GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY: Pittsburgh Penguins @ Ottawa Senators - 5:00pm - Sun. Jan. 27th, 2013

+12
Hobiesens
dennycrane
Bramlet07
Hoags
SeawaySensFan
Flo The Action
PTFlea
sandysensfan
LeCaptain
NEELY
wprager
shabbs
16 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down  Message [Page 7 of 8]

Cap'n Clutch

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Ev wrote:This team doesn't need Alfredsson anymore. There I said it. Let the hate begin...

You MAY be right but, he sure still makes this team better. I sure hope we don't need him because we're not gonna have him around much longer.

LeCaptain

All-Star
All-Star

NEELY wrote:Karlsson is top 5 in the world. No one could convince me otherwise.

WOuldn't trade him for anybody right now.

This team is good. We need more skill which will come when the kids are ready, but overall we're in better position than most teams going forward.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

LeKid wrote:
NEELY wrote:Karlsson is top 5 in the world. No one could convince me otherwise.

WOuldn't trade him for anybody right now.

This team is good. We need more skill which will come when the kids are ready, but overall we're in better position than most teams going forward.

I was thinking about that during the game and wondering how long until someone like Silf starts scoring consistently. I was also day dreaming at how nice it would have been to have Nash on Spezza's wing - although I hated the price IIRC.

sandysensfan

Veteran
Veteran

Benoit is older than Weircioch and has a year of pro hockey in the KHL...

Weircioch will be okay in the future. He has the size... just has to learn how to use it. Maybe could have used him on the PP tonight.

Not to make excuses but the Sens looked tired.. especially Karlsson at the end of the 3rd period.

3 games in 4 nights... Wash will be 4 games in 6 nights and Mtl.. 5 games in 7 nights.. That must be rough.. especially at the beginning of the season with quite a few of these guys not yet fully in game shape...

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I should clarify that I see a lot of good things in Weircioch but he can't handle things in his own zone at this level IMO. Not yet.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Diddle that cat

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

What did the cat do?

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Next game needs to be a beat down... Caps need to go down in flames...

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:What did the cat do?

i dunno, I think you just need an avatar change Wink

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Yeah maybe.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I need a cool pictures then...really cool.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

GAME DAY: Pittsburgh Penguins @ Ottawa Senators - 5:00pm - Sun. Jan. 27th, 2013 - Page 7 A9d

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I'll probably do a Sens theme this time:)

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

2nd game and Borocop is already targeted by opposing teams. I like it.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

LeKid wrote:2nd game and Borocop is already targeted by opposing teams. I like it.

Yup, teams already hate playing against the kid and that's more valuable than any offense a guy like Weircoich or Benoit might bring for the simple fact the best offensive D man in the world is on the ice 30 mins a game each night.

Spezza and especially Michalek have to do a lot more with 20 plus mins of ice than they have been. It's good they are playing a 200 foot game for the most part but you are starting to see lazy and bad habits sneak back into Spezza's game which needs to be nipped in the bud. They have both been under whelming offensively to say the least thus far and need to get going for this team to have continued success.

Hopefully the flu bug doesn't hit the team too hard, hopefully a lot of them got it when the season was put on hold but I guess we'll see. It's good they are at home this week and they can just take it easy and get rested. Starting 3 on 4 on the road and winning 2 is exactly what the Sens needed to do to be successful this season because it's going to be a tough sled.

Latendresse I thought had a solid game back, hopefully he can find his wind soon. Smith didn't have his greatest game nor did Neil, they are allowed to have off nights though, it happens.

Anderson was a stud again, best goaltender int he NHL through the first week.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Anderson leads the league with 0.74 GAA and .975 SV% through 4 games. The Bald Wonder. Now, who's going to step up and be Batman?

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

wprager wrote:Anderson leads the league with 0.74 GAA and .975 SV% through 4 games. The Bald Wonder. Now, who's going to step up and be Batman?
Respect.

GAME DAY: Pittsburgh Penguins @ Ottawa Senators - 5:00pm - Sun. Jan. 27th, 2013 - Page 7 Andersont

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Just keep him away from chickens.

You know, they should sell rubber chickens at the Sensations store at the Bank, so that whenever he gets a shutout or is named the first start they can throw chickens on the ice.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 7 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum