GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

NHL CBA Talk

+14
Cap'n Clutch
PTFlea
rooneypoo
LeCaptain
tim1_2
Ev
spader
sandysensfan
Hoags
NEELY
wprager
shabbs
SeawaySensFan
TheAvatar
18 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 50 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 33 of 67]

481NHL CBA Talk - Page 33 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Fri Dec 07, 2012 4:16 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

shabbs wrote:
Hoags wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:It's worth reading @hnicsimmer because he also locks horns with Allan Walsh.
Gonna follow him right now. I've only seen Damien Cox call Walsh out on his BS.
Macramalla also gets into it with Walsh every now and then.

You know, it just dawned on me... Fehr and the PA have turned the most hated man in hockey (Bettman) into a guy that the majority of fans now support. That's how badly things have turned on the PA if they ever had any support at all.

The fact people (a lot) are cheering for a lost season and for the NHL to stick it to the players is sad and worrysome. People really hate the players at this point and loath Fehr.

482NHL CBA Talk - Page 33 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Fri Dec 07, 2012 4:17 pm

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I got minused for that shiz? Alfie sounds like a nimrod.

483NHL CBA Talk - Page 33 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Fri Dec 07, 2012 4:28 pm

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Big Ev wrote:Diddle Alfredsson.

BANNED!

484NHL CBA Talk - Page 33 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Fri Dec 07, 2012 5:36 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

So... puck drop never?

485NHL CBA Talk - Page 33 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Fri Dec 07, 2012 6:26 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Via John Shannon: "The NHL and the NHLPA will not meet this weekend. They might talk. They will not meet."

https://twitter.com/JSportsnet/status/277190615832346624

Have a good CBA-free weekend everyone!

Beer time.

Beers. On. Ice.

Damn I miss that.

486NHL CBA Talk - Page 33 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Fri Dec 07, 2012 7:28 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SeawaySensFan wrote:
NEELY wrote:lol, WOW. Clowe was owned but that's what happens when experience and obviously some intelligence meets the ignorant and stupid. Clowe probably doesn't even realize what the numbers means unless they are in chart for and have G/A/P/PIM above them.

It's worth reading @hnicsimmer because he also locks horns with Allan Walsh.

Looks like the media is seeing their meal ticket slipping away. Lots of ornery scribes on the twitter.

Follow @HNICsimmer: check.

Hey, remember when this whole thing had just begun, and all the media were 100% behind the players?

487NHL CBA Talk - Page 33 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Fri Dec 07, 2012 7:30 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

shabbs wrote:Via John Shannon: "The NHL and the NHLPA will not meet this weekend. They might talk. They will not meet."

https://twitter.com/JSportsnet/status/277190615832346624

Have a good CBA-free weekend everyone!

Beer time.

Beers. On. Ice.

Damn I miss that.

1-1 in Bingo Cheers

488NHL CBA Talk - Page 33 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:48 pm

sandysensfan

Veteran
Veteran

shabbs wrote:What is stupid is that the breakdown yesterday seems to have come over CBA length and contract length. That's it. Sounds like they were pretty much "good" with the make whole business, which is huge in it's own right.

I did hear mention that the players asked for even more make whole money from the owners in their counter, but I've not seen that clearly stated. Maybe that set things off.

What a mess.

But that 300M make whole was based on a 10 yr CBA.. That was also a package deal based on the long term CBA.

The NHL was waiting for a yes or no answer.. not another proposal. The NHLPA took parts from the NHL offer and turned them around to their liking...

Not that I believe Eklund (Hockeybuzz) but apparently he was with the media at the meetings yesterday. Later on they were told that just before leaving the meeting Daly said to Fehr. " I don't know where we go from here." The players heard that as well.

Then Fehr has the gaul to stand there in his press conference and outright lie to the media and to the fans about how close they were -- after hearing what Daly said.. and the players stood there and backed him up? They are as bad as Fehr is.

I have lost all respect for the players after this.

They had better remember that the revenue they are fighting over is given to them by the fans & the sponsors to the tune of about 70% or 80% of total revenue. If they think they can survive of mostly TV revenue while the NHL recovers.. they are in for one big shock.

489NHL CBA Talk - Page 33 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:53 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

NHL should know by now that Don and co don't respond to take it or leave it proposals. He takes pieces, reforms a new counter offer and then presents it. That's what set the NHL off.

I now fully expect this to go the distance until mid Jan at which point, the NHL will have a decision on it's hand... cancel or move enough to give Fehr the deal he wants. I don't think there is any other way this goes.

490NHL CBA Talk - Page 33 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:56 pm

sandysensfan

Veteran
Veteran

shabbs wrote:NHL should know by now that Don and co don't respond to take it or leave it proposals. He takes pieces, reforms a new counter offer and then presents it. That's what set the NHL off.

I now fully expect this to go the distance until mid Jan at which point, the NHL will have a decision on it's hand... cancel or move enough to give Fehr the deal he wants. I don't think there is any other way this goes.

If Fehr is still playing his games by Dec 31 -- then I hope Bettman pulls the plug on the season then and there.

Enough of this roller coaster. They are playing with the fans emotions... and shame on them. If we continue to let that happen then shame on us..

491NHL CBA Talk - Page 33 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:11 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

What's more damaging to the NHL? Losing another entire season or giving in to Fehr? That's the dilemma Gary will face.

492NHL CBA Talk - Page 33 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:27 pm

sandysensfan

Veteran
Veteran

shabbs wrote:What's more damaging to the NHL? Losing another entire season or giving in to Fehr? That's the dilemma Gary will face.

Giving into Fehr gets a 5 yr CBA expiring in the 100th anniversary of the NHL.. which the players would just love to disrupt.

493NHL CBA Talk - Page 33 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:02 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Yeah, having the CBA expire just before the 100th anniversary would be ludicrous. NHLPA did offer up an 8 year CBA length though.

494NHL CBA Talk - Page 33 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:48 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Walsh: Difficult to have CBA discussion in 140 characters. 5 yr term limits will never be accepted by players.

Heh heh. So they will both die on the same hill then...

Wink

495NHL CBA Talk - Page 33 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:37 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

shabbs wrote:Walsh: Difficult to have CBA discussion in 140 characters. 5 yr term limits will never be accepted by players.

Wink

Heh heh indeed, old friend. Big joke this has become.

496NHL CBA Talk - Page 33 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:38 am

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SeawaySensFan wrote:
shabbs wrote:Walsh: Difficult to have CBA discussion in 140 characters. 5 yr term limits will never be accepted by players.

Wink

Heh heh indeed, old friend. Big joke this has become.

NHL CBA Talk - Page 33 Lizard-meme-generator-hehehe-55ec47

497NHL CBA Talk - Page 33 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:13 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

shabbs wrote:NHL should know by now that Don and co don't respond to take it or leave it proposals. He takes pieces, reforms a new counter offer and then presents it. That's what set the NHL off.

Sure there is! The players hold a silent vote and fire Fehr.

498NHL CBA Talk - Page 33 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:31 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:

Sure there is! The players hold a silent vote and fire Fehr.

May as well not have a NHLPA at that point.

- Unknown Author

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 33 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 50 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum