GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY: Pittsburgh Penguins @ Ottawa Senators - 5:00pm - Sun. Jan. 27th, 2013

+12
Hobiesens
dennycrane
Bramlet07
Hoags
SeawaySensFan
Flo The Action
PTFlea
sandysensfan
LeCaptain
NEELY
wprager
shabbs
16 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down  Message [Page 6 of 8]

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Meh, w/e, take the point, take tomorrow and most of Tuesday to rest up, pretty solid effort.

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Man I hate the shootout.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Borowiecki and Benoit are NHL D-men. I'm even more convinced about Benoit now than I am any of the other AHL guys.

I see what people are saying about Silf being a step behind, but he's clearly NHL caliber. Give him time and when he 100% catches up to the play, those are goals.

And Anderson...wow....again.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

SpezDispenser wrote:Borowiecki and Benoit are NHL D-men. I'm even more convinced about Benoit now than I am any of the other AHL guys.

I see what people are saying about Silf being a step behind, but he's clearly NHL caliber. Give him time and when he 100% catches up to the play, those are goals.

Maybe a #7 guy but that's it. Boroweicki is beyond solid, plays an NHL type game.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Silf struggled and looked a bit behind... but he's coming along.. he'll get there.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Guys could be sick as well if the flu is going around as well. If you said before the game that the flu is going around the room and they would get a point, would have taken it for sure.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Yeah... hopefully it's not... PMac said he expects Alfie back next game.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

NEELY wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:Borowiecki and Benoit are NHL D-men. I'm even more convinced about Benoit now than I am any of the other AHL guys.

Maybe a #7 guy but that's it. Boroweicki is beyond solid, plays an NHL type game.

Boroweicki looks like we all expected - a friggin tank who can skate - he should be staying here, but I think you're selling Benoit short personally. Nice instincts now that he's settled down, excellent positionally - including blocking a ton of shots - and great offensive upside.

Really impressed with both personally.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

NEELY wrote:Guys could be sick as well if the flu is going around as well. If you said before the game that the flu is going around the room and they would get a point, would have taken it for sure.

Karlsson looked drained. I think he's got something.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

SpezDispenser wrote:
NEELY wrote:

Boroweicki looks like we all expected - a friggin tank who can skate - he should be staying here, but I think you're selling Benoit short personally. Nice instincts now that he's settled down, excellent positionally - including blocking a ton of shots - and great offensive upside.

Benoit is "just". He's just an inch too short, he's just a pound too light, he's just a step to slow, and he's just a step too slow. He's good enough to do spot work for sure but he's a #7 guy, that's it. Right now he's playing well and not making mistakes. He's out there to just not get scored on, other guys bring a little something else be it physical play, offense, or speed.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

This team doesn't need Alfredsson anymore. There I said it. Let the hate begin...

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

NEELY wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
NEELY wrote:

Benoit is "just". He's just an inch too short, he's just a pound too light, he's just a step to slow, and he's just a step too slow. He's good enough to do spot work for sure but he's a #7 guy, that's it. Right now he's playing well and not making mistakes. He's out there to just not get scored on, other guys bring a little something else be it physical play, offense, or speed.

The only guy other than Boroweicki who might bring a similar game - potentially with less offense is Gryba. So...IMO Benoit is 'just' that much better than Wiercioch. Smile

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Ev wrote:This team doesn't need Alfredsson anymore. There I said it. Let the hate begin...

Could have used his offense tonight though.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Impressed with Daugavins as well.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

Ev wrote:This team doesn't need Alfredsson anymore. There I said it. Let the hate begin...

Alfie is clutch, no one on the team has that except maybe EK.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

You MAY be right but, he sure still makes this team better. I sure hope we don't need him because we're not gonna have him around much longer.

- Unknown Author

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

NEELY wrote:Karlsson is top 5 in the world. No one could convince me otherwise.

WOuldn't trade him for anybody right now.

This team is good. We need more skill which will come when the kids are ready, but overall we're in better position than most teams going forward.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

LeKid wrote:
NEELY wrote:Karlsson is top 5 in the world. No one could convince me otherwise.

WOuldn't trade him for anybody right now.

This team is good. We need more skill which will come when the kids are ready, but overall we're in better position than most teams going forward.

I was thinking about that during the game and wondering how long until someone like Silf starts scoring consistently. I was also day dreaming at how nice it would have been to have Nash on Spezza's wing - although I hated the price IIRC.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum