GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Pittsburgh Penguins - 7:00pm ET - Wed. Feb. 13th, 2013

+17
SensHulk
Hobiesens
Hoags
spader
Hockeyhero22000
Bramlet07
Ev
Cap'n Clutch
asq2
LeCaptain
SeawaySensFan
wprager
PTFlea
tim1_2
NEELY
Flo The Action
shabbs
21 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 12 ... 22  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 22]

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

shabbs wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:I hesitate to state the obvious, but how would Don Brennan know?
Presser.

More from the douche:

"Marc-Andre Fleury starts in goal for Penguins #nhl #sens"

"Bylsma only is saying Letang and Niskanen are getting closer to returning. Game time decision. #nhl #sens"

So they might play is what he's backtracked to.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

tim1_2 wrote:I hate awards talk this early in a season. So many things can happen.

We don't need him to win the Norris every year to validate to ourselves how great he is, anyways. When you take into account we have numpties like Damien Cox participating in the voting…well

Winning 2 Norris in a row is beyond special. Look at the players that have done it and all of them are all time greats. Once people have that much respect for Karlsson he becomes a player that gets every little benefit of the doubt and more ice than he already is given by other teams.

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Optional skate for the Sens today... will need to wait for PMac's presser to see what the deal is.

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

Letang can put up highlights like Karlsson but he doesn't have the intelligence or vision to be on the same offensive level. Real talk: Karlsson was tied with Malkin in assists last season. This year he has 4 in 13 games. That's on our forwards, not him. EK would make beautiful, beautiful music playing with a forward like Crosby, Malkin, Datsyuk etc.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

asq2 wrote:Letang can put up highlights like Karlsson but he doesn't have the intelligence or vision to be on the same offensive level. Real talk: Karlsson was tied with Malkin in assists last season. This year he has 4 in 13 games. That's on our forwards, not him. EK would make beautiful, beautiful music playing with a forward like Crosby, Malkin, Datsyuk etc.

Perfect example was last night when Alfi just plain missed the net on a set up from EK. The fact he's leading in goals is good enough, the assists are an extension of the team in front of him, literally.

Letang isn't in the same relm as Karlsson, no one is right now.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Absolutely an extension of not having Spezza and not having a confident Michalek or a forward who can bury the puck. He'd be leading easily if he did.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Any chance DaCosta breaches the 7:00 TOI mark tonight?!?!? If not, send him the hell back to Bingo.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:Any chance DaCosta breaches the 7:00 TOI mark tonight?!?!? If not, send him the hell back to Bingo.

I agree and disagree. Mac has him in practice don't forget, that's better than being in the AHL for Da Costa who needs to learn the ins and outs of the NHL. That said, I agree, the TOI should be higher, particularly on the PP.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Per Scanlan:

Benoit in and Wiercioch out on Sens D vs Pitt.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

tim1_2 wrote:Per Scanlan:

Benoit in and Wiercioch out on Sens D vs Pitt.

Fair enough, gotta keep them both hungry.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Probably the right move. Get Benoit in as he may provide a little more on the defensive side which they may need tonight.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Also via Scanlan: Anderson in goal, of course. #Sens

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

LeKing wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:It's not close at all. Watching Enstrom in Winnipeg, he's a force on the PP, especially when Buff in in the lineup, but he's absolutely not even close to what Karlsson is overall. Not in the same ballpark. Markov is a nice player, but the same applies. There's no one who's in Karlsson's ballpark right now IMO.

I've always considered Enstrom to be Karlsson-lite. Pierre "Penguins Mancrush" McGuire thinks Letang is like Karlsson but more physical. So, I guess, better than Karlsson Farter

Yeah, Letang is really, really good. Not sure he can bring the offense as consistently as Karlsson, but I guess it's close enough.

The thing that differentiates them is Karlsson is the best in the NHL at getting pucks through, Letang not so much

FIXED :D MJ

- Unknown Author

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SpezDispenser wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:It's not close at all. Watching Enstrom in Winnipeg, he's a force on the PP, especially when Buff in in the lineup, but he's absolutely not even close to what Karlsson is overall. Not in the same ballpark. Markov is a nice player, but the same applies. There's no one who's in Karlsson's ballpark right now IMO.

I've always considered Enstrom to be Karlsson-lite. Pierre "Penguins Mancrush" McGuire thinks Letang is like Karlsson but more physical. So, I guess, better than Karlsson Farter

Yeah, Letang is really, really good. Not sure he can bring the offense as consistently as Karlsson, but I guess it's close enough.

Letang's offensive output is largely due to Crosby and Malkin. If Karlsson played with those two he could very well lead the *league* in scoring.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

Letang's offensive output is largely due to Crosby and Malkin. If Karlsson played with those two he could very well lead the *league* in scoring.

Maybe, but Letang's obviously underrated here.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

Stop posting when you obviously don't watch the team in question. You said Crosby wasn't as relentless and aggressive as before for christ sake. Letang is not as good as Karlsson but plays a similar style, more edge though.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Whoa! What does my take on Crosby's aggressiveness have to do with how Letang is benefiting from playing behind the two top centers in the world? Even if he's not as aggressive as before, Crosby is better than any of our centers. Same for Malkin. If you don't think Karlsson would put up better numbers playing on the Pens then I don't know what to say.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Niskanen and Letang activated from the IR. Head-to-head, Letang vs. Karlsson.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 22]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 12 ... 22  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum