GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

what's next for the Sens?

+6
davetherave
wprager
Cap'n Clutch
PTFlea
Jordo
Cronie
10 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1what's next for the Sens? Empty what's next for the Sens? Wed Feb 04, 2009 1:06 pm

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Well, when the Sens face the red-hot Bruins in 24 hours time, I have to wonder what Clouston has up his sleeve for these pathetic underachievers.
I was hoping to hear about a gruelling bag skate for today's practice but no such luck.

Also to note, according to TSN.ca, Regin was returned to Bingo and Donovan and Picard are now out indefinitely. With Regin gone, there was some *drumroll please* line juggling and the practice lines looked like this:

Practice Lines

Forwards:
Heatley - Spezza - Alfredsson
Kelly - Vermette - Neil
Foligno - Fisher - McAmmond
Ruutu - Winchester - Schubert

Defence:
Phillips - Volchenkov
Kuba - Lee
Bell - Smith

Goaltenders:
Elliott
Auld

I have to agree with Neely, I think our Sens are headed for a 4 game skid, but I'm an eternal optimist at times and am hoping that Clouston finds a passion or even a caring or compete button that works with these guys and just keeps pressing it. Otherwise, expect much of the same of what has been a disastrous and heart-wrenching 2 years of Sens hockey.

2what's next for the Sens? Empty Re: what's next for the Sens? Wed Feb 04, 2009 1:51 pm

Jordo

Jordo
Sophomore
Sophomore

Regin's looked really good- I'm surprised they're sending him back down. They should send down/shoot Lee and put Schubert in his place. People who can't play shouldn't be here.

Spezza can stay because at one point I hope he does something to warrant his 7m.

3what's next for the Sens? Empty Re: what's next for the Sens? Wed Feb 04, 2009 1:58 pm

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Yeah, I suppose we'll see if Spezza and Heatley can somehow reinspire themselves, although as much as I want this to happen, I won't hold my breath.
If we keep them, they damn well better show up next season...

4what's next for the Sens? Empty Re: what's next for the Sens? Wed Feb 04, 2009 2:40 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Regin got sent down? WTF!?

5what's next for the Sens? Empty Re: what's next for the Sens? Wed Feb 04, 2009 2:45 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I'm not surprised. He barely touched the ice in the third period.

- Unknown Author

6what's next for the Sens? Empty Re: what's next for the Sens? Wed Feb 04, 2009 2:46 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I hate this team right now. They're so Diddle dumb.

7what's next for the Sens? Empty Re: what's next for the Sens? Wed Feb 04, 2009 3:16 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Maybe he got sent down to make room for Joikinen.

8what's next for the Sens? Empty Re: what's next for the Sens? Wed Feb 04, 2009 3:44 pm

Jordo

Jordo
Sophomore
Sophomore

wprager wrote:Maybe he got sent down to make room for Joikinen.

Yeah, that's who we need. If we pick up Jokinen, I may just lose faith in this entire organization and start cheering for Chicago or Columbus.

9what's next for the Sens? Empty Re: what's next for the Sens? Wed Feb 04, 2009 3:49 pm

Jordo wrote:
wprager wrote:Maybe he got sent down to make room for Joikinen.

Yeah, that's who we need. If we pick up Jokinen, I may just lose faith in this entire organization and start cheering for Chicago or Columbus.

The Hawks for sure!

10what's next for the Sens? Empty Re: what's next for the Sens? Wed Feb 04, 2009 3:59 pm

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

I'll drink to that :pirat:

11what's next for the Sens? Empty Re: what's next for the Sens? Wed Feb 04, 2009 4:02 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I think we should all re-think what we stated in our profile. It says " Favorite team", and most of us put "Ottawa". While Ottawa is still my team and the one I cheer for, is it my favorite team? Hardly. Will I start cheering for the Hawks or Jackets? Never, not unless I move there. I think that I will simply continue interpreting the "Favorite team" profile entry as "Which team are you a fan of".

As for Joikinen, why the hell not? Maybe he could teach Alfie what to do in shootouts.

12what's next for the Sens? Empty Re: what's next for the Sens? Wed Feb 04, 2009 4:05 pm

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

Prager, do you remember when Ottawa didn't have an NHL team? Did you have a favourite back then?

13what's next for the Sens? Empty Re: what's next for the Sens? Wed Feb 04, 2009 5:23 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

davetherave wrote:Prager, do you remember when Ottawa didn't have an NHL team? Did you have a favourite back then?

Yes, I did. I was living in Beaconsfield PQ (in the West Island of Montreal) and cheered wildly for the Habs and Expos (sniff). I moved to Ottawa in January of '94. Back in those days it was easy to cheer for the Sens *and* the Habs since the two were pretty much in different leagues, but since those days I've become a true Sens fan. There's nothing left there for me -- other than the coaches and GM, the only player still there from back in my day is Koivu (I think he was a rookie my first year in Ottawa, when I was still following the Habs).

14what's next for the Sens? Empty Re: what's next for the Sens? Wed Feb 04, 2009 5:47 pm

Nasty Nas

Nasty Nas
Rookie
Rookie

I imagine a pretty embarassing loss is next as usual. Also an
uninspired lazy Donkey effort from Heatley is nearly a sure thing.

15what's next for the Sens? Empty Re: what's next for the Sens? Wed Feb 04, 2009 6:04 pm

wprager wrote:
davetherave wrote:Prager, do you remember when Ottawa didn't have an NHL team? Did you have a favourite back then?

Yes, I did. I was living in Beaconsfield PQ (in the West Island of Montreal) and cheered wildly for the Habs and Expos (sniff). I moved to Ottawa in January of '94. Back in those days it was easy to cheer for the Sens *and* the Habs since the two were pretty much in different leagues, but since those days I've become a true Sens fan. There's nothing left there for me -- other than the coaches and GM, the only player still there from back in my day is Koivu (I think he was a rookie my first year in Ottawa, when I was still following the Habs).
Is this a seniors discussion here? Razz

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum