GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

PLAYOFF GAME DAY: Habs @ Sens :: Game 3, Round 1 :: 7:00pm ET :: Sun. May. 5th, 2013

+15
rooneypoo
Hockeyhero22000
Bramlet07
sandysensfan
tim1_2
NEELY
Ev
Hoags
Flo The Action
Number Twenty Nine
PTFlea
wprager
SeawaySensFan
SensHulk
shabbs
19 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 14  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 14]

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Yep. After the moronic callers they went to Pittsburgh and interviewed someone about that series, then they had Brennan interviewed for an Ottawa perspective.

Meanwhile we have golf. Sad

And then Karlsson tweeting about the first round a couple days ago -- except he wasn't talking about the playoffs. Bad karma.

Any radio station that has Elliotte Friedman freely uttering the worde "bull$hit" without getting bleeped is A OK with me!

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Elliotte is a girl's name.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Just reviewing some of Subban's hits, and he launches himself pretty good out there. There was one particular play where Benoit goes to the corner to fetch the puck and he charges from the face off circle in, then launches himself like he is going for a high jump (leading with his butt/back, as usual). Benoit see it coming and jumps up himself. But I wonder what would have happened if he ducked instead. His shoulder would have taken the hit, but it would also have catapulted Subban head-first into the glass, with no time to react, and going backwards like he was, no hands in front to brace for impact.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

PLAYOFF GAME DAY: Habs @ Sens :: Game 3, Round 1 :: 7:00pm ET :: Sun. May. 5th, 2013 - Page 2 2291290_orig

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

PLAYOFF GAME DAY: Habs @ Sens :: Game 3, Round 1 :: 7:00pm ET :: Sun. May. 5th, 2013 - Page 2 Captur11

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Posted this originally in the game 2 thread, more relevant here. Mike Boone -- a sports reporter for the Montreal Gazette added this snippet at the end of his article recapping last night's game:

There is speculation Jason Spezza will be back for the potentially pivotal game 3 on Sunday.

The Ottawa centre has been out so long MacLean may have forgotten Spezza’s number.

Goo goo g’joob

Who is speculating it -- no clue; could be Boone himself. The Gazette may not be the Montreal Star (still miss that) but it's not a tabloid either.

Number Twenty Nine

Number Twenty Nine
Veteran
Veteran

For game 3, I wish people would go find some kind of walrus figurine and throw it on the ice in Ottawa ala Detroit octopus...

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Number Twenty Nine wrote:For game 3, I wish people would go find some kind of walrus figurine and throw it on the ice in Ottawa ala Detroit octopus...
Now that is an idea that has legs... or tusks... or flippers... whatever, I like it.

Rats in Florida.

Octopus in Detroit.

Waffles in Toronto.

Walrus in Ottawa.

Make. It. So.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Hey, I suggested getting some stuffed walruses for the visitor's dressing room -- one in each stall, maybe.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

They should do that, but our marketing department isn't smart enough.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

SpezDispenser wrote:They should do that, but our marketing department isn't smart enough.
Evan is on the case.

Number Twenty Nine

Number Twenty Nine
Veteran
Veteran

And then the collected walruses could be given to Ottawa sick kids hospital

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Number Twenty Nine wrote:And then the collected walruses could be given to Ottawa sick kids hospital
you'd have to have some pretty strong fans to chuck walruses unto the ice.
that's pretty fatty meat if you ask me maybe they could use the burned down oil to power the Big Rig pub fryers. "another order of Pmac fries!" Sarcasm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Just. Win.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:
There is speculation Jason Spezza will be back for the potentially pivotal game 3 on Sunday.

The Ottawa centre has been out so long MacLean may have forgotten Spezza’s number.

That's impossible, he hasn't practiced with the team at all, didn't even make the trip to Montreal.

Michallica wrote:I actually think Regin should draw back in. Conacher seems gassed, and kassian isn't a suitable replacement. Enter Regin

Regin is awful. If we see anyone new it'll be someone from the Black Aces.

Stone(PMac put him in before when our offence was awful), Prince or Hoffman if he is OK to play.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

shabbs wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:They should do that, but our marketing department isn't smart enough.
Evan is on the case.

Intern Evan?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Flo The Action wrote:
Number Twenty Nine wrote:And then the collected walruses could be given to Ottawa sick kids hospital
you'd have to have some pretty strong fans to chuck walruses unto the ice.
that's pretty fatty meat if you ask me maybe they could use the burned down oil to power the Big Rig pub fryers. "another order of Pmac fries!" Sarcasm

Haven't the 67s been doing this with teddy bears for a few years? And this year they were in the SBP, so it's doable (let the fans come up closer). Or am I thinking of the B-Sens?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Hoags wrote:
wprager wrote:

That's impossible, he hasn't practiced with the team at all, didn't even make the trip to Montreal.

Michallica wrote:I actually think Regin should draw back in. Conacher seems gassed, and kassian isn't a suitable replacement. Enter Regin

Regin is awful. If we see anyone new it'll be someone from the Black Aces.

Stone(PMac put him in before when our offence was awful), Prince or Hoffman if he is OK to play.

Hoffman was skating by himself or with Spezza; in other words, not ready.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 14]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 14  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum