GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ NYI - 3:00pm ET - Sunday March 3rd, 2013

+10
LeCaptain
SeawaySensFan
Cap'n Clutch
Hockeyhero22000
Hoags
NEELY
wprager
PTFlea
shabbs
SensHulk
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 8]

LeCaptain

All-Star
All-Star

SeawaySensFan wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:More driving to the net needed than today's game. This team can't score with pretty plays, it needs to get some dirty, greasy goals - especially against Nabokov or whoever they have in there.

They also need to hit the Cussing net.

SOLD!!

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Make it so.

LeCaptain

All-Star
All-Star

I cant stand Chris Philips anymore. Needs someone with more personnality and emotion.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

and his restaurant is meh

NEELY

Mod
Mod

I agree with the comment on his restaurant. I went there for a road game and they refused to put the sound on in the restaurant... just at the bar. Price of the food was worth the experience.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

LeKing wrote:I cant stand Chris Philips anymore. Needs someone with more personnality and emotion.

This is his last multi year, multi million dollar deal so I wouldn't be too worried. He's quickly becoming the sens #6 D man but there's value to having a guy like that around the organization if for nothing else experience and a desire to be in Ottawa.

You look around the league and you have teams like Columbus, NYI, and Edmonton who have no one really that wants to stick around that team or be part of the city. Alfi, Phillips, Karlsson, and I think Spezza all have those qualities which do improve a team away from the ice.

Phillips is what he is at this point, a solid #6 guy who can move up in the lineup if need be... don't think there is anything wrong with that either.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

To be honest that was a knee jerk reaction on my part for yesterday's performance but wtv...
I just think for us to become an elite team we need more "intense" leadership and we don't have much. What Alfie, Philips, Spezza etc bring is more than valuable, but we also need the opposite. A Chris Neil type who is a better player. We have a few of those character-wise but they also need to show it on the scoresheet.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

LeKing wrote:I cant stand Chris Philips anymore. Needs someone with more personnality and emotion.

I think there's some medical reason why he can't fight.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

I do think they need to add a leader who plays that physical knock em down kind of game but I also think that guys name is Mark Methot. Noesen is a guy that is coming as well... Neil obviously and I think Gryba will eventually carve out that role for him a bit. Cowen is no slouch either and Smith should provide that as well but I am a little disappointed with in that regard.

I have those knee jerk reactions as well, especially after a game where we get pushed around but the dumbest thing the Sens could do right now is do anything other than roll with what they have and just try and keep their heads above water. Most nights you get that honest, hard working effort.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

At the end of the day it comes down to this: we are still waiting for our prospects to become NHL-ers.
That being said I still think we need to draft smaller tough fast guys. Brad Marchand, Brendan Gallagher someone like that.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

LeKing wrote:At the end of the day it comes down to this: we are still waiting for our prospects to become NHL-ers.
That being said I still think we need to draft smaller tough fast guys. Brad Marchand, Brendan Gallagher someone like that.

Yup, guys that don't give a f***. Noesen is about it right now, DD is pretty solid too though and IMO won't be going anywhere hear on out, he's been really good every single game and is becoming a staple on that 4th line.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Mendes: MacLean says Lehner will start in goal. Andre Benoit comes back in for Lundin.

https://twitter.com/ian_mendes/status/308275695941992449

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Via NY Islanders:

"Coach announces Nabby will start in net today. Same D-pairs. #Isles"

https://twitter.com/NYIslanders/status/308276122863411201

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Looking forward to seeing Lehner again. First win was against the Islanders if I remember correctly. Solidness.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Also via NY Islanders: "No word on whether Tavares will play yet. Game time decision. "

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Tavares not being in the lineuo would be huge for the Sens. Not like they are going to take any team lightly at this point, that's for sure.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Doesn't sound like Tavares is going to be playing.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Was he injured? What's the deal? Flu?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum