GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Pittsburgh Penguins - 7:00pm ET - Wed. Feb. 13th, 2013

+17
SensHulk
Hobiesens
Hoags
spader
Hockeyhero22000
Bramlet07
Ev
Cap'n Clutch
asq2
LeCaptain
SeawaySensFan
wprager
PTFlea
tim1_2
NEELY
Flo The Action
shabbs
21 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12 ... 22  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 22]

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:
wprager wrote:Looking at Karlsson's numbers, he leads the league in SOG and leads his team in +/-. The Sens, especially the last 5-6 games have had trouble finishing. Karlsson could easily have a half dozen more assists just in those last few games. He is second on the team in scoring as it is.

If the forwards could finish off with any consistency Karlsson would be leading D men in overalls coring and not just goals. The guy is the Norris trophy runaway right now. It's not even close.

Hands of Stone Condra seems to get all the chances too. You can't get goals that way.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Condra has been awesome. Silfverberg will start to score soon, you don't get that many chances and not scoring without a lot of bad luck. Michalek seemed to have found an extra gear in the second last night and was pretty solid after that.

They just need to keep putting the puck to the net and good things will happen.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

It's not close at all. Watching Enstrom in Winnipeg, he's a force on the PP, especially when Buff in in the lineup, but he's absolutely not even close to what Karlsson is overall. Not in the same ballpark. Markov is a nice player, but the same applies. There's no one who's in Karlsson's ballpark right now IMO.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:It's not close at all. Watching Enstrom in Winnipeg, he's a force on the PP, especially when Buff in in the lineup, but he's absolutely not even close to what Karlsson is overall. Not in the same ballpark. Markov is a nice player, but the same applies. There's no one who's in Karlsson's ballpark right now IMO.

I've always considered Enstrom to be Karlsson-lite. Pierre "Penguins Mancrush" McGuire thinks Letang is like Karlsson but more physical. So, I guess, better than Karlsson Farter

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:It's not close at all. Watching Enstrom in Winnipeg, he's a force on the PP, especially when Buff in in the lineup, but he's absolutely not even close to what Karlsson is overall. Not in the same ballpark. Markov is a nice player, but the same applies. There's no one who's in Karlsson's ballpark right now IMO.

I've always considered Enstrom to be Karlsson-lite. Pierre "Penguins Mancrush" McGuire thinks Letang is like Karlsson but more physical. So, I guess, better than Karlsson Farter

Yeah, Letang is really, really good. Not sure he can bring the offense as consistently as Karlsson, but I guess it's close enough.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Karlsson is the best, that is all. His agility and speed coupled with his hockey sense (eg: stepping up to intercept passes seemingly before the pass even happens) and his vision/playmaking ability are ridiculous.

Yeah, Letang is really really good. But also, Letang plays with the two best forwards in the league and can't put up the same numbers as Karlsson. Letang does hit more, but ask any GM in the league, and they'd take Karlsson over Letang.

Last edited by tim1_2 on Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:04 am; edited 1 time in total

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Norris talk
http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=655400&navid=nhl:topheads

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

Yeah, Letang is really, really good. Not sure he can bring the offense as consistently as Karlsson, but I guess it's close enough.

The thing that differentiate them is Karlsson is the best in the NHL at getting pucks through, Letang not so much

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

LeKing wrote:Norris talk
http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=655400&navid=nhl:topheads

Very nice!

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Beers. On. Ice.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

It's not even close right now. Karlsson is so far ahead of everyone else it is laughable. Another Norris will slot him in as one of the all time great NHL D men and before he's 25. It's stupid at this point.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Don "the Douche" Brennan:

"Pittsburgh D Kris Letang is expected to return from lower body injury tonight. Good news for Pens, bad news for Sens #nhl #sens"

https://twitter.com/SunDoniB/status/301727921335312384

Bah.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I hesitate to state the obvious, but how would Don Brennan know?

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I hate awards talk this early in a season. So many things can happen.

We don't need him to win the Norris every year to validate to ourselves how great he is, anyways. When you take into account we have numpties like Damien Cox participating in the voting…well

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

SpezDispenser wrote:I hesitate to state the obvious, but how would Don Brennan know?
Presser.

More from the douche:

"Marc-Andre Fleury starts in goal for Penguins #nhl #sens"

"Bylsma only is saying Letang and Niskanen are getting closer to returning. Game time decision. #nhl #sens"

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

shabbs wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:I hesitate to state the obvious, but how would Don Brennan know?
Presser.

More from the douche:

"Marc-Andre Fleury starts in goal for Penguins #nhl #sens"

"Bylsma only is saying Letang and Niskanen are getting closer to returning. Game time decision. #nhl #sens"

So they might play is what he's backtracked to.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

tim1_2 wrote:I hate awards talk this early in a season. So many things can happen.

We don't need him to win the Norris every year to validate to ourselves how great he is, anyways. When you take into account we have numpties like Damien Cox participating in the voting…well

Winning 2 Norris in a row is beyond special. Look at the players that have done it and all of them are all time greats. Once people have that much respect for Karlsson he becomes a player that gets every little benefit of the doubt and more ice than he already is given by other teams.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Optional skate for the Sens today... will need to wait for PMac's presser to see what the deal is.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 22]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12 ... 22  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum