GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GDT: Sens @ Panthers, 7:30PM, SNET/TVA, TSN1200 - RYSE EDITION

+11
Cap'n Clutch
Hobiesens
Number Twenty Nine
wprager
tim1_2
shabbs
Ev
NEELY
SeawaySensFan
PTFlea
SensHulk
15 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 7]

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

GDT: Sens @ Panthers, 7:30PM, SNET/TVA, TSN1200 - RYSE EDITION Large  @  GDT: Sens @ Panthers, 7:30PM, SNET/TVA, TSN1200 - RYSE EDITION Large

http://senators.nhl.com/gamecenter/en/preview?id=2013020414

Last 10: Ottawa 3-7-0; Florida 4-5-1

Season series: This is the second of four games the Ottawa Senators and Florida Panthers will play. Kyle Turris and Mika Zibanejad scored in the first 2:04 and the Senators held off the Panthers 3-2 on Nov. 9 in Ottawa.

Big story: Two-thirds of the season remains, but these teams have their work cut out if they want to climb back into the Stanley Cup Playoff picture. The Senators are seven points behind the fifth-place Toronto Maple Leafs in the Atlantic Division, and the Panthers are 12 points out of a postseason berth.

Team Scope:

Senators: Life gets back to normal for Ottawa after the hoopla surrounding Daniel Alfredsson's return to Canada's capital city Sunday. The Senators start a two-game Florida road trip and can look to their 6-5-2 record away from Canadian Tire Centre this season as encouragement.

Home ice hasn't been nearly so kind; a 4-2 loss to Alfredsson and the Detroit Red Wings dropped them to 4-8-2 in their own building. Clarke MacArthur continued his hot start with a goal, and Zibanejad scored, but overall the Senators continue to search for answers.

"We're not doing it hard enough," coach Paul MacLean said in the Ottawa Citizen. "We need to be harder. That might be harsh to say. We can look at the stat sheet and say it flattered us a little bit with the shots on goal or this and that. But at the end of the day, we didn't do enough to win. Is that playing harder? Is that work ethic? Is that being smarter? It's all of the above, I would say. But if we were to categorize it under one term, we need to play harder."

Panthers: There are two dates remaining on a five-game homestand for Florida, which is trying to get back in the groove it found briefly after Peter Horachek replaced Kevin Dineen as coach. The Panthers defeated the Philadelphia Flyers 3-1 to start the run at BB&T Center, but they've lost their past two by a combined 10-3 score against the New York Rangers and Pittsburgh Penguins.

Though the offense has struggled and ranks 28th in the NHL at 2.11 goals per game, leading scorer Scottie Upshall had a big month of November, with six goals and 12 points in 14 games.

"We got guys here that have a lot of upside," Upshall told the team website. "We got a lot of young, good players that are going to be better professionals and better pros in the short term and in the long term."

Who's hot: Zibanejad has goals in three consecutive games for the Senators. His eight goals in 19 games are one more than he scored in 42 games as a rookie. … Upshall has goals in consecutive games for the Panthers.

Injury report: Ottawa defenseman Marc Methot (flu symptoms) was a late scratch Sunday. … Florida defensemen Ed Jovanovski (hip) and Matt Gilroy (lower body) and forwards Steven Pinizzotto (hip) and Tomas Kopecky (upper body) are on injured reserve.

Team Stats
GPRecordHomeAwayL10G/GGA/GPP%PK%PIM/GS/GS/AFO%
2710-13-44-8-26-5-23-7-02.893.2219.479.113.032.034.950.8
277-15-54-6-33-9-24-5-12.113.2210.674.412.028.829.248.6

Lines:

Cmac-Spezz-Zibby
Hoff-Tooris-B.rye
Michallica-Smith-Neil
Connie-Greening(WTF?)-Contra

Cowin-Karlsgod
Philly-Scorevo
Grybes-Weirdcrotch

Anderson vs Thomas (unconfirmed)

Need this guy on ice:

GDT: Sens @ Panthers, 7:30PM, SNET/TVA, TSN1200 - RYSE EDITION Ryse_son_of_rome_game
GDT: Sens @ Panthers, 7:30PM, SNET/TVA, TSN1200 - RYSE EDITION Ryse-son-of-rome-screenshot
GDT: Sens @ Panthers, 7:30PM, SNET/TVA, TSN1200 - RYSE EDITION Mp_1080
GDT: Sens @ Panthers, 7:30PM, SNET/TVA, TSN1200 - RYSE EDITION Ryse-son-of-rome

Last edited by Michallica on Tue Dec 03, 2013 11:22 am; edited 2 times in total

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Nice GDT.

This is the start of a 7 game winning streak? More to come.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I'd like to see that Ryse guy get the crowd going at a live game. Can you imagine?!?!?

NEELY

Mod
Mod

The nail is already in the casket, now it's just a matter of seeing who is going to be in Ottawa long term and seeing who really doesn't give a damn. I suspect they somehow find a way to lose this game tonight and the hole just keeps getting bigger and bigger, it's almost to the point they can't get out now.

Anyways, 3-2 loss tonight, maybe they take a point.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:I'd like to see that Ryse guy get the crowd going at a live game. Can you imagine?!?!?
I think he should be in a toga and fat, is that a good idea? More to come...

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

NEELY wrote:The nail is already in the casket, now it's just a matter of seeing who is going to be in Ottawa long term and seeing who really doesn't give a damn.  I suspect they somehow find a way to lose this game tonight and the hole just keeps getting bigger and bigger, it's almost to the point they can't get out now.

Anyways, 3-2 loss tonight, maybe they take a point.
No way dude, I expect a victory tonight. It's pretty much a must win game if there ever was so far, if they lose tonight be it regulation or OT, they might as well pack it in for the rest of the season.

Personally I think they buck the trend this week and go 2-1 (win tonight and saturday) but 3-0 this week would be nice. Anything less, just mail it in, it ain't happening.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

They will win the next 3 games IMO

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

It's still early... we're not even at the.... checks standings.... uh..... 30 game mark... no doom and gloom yet... remember, it's a fast game... things can change on a dime... Wink

GDT: Sens @ Panthers, 7:30PM, SNET/TVA, TSN1200 - RYSE EDITION 0bdd

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

SpezDispenser wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:I'd like to see that Ryse guy get the crowd going at a live game. Can you imagine?!?!?
I think he should be in a toga and fat, is that a good idea?  More to come...
Facepalm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Tim "Tea Party" Thomas confirmed...

https://twitter.com/GeorgeRichards/status/407899388569477120

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

FLA scratches:

"Scott Gomez joins Dmitry Kulikov as #FlaPanthes scratches v #Sens... Matt Gilroy and Tomas Kopecky also out"

https://twitter.com/GeorgeRichards/status/407905859071537152

Last edited by shabbs on Tue Dec 03, 2013 11:49 am; edited 1 time in total

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Sens lines at skate today:

MacArthur-Spezza-Zibanejad
Hoffman-Turris-Ryan
Michalek-Smith-Neil
Conacher/Kassian-Greening-Condra

https://twitter.com/Syl_St_Laurent/status/407910726137679872

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Methot back at the skate today:

https://twitter.com/Syl_St_Laurent/status/407909861913927680

Wonder if he'll be a game-time decision.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

D-pairs at practice:

Méthot-Karlsson
Phillips-Corvo
Cowen/Wiercioch-Gryba

https://twitter.com/Syl_St_Laurent/status/407910514287599616

Seems like Methot will be back in...

PTFlea

PTFlea