GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+20
Cap'n Clutch
Hockeyhero22000
Number Twenty Nine
dennycrane
tim1_2
spader
Oglethorpe
SensHulk
Hobiesens
Bramlet07
Ev
SeawaySensFan
Hoags
Flo The Action
shabbs
wprager
NEELY
LeCaptain
PTFlea
sandysensfan
24 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 34 ... 64, 65, 66, 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 65 of 67]

961Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 65 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:50 pm

SensHulk

All-Star
All-Star

Would be nice if Owen sound gets eliminated fast so ceci gets some bingo experience

962Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 65 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:53 pm

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Cody Ceci is the worst draft pick by the Murrays during their tenure

963Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 65 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:01 pm

SensHulk

All-Star
All-Star

Ev wrote:Cody Ceci is the worst draft pick by the Murrays during their tenure

Harsh. Some would say Zibanejad might be the worst if we're considering first rounders...not you though Laugh1

They needed a dman after trading rundblad and I'm quite content we chose ceci. Who else was there? Olli maata?

964Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 65 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:13 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

There wasn't much else TBH, but Tom Wilson will have a bigger impact in the NHL, and the Sens were high on him. Scary female parental unit diddler. This team needs some edge. Not that you draft on current need. I also prefer Tomas Hertl.

I don't care for Maatta or any other d-man though. Just never been a Ceci fan.

965Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 65 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:22 pm

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

NEELY wrote:ROR is going East for sure, I don't think anyone is questioning that. Anyways, we'll see but Ottawa needs ROR and I would imagine a young player like that who would have a huge roll would welcome the Sens organization.

http://legrandclub.rds.ca/profils/608456/posts/155241/public

Asking price is draft pick or young prospect + young player

Lavoie mentions Rangers, Laffs and Flyers. Colorado apparently asked for Couturier and were told Fingers

966Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 65 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:19 am

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Yup, I would too. If the Sens are projecting Zibanejad to be as good or better than O'Reilly though then why would they make that trade? We'll see because the other side of the trade is the team who gets him takes a major cap it and that factors in.

As for Ceci, no idea where he is projected to be but if it's as a servicable all around D man to play behind Karlsson then it's a good pick.

967Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 65 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:46 am

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

NEELY wrote:Yup, I would too. If the Sens are projecting Zibanejad to be as good or better than O'Reilly though then why would they make that trade? We'll see because the other side of the trade is the team who gets him takes a major cap it and that factors in.

Depends if Murray would be allowed to take on RoR's salary in a year where we are not making the playoffs. Brassard was too much for them last year apparently.

968Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 65 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:55 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Hoags wrote:
NEELY wrote:Yup, I would too. If the Sens are projecting Zibanejad to be as good or better than O'Reilly though then why would they make that trade? We'll see because the other side of the trade is the team who gets him takes a major cap it and that factors in.

Depends if Murray would be allowed to take on RoR's salary in a year where we are not making the playoffs. Brassard was too much for them last year apparently.

That's a valid point. And tickets are going to be a REAL tough sell for the remainder of the season.

969Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 65 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:23 am

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Yup they are. Hopefully salary isn't getting in the way or Murray building a strong contender because it's pretty pointless to just hope and pray everything works out because 99% of the time it doesn't.

970Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 65 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:05 am

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

tim1_2 wrote:

That's a valid point. And tickets are going to be a REAL tough sell for the remainder of the season.

I think Melnyk's anger against the Penguins and Cooke is at least partially due to these concerns. We depend a lot on walkups who now have less reasons to go.

971Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 65 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:10 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

It's like Cooke kicked Melnyk directly in the wallet.

972Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 65 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:11 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Hoags wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:

I think Melnyk's anger against the Penguins and Cooke is at least partially due to these concerns. We depend a lot on walkups who now have less reasons to go.

It would have to be about the money for sure when it comes to The Gene.

But seriously, I'm sure he understands that this is a business where you have to spend a little to make a little. I'm hoping for an acquisition or two.

973Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 65 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:12 am

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Well if they go out and make a trade for ROR that will at least bring some income in for the rest of this season and he might be a guy good enough to keep the Sens heads above water until Spezza gets back.

IMO everything over the next little bit will be revolving around ROR in Ottawa. Hopefully Sherman pulls the trigger soon because Colorado's season may go off the rails.

974Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 65 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:15 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:Well if they go out and make a trade for ROR that will at least bring some income in for the rest of this season and he might be a guy good enough to keep the Sens heads above water until Spezza gets back.

IMO everything over the next little bit will be revolving around ROR in Ottawa. Hopefully Sherman pulls the trigger soon because Colorado's season may go off the rails.

I think they may force us to take PAP too.

975Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 65 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:16 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:
Hoags wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:

It would have to be about the money for sure when it comes to The Gene.

But seriously, I'm sure he understands that this is a business where you have to spend a little to make a little. I'm hoping for an acquisition or two.

That's the thing in my opinion.

976Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 65 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:22 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

There's no doubt Murray is trying to make trades...but he's not going to do something short-sighted.

977Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 65 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:38 am

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Nope, no reason to do something that puts the future of the franchise in trouble. Zibanejad for ROR is a wash at worst, throwing Weircioch in there is a "meh" move in terms of the Sens overall depth on the blueline. A pick, w/e, it's just a pick if it isn't a 1st rounder.

978Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 65 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:46 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

NEELY wrote:Nope, no reason to do something that puts the future of the franchise in trouble. Zibanejad for ROR is a wash at worst, throwing Weircioch in there is a "meh" move in terms of the Sens overall depth on the blueline. A pick, w/e, it's just a pick if it isn't a 1st rounder.

Wiercioch is not a "meh". He is a RHS-PMD. In a few years he'll put on some "man-weight" and will be very valuable.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 65 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 34 ... 64, 65, 66, 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum