GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

what's next for the Sens?

+6
davetherave
wprager
Cap'n Clutch
PTFlea
Jordo
Cronie
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

16what's next for the Sens? - Page 2 Empty Re: what's next for the Sens? Wed Feb 04, 2009 5:23 pm

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

davetherave wrote:Prager, do you remember when Ottawa didn't have an NHL team? Did you have a favourite back then?

Yes, I did. I was living in Beaconsfield PQ (in the West Island of Montreal) and cheered wildly for the Habs and Expos (sniff). I moved to Ottawa in January of '94. Back in those days it was easy to cheer for the Sens *and* the Habs since the two were pretty much in different leagues, but since those days I've become a true Sens fan. There's nothing left there for me -- other than the coaches and GM, the only player still there from back in my day is Koivu (I think he was a rookie my first year in Ottawa, when I was still following the Habs).

17what's next for the Sens? - Page 2 Empty Re: what's next for the Sens? Wed Feb 04, 2009 5:47 pm

Nasty Nas

Rookie
Rookie

I imagine a pretty embarassing loss is next as usual. Also an
uninspired lazy Donkey effort from Heatley is nearly a sure thing.

18what's next for the Sens? - Page 2 Empty Re: what's next for the Sens? Wed Feb 04, 2009 6:04 pm

wprager wrote:
davetherave wrote:Prager, do you remember when Ottawa didn't have an NHL team? Did you have a favourite back then?

Yes, I did. I was living in Beaconsfield PQ (in the West Island of Montreal) and cheered wildly for the Habs and Expos (sniff). I moved to Ottawa in January of '94. Back in those days it was easy to cheer for the Sens *and* the Habs since the two were pretty much in different leagues, but since those days I've become a true Sens fan. There's nothing left there for me -- other than the coaches and GM, the only player still there from back in my day is Koivu (I think he was a rookie my first year in Ottawa, when I was still following the Habs).
Is this a seniors discussion here? Razz

19what's next for the Sens? - Page 2 Empty Re: what's next for the Sens? Wed Feb 04, 2009 6:09 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Nasty Nas wrote:I imagine a pretty embarassing loss is next as usual. Also an
uninspired lazy Donkey effort from Heatley is nearly a sure thing.

I think the Providence Bruins (with Chara) could put the Sens away right now. Heatley's not even gonna get a chance to be lazy, he'll be busy picking up his (fake) teeth from Chara if he lounges around the offensive zone.

20what's next for the Sens? - Page 2 Empty Re: what's next for the Sens? Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:06 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Tukker wrote:
wprager wrote:

I don't think I'm even the oldest here anymore.

21what's next for the Sens? - Page 2 Empty Re: what's next for the Sens? Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:08 pm

wprager wrote:
Tukker wrote:
wprager wrote:

Frig. Am I busted? Sad

22what's next for the Sens? - Page 2 Empty Re: what's next for the Sens? Wed Feb 04, 2009 10:04 pm

wprager wrote:
Tukker wrote:
wprager wrote:

you're only as old as the woman you feel Razz

23what's next for the Sens? - Page 2 Empty Re: what's next for the Sens? Wed Feb 04, 2009 10:17 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Hem, you're a toddler compared to Tuk and me. But DaveTheOld remembers the six-league team. Now, granted, I didn't get to Canada until '74 or '75 so I couldn't *remember* the six team league, but I don't even know if I was alive back then. A quick check tells me the Original Six lasted until the '67 expansion. So I *am* old enough to remember the last few years.

24what's next for the Sens? - Page 2 Empty Re: what's next for the Sens? Wed Feb 04, 2009 10:18 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

25what's next for the Sens? - Page 2 Empty Re: what's next for the Sens? Wed Feb 04, 2009 10:29 pm

Please, my father would bag skate me until my feet were too swollen to get out of my skates. then he'd make me run to the lake and take a swim to get rid of the swelling. I'd then have swim a lap around lake superior, and run back home. If I did all this in under two hours, I got to eat that night.

Ah, the good ole days 8)

26what's next for the Sens? - Page 2 Empty Re: what's next for the Sens? Wed Feb 04, 2009 11:51 pm

wprager wrote:Hem, you're a toddler compared to Tuk and me. But DaveTheOld remembers the six-league team. Now, granted, I didn't get to Canada until '74 or '75 so I couldn't *remember* the six team league, but I don't even know if I was alive back then. A quick check tells me the Original Six lasted until the '67 expansion. So I *am* old enough to remember the last few years.

Hehe. You win. When I think of the good ol' days, I think of Max Headroom, tye-dye t-shirts and acid wash jeans, and Duran Duran burning up the radio charts :D

27what's next for the Sens? - Page 2 Empty Re: what's next for the Sens? Thu Feb 05, 2009 12:03 am

Acrobat

Acrobat
Veteran
Veteran

hemlock wrote:
wprager wrote:Hem, you're a toddler compared to Tuk and me. But DaveTheOld remembers the six-league team. Now, granted, I didn't get to Canada until '74 or '75 so I couldn't *remember* the six team league, but I don't even know if I was alive back then. A quick check tells me the Original Six lasted until the '67 expansion. So I *am* old enough to remember the last few years.

Hehe. You win. When I think of the good ol' days, I think of Max Headroom, tye-dye t-shirts and acid wash jeans, and Duran Duran burning up the radio charts :D

Now were those really "good ol' days"?

28what's next for the Sens? - Page 2 Empty Re: what's next for the Sens? Thu Feb 05, 2009 7:24 am

Acrobat wrote:
hemlock wrote:

I'm hungry like the wolf Razz

29what's next for the Sens? - Page 2 Empty Re: what's next for the Sens? Thu Feb 05, 2009 8:08 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Tukker wrote:
Acrobat wrote:
hemlock wrote:

Girls on Film was pretty interesting ... I mean the video. I think I accidentally saw an un-rated version once. Aah, the mammaries....

30what's next for the Sens? - Page 2 Empty Re: what's next for the Sens? Thu Feb 05, 2009 8:42 am

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:
Tukker wrote:
Acrobat wrote:
hemlock wrote:

Girls on Film was pretty interesting ... I mean the video. I think I accidentally saw an un-rated version once. Aah, the mammaries....

LMAO!! That's awesome!! When the first post I see involves a reference to mammaries, you know it's going to be a good day! Thanks Rager!! LOL

31what's next for the Sens? - Page 2 Empty Re: what's next for the Sens? Thu Feb 05, 2009 9:00 am

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

Old people love hockey too :farao:

...and yes, it DOES get better after 50. 8)

Last edited by davetherave on Thu Feb 05, 2009 9:02 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : sp)

32what's next for the Sens? - Page 2 Empty Re: what's next for the Sens? Thu Feb 05, 2009 10:35 pm

davetherave wrote:

Old people love hockey too :farao:

...and yes, it DOES get better after 50. 8)

I'll guess 53? :face:

33what's next for the Sens? - Page 2 Empty Re: what's next for the Sens? Thu Feb 05, 2009 11:13 pm

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

Tukk--good guess! 54...and still playing...

I have to admit I am extremely fortunate to have been able to watch the legends of the'Original Six' like The Rocket, Jacques Plante, Doug Harvey, Gordie Howe, Bobby Orr, Bobby Hull, Stan Mikita, Johnny Bower, Terry Sawchuk, Andy Bathgate among others, in their prime...and so many more great players since then.

Not being nostalgic, but I can say without reservation that players in the 'Original Six' all performed with a level of committment that would put many of today's young millionaires to shame. With only six teams, there just weren't that many jobs to be had.

But the game today has a different dimension. And so many exciting players.

Right now, enjoying the Hawks-Flames contest. Non stop action. Looks like a playoff game.
:D :D :D

Two terrific teams with two excellent goalies.

Last edited by davetherave on Thu Feb 05, 2009 11:13 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : sp)

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum