GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

NHL CBA Talk

+14
Cap'n Clutch
PTFlea
rooneypoo
LeCaptain
tim1_2
Ev
spader
sandysensfan
Hoags
NEELY
wprager
shabbs
SeawaySensFan
TheAvatar
18 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 34 ... 65, 66, 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 66 of 67]

976NHL CBA Talk - Page 66 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:31 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

tim1_2 wrote:What's going to be real interesting is seeing how the guys who have been playing stack up against those who haven't. Prime example is Lehner vs. Matrix . It's hard to imagine that Lehner won't have the edge, at least initially.

As Neely mentioned elsewhere, Wiercioch has gotta pretty much be a lock for opening night.

Lehner will play out the string in Bingo, no question about it if they come back IMO. Bishop will get his games in to retain his UFA status and let Anderson get going gradually, not be forced to be playing 100% right off the bat. Ottawa is lucky in this sense.

Wiercoich is going to be getting prime ice in the NHL right off the hop for sure.

977NHL CBA Talk - Page 66 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:34 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Beat me to it Neely. People seem to forget about Bishop. Unless Anderson is completely unplayable then it will be Bishop and Anderson in the NHL for sure.

Glad to here the talk about Weircioch too.

978NHL CBA Talk - Page 66 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:42 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

They better be starting Bishop on opening night because he will be maybe the only goalie in the East who is of NHL caliber and in mid season form. I get why everyone loves Anderson and he's earned the right to call himself the true #1 in Ottawa at the moment but being off for 8 months as a goaltender... it isn't easy to bounce back to where you were.

You also want to keep him as a UFA.

Either way, Ottawa is going to be flying right off the bat with the exception of Alfi and Phillips.

979NHL CBA Talk - Page 66 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:46 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

With the focus quite possibly being on actually winning games, is it so hard to believe that Lehner might actually play some games in the early going for Ottawa while Matrix gets back up to speed?

With a 48 game schedule, you don't really have much room for shaking off the rust.

980NHL CBA Talk - Page 66 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:49 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

tim1_2 wrote:With the focus quite possibly being on actually winning games, is it so hard to believe that Lehner might actually play some games in the early going for Ottawa while Matrix gets back up to speed?

With a 48 game schedule, you don't really have much room for shaking off the rust.

Bishop is ready to go and is fully capable.

981NHL CBA Talk - Page 66 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:50 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

There's talk of adding 4 more teams to the playoffs. 2 in each Conf. Not sure if this is just for the shortened season or permanently. Something for the fans?

982NHL CBA Talk - Page 66 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:51 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Millard and Scott Morrison on HC@Noon today both feel the NHLPA will file their DOI tonight. Doug MacLean does not.

Interesting.

We'll find out at midnight tonight...

983NHL CBA Talk - Page 66 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:56 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Has MacLean ever been right about anything?

Also, 4 more playoff teams? It's stupid. Leave it, it's fine, over 1/2 the leagues gets in now, maybe the playoffs should be left as somewhat of a reward for a solid regular season? Hope they don't do that but it's been talked about before anyways.

984NHL CBA Talk - Page 66 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:01 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I think the playoff system is fine, as-is.

If you add two teams per conference to the playoffs, then wouldn't you wind up with some odd-ball format? After the 1st round you'd have five teams left from each conference, which doesn't compute in my brain.

985NHL CBA Talk - Page 66 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:04 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:I think the playoff system is fine, as-is.

If you add two teams per conference to the playoffs, then wouldn't you wind up with some odd-ball format? After the 1st round you'd have five teams left from each conference, which doesn't compute in my brain.

I believe Pierre McGuire has proposed a bye for the Wings and Pens in the first round since they are Cup favourites every year anyway. Details to follow.

986NHL CBA Talk - Page 66 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:36 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

wprager wrote:
shabbs wrote:Via Sylvain St-Laurent:

"Jason Spezza leaves Switzerland, confident he will play in the NHL this winter. #Sens"

https://twitter.com/Syl_St_Laurent/status/286467423425679360

Start the return of the players...

I think this morning there were 5 Sens still overseas (including Spezza) after Smith left Denmark; I guess that leaves 4, now:

Daugavins, Gonchar, Greening, Michalek.

Greening has been recalled.

987NHL CBA Talk - Page 66 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:45 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SensProspects is tweeting details. Deal done Jan. 7, camp starts Jan. 12, season starts Jan. 19. 35-game season. What??

SensProspects ‏@SensProspects wrote:

Hearing some great news: CBA deal done by 7th latest. Camp opens Jan 12th. Season starts Jan 19th.

Every teams play conference opponents once, division opponents five times. 35 game season!

988NHL CBA Talk - Page 66 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Wed Jan 02, 2013 3:52 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Are we any closer to puck drop, shabber?

989NHL CBA Talk - Page 66 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Wed Jan 02, 2013 3:53 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Every day brings us closer to puck drop my friend... every day...

990NHL CBA Talk - Page 66 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Wed Jan 02, 2013 3:57 pm

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

NEELY wrote:Has MacLean ever been right about anything?

Also, 4 more playoff teams? It's stupid. Leave it, it's fine, over 1/2 the leagues gets in now, maybe the playoffs should be left as somewhat of a reward for a solid regular season? Hope they don't do that but it's been talked about before anyways.

They could consider wildcard playoff spots perhaps ?

991NHL CBA Talk - Page 66 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Wed Jan 02, 2013 3:58 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

shabbs wrote:Every day brings us closer to puck drop my friend... every day...

Suh-weet. Cheers

992NHL CBA Talk - Page 66 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:06 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Hoags wrote:
NEELY wrote:Has MacLean ever been right about anything?

They could consider wildcard playoff spots perhaps ?

I think they could have 2 wildcard teams battling it out with the two 8-seeds in each Conference -- make it a best of 5. Gives the teams that finish 7th or above a bit of a break, creates two more playoff series (albeit shorter ones).

Or maybe expand to 32 teams, with 2x8 divisions in each conference. 4 wildcard teams, and each division winner gets a bye to the next round. Or something like that.

993NHL CBA Talk - Page 66 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:22 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Via David Shoalts:

"Pension issue still a problem but they're looking meeting again around 8 p.m."

https://twitter.com/dshoalts/status/286576107988348928

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 66 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 34 ... 65, 66, 67  Next

Permissions in this forum: