GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GDT: Sens @ Wings

+5
Cap'n Clutch
NEELY
SeawaySensFan
wprager
shabbs
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 6]

61GDT: Sens @ Wings - Page 5 Empty Re: GDT: Sens @ Wings Sat Nov 23, 2013 11:58 pm

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

thats what you get with a team filled with soft Europeans. Not sure why they think this will work. The Red Wings were terrible overrated.

62GDT: Sens @ Wings - Page 5 Empty Re: GDT: Sens @ Wings Sun Nov 24, 2013 6:33 am

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Datsyuk also went down pretty easy to give them that second give on three, the one where Boro got the tripping call. Who else dove?

63GDT: Sens @ Wings - Page 5 Empty Re: GDT: Sens @ Wings Sun Nov 24, 2013 6:40 am

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Just reading that Datsyuk only played three more shifts after that play and is out of the lineup today against Buffalo.  That's quite an elaborate selling job if he's really fading faking it.  Mind you, it's just Buffalo.

EDIT: Damn you, Swype! Dammit! 

Last edited by wprager on Sun Nov 24, 2013 9:14 am; edited 1 time in total

64GDT: Sens @ Wings - Page 5 Empty Re: GDT: Sens @ Wings Sun Nov 24, 2013 8:30 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Sorry Alfie, but you did NOT....

GDT: Sens @ Wings - Page 5 4lWmFP7SRLu9bsQ1eIi3_choose_wisely

65GDT: Sens @ Wings - Page 5 Empty Re: GDT: Sens @ Wings Sun Nov 24, 2013 8:39 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:thats what you get with a team filled with soft Europeans. Not sure why they think this will work. The Red Wings were terrible overrated.
Have been for years.

Highlight of the game? Watching the most overrated player in any sport at any level go down like he was hit in the face when nothing happened. Helm also went down like he was shot after a light tap on the skates.

Somebody tell Babcock to either get an upper lip or grow a stupidly oversized mustache.

66GDT: Sens @ Wings - Page 5 Empty Re: GDT: Sens @ Wings Sun Nov 24, 2013 8:40 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:Detroit is basically the perfect matchup for us.  They are so easy to push around and get rattled.  It was like watching us versus Montreal in the playoffs last year.  We basically pummeled the Dung out of them.

Grant and Phillips were great on the PK.  Karlsson was pretty good short-handed as well.  

Watching MacArthur play, it makes you wonder why Toronto let him go, and why other teams weren't willing to overpay to take him.  

Anyway, we beatdown Detroit once before and it didn't lead to much...here's hoping it does this time.
Carlyle got tired of telling him to trim his sideburns.

67GDT: Sens @ Wings - Page 5 Empty Re: GDT: Sens @ Wings Sun Nov 24, 2013 8:45 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Wings are claiming Cowen elbowed Datsyuk in the head and it went uncalled. Want the NHL to look into it.

Anyone got a vid of that altercation?

68GDT: Sens @ Wings - Page 5 Empty Re: GDT: Sens @ Wings Sun Nov 24, 2013 8:48 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

shabbs wrote:Wings are claiming Cowen elbowed Datsyuk in the head and it went uncalled. Want the NHL to look into it.

Anyone got a vid of that altercation?
I just finished watching the game and that sequence was replayed several times. Cowen didn't touch him. No, I don't mean he grazed him or hit him but not hard. He literally didn't touch him.

69GDT: Sens @ Wings - Page 5 Empty Re: GDT: Sens @ Wings Sun Nov 24, 2013 8:52 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

See for yourself:

70GDT: Sens @ Wings - Page 5 Empty Re: GDT: Sens @ Wings Sun Nov 24, 2013 8:56 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Check the video at the 0:23 mark above. The elbow does get up and clip him in the jaw. But it seems to come from Datsyuk stopping short as Cowen goes by.

Hmmmm.... doubt we see anything from the league.

But, you can see Datsyuk looking up for the refs after when he' son the ice... #selljob

71GDT: Sens @ Wings - Page 5 Empty Re: GDT: Sens @ Wings Sun Nov 24, 2013 8:59 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

shabbs wrote:Check the video at the 0:23 mark above. The elbow does get up and clip him in the jaw. But it seems to come from Datsyuk stopping short as Cowen goes by.

But, you can see Datsyuk looking up for the refs after when he' son the ice... #selljob
He saw the elbow coming and straightened up, AFAIC. I'm sure Cowen will have the book thrown at him.

72GDT: Sens @ Wings - Page 5 Empty Re: GDT: Sens @ Wings Sun Nov 24, 2013 9:01 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

SeawaySensFan wrote:
shabbs wrote:Check the video at the 0:23 mark above. The elbow does get up and clip him in the jaw. But it seems to come from Datsyuk stopping short as Cowen goes by.

He saw the elbow coming and straightened up, AFAIC. I'm sure Cowen will have the book thrown at him.
*chairs turn toward The Shanaban*

"Well, what say you sheriff?"

73GDT: Sens @ Wings - Page 5 Empty Re: GDT: Sens @ Wings Sun Nov 24, 2013 9:17 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SeawaySensFan wrote:See for yourself:

Can't really tell from the video. Elbow was there, so was chin. His reaction is slightly delayed which makes you wonder, but he had three shifts (the last one being just 12 seconds) after that play and it was a 1-goal game at that point.

74GDT: Sens @ Wings - Page 5 Empty Re: GDT: Sens @ Wings Sun Nov 24, 2013 9:19 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Agreed with the sudden turn scenario. Cowen is just skating when that Russian punk does a "Crazy Ivan" and drives his chin into Cowen's elbow pad. I hope Jared is alright.

75GDT: Sens @ Wings - Page 5 Empty Re: GDT: Sens @ Wings Sun Nov 24, 2013 9:27 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

"In the video, you can clearly see Wings player #13 use his chin as a weapon, targeting the elbow of Sens player #2 in a reckless and dangerous manner. This is a blatant infraction of NHL Rule #34, paragraph 4, section III which states that no player can use their chin as a blunt force object of destruction. For this, Wings player #13 will sit for.... 5 GAMES!!!!"

76GDT: Sens @ Wings - Page 5 Empty Re: GDT: Sens @ Wings Sun Nov 24, 2013 9:36 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Apparently Datsyuk didn't travel with Detroit to Buffalo.

Seidenberg never even got a hearing when he clearly elbowed Bobby Ryan directly in the face, so I wouldn't expect anything here either...right?

77GDT: Sens @ Wings - Page 5 Empty Re: GDT: Sens @ Wings Sun Nov 24, 2013 9:39 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Agreed with the sudden turn scenario.  Cowen is just skating when that Russian punk does a "Crazy Ivan" and drives his chin into Cowen's elbow pad.  I hope Jared is alright.
#PrayForJared

78GDT: Sens @ Wings - Page 5 Empty Re: GDT: Sens @ Wings Sun Nov 24, 2013 9:40 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Jared from Subway? Where they have $5 footlongs?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum