GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

NHL CBA Talk

+14
Cap'n Clutch
PTFlea
rooneypoo
LeCaptain
tim1_2
Ev
spader
sandysensfan
Hoags
NEELY
wprager
shabbs
SeawaySensFan
TheAvatar
18 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 34 ... 64, 65, 66, 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 65 of 67]

961NHL CBA Talk - Page 65 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:08 am

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

shabbs wrote:Via Sylvain St-Laurent:

"Jason Spezza leaves Switzerland, confident he will play in the NHL this winter. #Sens"

https://twitter.com/Syl_St_Laurent/status/286467423425679360

Start the return of the players...

Spengler Cup Champion, Jason Spezza? Or a different Jason Spezza?

962NHL CBA Talk - Page 65 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:32 am

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

This Jason Spezza:

963NHL CBA Talk - Page 65 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:34 am

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

shabbs wrote:This Jason Spezza:

I just got a new computer... What do you think was the first youtube video I played?

964NHL CBA Talk - Page 65 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:34 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Followed by this one:

965NHL CBA Talk - Page 65 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:39 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

shabbs wrote:Followed by this one:

It was actually the "Spartan." Good guess, though.

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiise!!!

966NHL CBA Talk - Page 65 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:42 am

NEELY

Mod
Mod

First Championship he has won... Spangler Cup or not it's something to hang his hat on and proves he can play on a winning team.

967NHL CBA Talk - Page 65 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:47 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:Nothing really has changed in my eyes...all this legal mumbo-jumbo nonsense was bound to happen. I still think we'll have a deal in early Jan, with the season commencing mid-Jan.

BOOK. IT.

TwoThumbsUp!

As I posted on Dec 21st, like some sort of amazing, future-predicting, Delorean-driving madman, all this CBA nonsense will be sorted out in the coming days.

I guess it was kind of foolhardy to think this would have played out any other way. Both sides were willing to take it right to the brink of cancelling the season before compromising.

Quite frustrating, indeed, but I guess it is just the reality of the situation.

968NHL CBA Talk - Page 65 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:00 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Via LeBrun:

"Players remain sour over pension snag with league... Need to be resolved for any deal to get done "

https://twitter.com/Real_ESPNLeBrun/status/286482966455132160

969NHL CBA Talk - Page 65 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:45 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Mendes:

"As of 11:45am ET, there is still no set time for when today's CBA session will start. NHLPA still in review mode. "

https://twitter.com/ian_mendes/status/286512865328902144

970NHL CBA Talk - Page 65 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:46 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

For Heaven's sake, let's get back to hockey. Honestly....

971NHL CBA Talk - Page 65 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:22 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

It's coming. At least they have saved the season.

972NHL CBA Talk - Page 65 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:23 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

NEELY wrote:First Championship he has won... Spangler Cup or not it's something to hang his hat on and proves he can play on a winning team.

He must have one something in Minor Hockey. Even my kid in House-C has won a couple.

973NHL CBA Talk - Page 65 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:25 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

shabbs wrote:Via Sylvain St-Laurent:

"Jason Spezza leaves Switzerland, confident he will play in the NHL this winter. #Sens"

https://twitter.com/Syl_St_Laurent/status/286467423425679360

Start the return of the players...

I think this morning there were 5 Sens still overseas (including Spezza) after Smith left Denmark; I guess that leaves 4, now:

Daugavins, Gonchar, Greening, Michalek.

974NHL CBA Talk - Page 65 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:28 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

What's going to be real interesting is seeing how the guys who have been playing stack up against those who haven't. Prime example is Lehner vs. Matrix . It's hard to imagine that Lehner won't have the edge, at least initially.

As Neely mentioned elsewhere, Wiercioch has gotta pretty much be a lock for opening night.

975NHL CBA Talk - Page 65 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:29 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

wprager wrote:
NEELY wrote:First Championship he has won... Spangler Cup or not it's something to hang his hat on and proves he can play on a winning team.

He must have one something in Minor Hockey. Even my kid in House-C has won a couple.

A championship that someone on the planet actually cares about. His team won a ton in minor hockey and he basically school all of Ontario when he was on the ice. Destroyed our team.

976NHL CBA Talk - Page 65 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:31 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

tim1_2 wrote:What's going to be real interesting is seeing how the guys who have been playing stack up against those who haven't. Prime example is Lehner vs. Matrix . It's hard to imagine that Lehner won't have the edge, at least initially.

As Neely mentioned elsewhere, Wiercioch has gotta pretty much be a lock for opening night.

Lehner will play out the string in Bingo, no question about it if they come back IMO. Bishop will get his games in to retain his UFA status and let Anderson get going gradually, not be forced to be playing 100% right off the bat. Ottawa is lucky in this sense.

Wiercoich is going to be getting prime ice in the NHL right off the hop for sure.

977NHL CBA Talk - Page 65 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:34 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Beat me to it Neely. People seem to forget about Bishop. Unless Anderson is completely unplayable then it will be Bishop and Anderson in the NHL for sure.

Glad to here the talk about Weircioch too.

- Unknown Author

978NHL CBA Talk - Page 65 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:42 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

They better be starting Bishop on opening night because he will be maybe the only goalie in the East who is of NHL caliber and in mid season form. I get why everyone loves Anderson and he's earned the right to call himself the true #1 in Ottawa at the moment but being off for 8 months as a goaltender... it isn't easy to bounce back to where you were.

You also want to keep him as a UFA.

Either way, Ottawa is going to be flying right off the bat with the exception of Alfi and Phillips.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 65 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 34 ... 64, 65, 66, 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum