GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

PLAYOFF GAME DAY: Sens @ Pens :: Game 1, Round 2 :: 7:30 PM ET :: Tue. May. 14th, 2013

+11
Oglethorpe
Number Twenty Nine
NEELY
SeawaySensFan
PTFlea
Ev
SensHulk
Hoags
wprager
tim1_2
shabbs
15 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14

Go down  Message [Page 14 of 14]

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

spader wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:I'm not sure who's happier with the outcome of this game. The Penguins or Habs fans and Montreal media?

There is literally nothing more pathetic than being knocked out by a team, then laughing when they get beat the next round. Pretty much screams loser.

Who got beat in the next round? This round has barely started. scratch

G1 was a feeling out process. No matter what Bylsma is telling them now I'd bet they (Pens) think their sh*t don't stink. After all, the Sens did out shoot them, so that's their A-game. There will be some players -- not all, but likely quite a few -- who are thinking that, even if they may be saying something different.

On the flip side, I don't want any of the Sens players (or us, fans, for that matter) to think that this was the best we'll see from the Pens. We'll play a very different G2 and win, and then the Pens will know they're in tough. Hopefully we can injure some of them before they come to that realization. AINEK

Last edited by wprager on Wed May 15, 2013 5:53 pm; edited 1 time in total

spader

All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:
spader wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:I'm not sure who's happier with the outcome of this game. The Penguins or Habs fans and Montreal media?

There is literally nothing more pathetic than being knocked out by a team, then laughing when they get beat the next round. Pretty much screams loser.

G1 was a feeling out process. No matter what Bylsma is telling them now I'd bet they (Pens) think their sh*t don't stink. After all, the Sens did out shoot them, so that's their A-game. There will be some players -- not all, but likely quite a few -- who are thinking that, even if they may be saying something different.

On the flip side, I don't want any of the Sens players (or us, fans, for that matter) to think that this was the best we'll see from the Pens. We'll play a very different G2 and win, and then the Pens will know they're in tough. Hopefully we can injure some of them before they come to that realization. AIKEK

What's AIKEK?

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

spader wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:

I meant beaten in the first game.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

spader wrote:
wprager wrote:
spader wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:

On the flip side, I don't want any of the Sens players (or us, fans, for that matter) to think that this was the best we'll see from the Pens. We'll play a very different G2 and win, and then the Pens will know they're in tough. Hopefully we can injure some of them before they come to that realization. AIKEK

What's AIKEK?

something Erik karlsson?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

spader wrote:
wprager wrote:
spader wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:

What's AIKEK?

It's my brain thinking "Not" and my fingers hearing "Knot" -- my fingers sometimes don't hear too well but, in their defense, the difference in pronunciation is very subtle.

Anyhow, should have been AINEK (And I'm Not Even Kidding)

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:
Ev wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
Ev wrote:
Hoags wrote:Kassian has to come out. I can't believe they let Cooke try and psyche Karlsson out behind the net with his leg up again.

Oh my god so dirty of him!!!

I can't see the video, but if he did that, I can't believe one of the Sens didn't beat the Dung out of him.

it was a joke. he didn't do anything

Dangerous joke. Skates are sharp so they can turn and stop suddenly; and because skates are sharp they need to be kept on the ice.

If Cooke cuts someone again in a similar fashion, they'll need to do something about it. It is a dangerous way to take someone into the boards.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I don't think there is any need to wait until he does it again. Make a rule that when you go in for a hit you have to keep both feet on the ice.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Apropos of nothing:

PLAYOFF GAME DAY: Sens @ Pens :: Game 1, Round 2 :: 7:30 PM ET :: Tue. May. 14th, 2013 - Page 14 BKZhtICCcAACl33

Sid Vicious Laughing3

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I didn't need that image.

sandysensfan

Veteran
Veteran

The Sens have to try to do whatever they can (short of trading their top prospects) to try to get their hands on Sean Monahan in the draft...

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

sandysensfan wrote:The Sens have to try to do whatever they can (short of trading their top prospects) to try to get their hands on Sean Monahan in the draft...

The Sens made round 2 -- their pick will be 23rd or worse, right? Monahan is likely to go top-10 (8-9). They would need a pick from Edmonton/Buffalo/Jersey/Dallas. Edmonton could use a goalie but unless we deal Anderson we don't really have depth there (Driedger has a long way to go before he can be evaluated). They could also use Wiercioch to complement Schultz (leftie-rightie). But is Edmonton (picks 7th overall) aiming higher than necessary?

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

Any chance we could get Max Domi ? That would be hilarious.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Hoags wrote:Any chance we could get Max Domi ? That would be hilarious.

Well according to a recent mock draft they are ranked very close.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

sandysensfan wrote:The Sens have to try to do whatever they can (short of trading their top prospects) to try to get their hands on Sean Monahan in the draft...

So... I guess they shouldn't do whatever they can?

ddt

ddt
Rookie
Rookie

wprager wrote:The Sens made round 2 -- their pick will be 23rd or worse, right?

Nope. Conference finalists get spots 27-30. Then it's any division winners that did not make the conference finals, sorted by regular-season point totals. And finally the rest of the teams, again sorted by regular-season point totals. So if the Senators beat the Penguins, they'll pick between 27th and 30th; otherwise, they'll pick 17th.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

It's time to take home ice tonight!

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:It's time to take home ice tonight!

That and injure crybaby Crysby and "Geno" Malkin. Injure them good!

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

ddt wrote:
wprager wrote:The Sens made round 2 -- their pick will be 23rd or worse, right?

Nope. Conference finalists get spots 27-30. Then it's any division winners that did not make the conference finals, sorted by regular-season point totals. And finally the rest of the teams, again sorted by regular-season point totals. So if the Senators beat the Penguins, they'll pick between 27th and 30th; otherwise, they'll pick 17th.

In that case, it really won't take very much. Anything outside of the top 5 can have huge fluctuations. He could slip from 8th to 12-15th easily. Trade a a mid-tier prospect and next year's 1st to whoever holds 10, then discuss with the 2-3 teams ahead of there to trade a prospect for future considerations -- meaning not to pick Monahan). We've got some pieces that we can't use but other might find useful -- DaCosta, Regin, O'Brien, Benoit.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 14 of 14]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum