press box for a while.

As for Anderson, I'm not sure which goal I'd blame on him directly. The first one Feher channelled his inner Ovechkin, the second goal bounced off some guy's shin pad right to the Cap player, the third one, the Cap player walked right in and made a pretty nice play. The fourth one was stoppable - and that almost did us in.

Gryba has to be days away from being waived. The hit on Eller seemed to mess with him a bit, but then the Orpik him really scrambled him up.

91GDT: Sens @ Caps, 7PM, TSN2/TSN1200 - Page 6 Empty Re: GDT: Sens @ Caps, 7PM, TSN2/TSN1200 Thu Nov 28, 2013 10:31 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

And how the hell did Karlsson knock Ovechkin on his arse like that? Amazing play - and a tape-to-tape pass seconds before Ovie tried to destroy him. Ahhhhh! 

92GDT: Sens @ Caps, 7PM, TSN2/TSN1200 - Page 6 Empty Re: GDT: Sens @ Caps, 7PM, TSN2/TSN1200 Thu Nov 28, 2013 10:44 am

NEELY

Mod
Mod

He was the Vezina winner if he plays all of last year... that would be the best tender in the game and the season before that he was fantastic as well. What I said was warranted. If he's on he is one of the best.

Right now? He's been awful so I fail to see how me stating the obvious is flip flopping in any kind of way, lol.

93GDT: Sens @ Caps, 7PM, TSN2/TSN1200 - Page 6 Empty Re: GDT: Sens @ Caps, 7PM, TSN2/TSN1200 Thu Nov 28, 2013 10:46 am

NEELY

Mod
Mod

wprager wrote:
That's when he was.  Don't you know NEELY just calls it like it is.  And "is" has a very short shelf-life.
Players literally will have great years then it's all down hill. Very few players in the league can be considered great because the consistency of their production and play drop off so much. That's what Karlsson is great and Spezza is not.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum