GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Pittsburgh Penguins - 3:00pm ET - Sat. March 14th, 2009

+17
PKC
Mariposa Belle
Sp00nz
Hayden
LethalLehner
wprager
Hockeyhero22000
The Silfer Server
PTFlea
Nasty Nas
caissie_1
beedub
asq2
davetherave
Riprock
SensFan71
shabbs
21 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 9]

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

The Sens are starting to realize their role as spoilers and will no doubt play their hearts out to close out the season and prepare for next season. Oddly enough, quite a few of the bottom feeders have been playing quite well of late and could make for a tight race to finish the season. The Sens mounted what looked to be a nice come back in Boston, but fell short. Lack of a 60-min effort was their downfall. The Penguins are battling to remain in a playoff position. The bottom of the East is as tight as it comes with two points separating 5th from 8th. Florida and Buffalo are on the outside looking in, and not too far away.

Starting goalies as per: http://goaliepost.com/
- Ottawa: Elliott (likely)
- Pittsburgh: Garon (likely)

TSN's Ice Chips: http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/feature/?fid=11009

Ottawa Senators:

Pittsburgh Penguins:
Petr Sykora (upper-body injury) missed a third consecutive game last night. He did participate in a longer-than-usual morning skate session and is optimistic of playing Saturday against Ottawa. - Tribune Review

Game Day Notes from the Ottawa Sun: http://www.ottawasun.com/Sports/Senators/2009/03/14/8744791-sun.html

BLACK AND BLUE REPORT

SENATORS: C Pascal Leclaire (ankle), out for season; D Jason Smith (knee), out indefinitely; D Alexandre Picard (knee), likely out for season; C Cody Bass (shoulder surgery), out for season.

PENGUINS: RW Petr Sykora (shoulder), is expected to return today; D Philippe Boucher (foot), two weeks; C Mike Zigomanis (shoulder), out for season.

NOTEWORTHY

BOSTON -- Senators RW Chris Neil felt fine after his first game back from missing 15 with a lacerated calf, but he'll now have to deal with another laceration when he goes up against the Penguins today. Neil cut a knuckle on his right hand when he connected with one of Milan Lucic's teeth in his first-period fight with the Bruin ... Mathieu Garon will start in goal for the Penguins. He has appeared in only two games, and made just one start, since being acquired from Edmonton Jan. 17. In the start, he gave up five goals on 26 Toronto shots ... Garon was the losing goalie when the Senators beat the Oilers 3-2 in Edmonton Dec. 30, which means he was also the victim of D Brian Lee's first NHL goal, which was the winner ... The Penguins are 8-1-1 in their last 10.

ESPN's Stats Comparison:

GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Pittsburgh Penguins - 3:00pm ET - Sat. March 14th, 2009 Senspens

Recent Transactions:
- Ottawa: Assigned center Peter Regin to Binghamton (AHL).
- Pittsburgh: No recent activity.

Game is on: CBC, FSN-P (HD)

GO SENS GO!!!

Last edited by shabbs on Sat Mar 14, 2009 10:14 am; edited 1 time in total

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

I am torn on this one, so here's hoping for a solid game by Elliott, but if we lose like 2-1 or 3-2 in regulation, I won't be upset, I would like nothing more than to beat Sid the Kid's team, but well, wins can't be afforded right now if we want to nab a good pick. So basically be competitive, but lose in regulation. (it's really hard to say that)

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

shabbs wrote:Game Day Notes from the Ottawa Sun: http://www.ottawasun.com/Sports/Senators/2009/03/14/8744791-sun.html

BLACK AND BLUE REPORT

SENATORS: C Pascal Leclaire (ankle), out for season; D Jason Smith (knee), out indefinitely; D Alexandre Picard (knee), likely out for season; C Cody Bass (shoulder surgery), out for season.

Those writers at the Citizen sure are edumacated.

First post as a 25 year old!! Damn, I'm old. A win can be my birthday present.

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

The Pens need the points and they are red hot. Plus a win by The Pingu Posse pushes the Habs towards the brink.

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

davetherave wrote:The Pens need the points and they are red hot. Plus a win by The Pingu Posse pushes the Habs towards the brink.

and am certain that Brodeur is going to play a gem on hockey night in canada in montreal, so anything to knock montreal down a notch, I am all for since our season is just about the draft pick now.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

davetherave wrote:The Pens need the points and they are red hot. Plus a win by The Pingu Posse pushes the Habs towards the brink.
HA HA! Amen to that... sigh... feels so strange to be in this situation with us on the outside...

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Dash wrote:
shabbs wrote:Game Day Notes from the Ottawa Sun: http://www.ottawasun.com/Sports/Senators/2009/03/14/8744791-sun.html

BLACK AND BLUE REPORT

Nice catch - didn't even notice that...

Happy Birthday man!

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

Dash wrote:

BLACK AND BLUE REPORT

happy birthday, would send you a beer, but it would be pretty disgusting by the time it got to you.

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

Dash wrote:

BLACK AND BLUE REPORT

Happy B-Day, Dash...try shots of Jagermeister and Geritol today if you feel the years creeping up LOL.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Thanks guys. Actually, I think drafting Duchene would be the best birthday gift lol. Go Pens.... barely. 3-2 win?

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

Dash wrote:Thanks guys. Actually, I think drafting Duchene would be the best birthday gift lol. Go Pens.... barely. 3-2 win?

I can definitely live with Duchene, 3-2 loss to the pingu squad is okay with me, as long as Malkin scores the winner, not sid the whiner.

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

Go Geno GO

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

Dash wrote:Thanks guys. Actually, I think drafting Duchene would be the best birthday gift lol. Go Pens.... barely. 3-2 win?

Definitely agreed. Would be a nice belated gift.

We seem to play well against the Pens, though.

Can Malkin reach the 100 point plateau today?

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

asq2 wrote:

If it was Auld, yes, but I believe Elliott is starting, so it will be harder for Geno to get to 100. if he does, it would be his 2nd in a row, am I right in saying that?

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

SensFan71 wrote:
asq2 wrote:

If it was Auld, yes, but I believe Elliott is starting, so it will be harder for Geno to get to 100. if he does, it would be his 2nd in a row, am I right in saying that?

Yup. 106 points last year. Looking more at around 115 this year. With Gonchar back, though, he actually appears to be slowing down a little, because he was thriving at Gonchar's spot on the point. Look for around 110 points, methinks.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 9]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum