GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

NHL CBA Talk

+16
SensHulk
Ev
tim1_2
spader
Hobiesens
sens4win
sandysensfan
Hoags
DirtyDave
NEELY
PTFlea
Cap'n Clutch
wprager
SeawaySensFan
dennycrane
shabbs
20 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 33 ... 63, 64, 65, 66, 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 64 of 67]

946NHL CBA Talk - Page 64 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:46 pm

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Guys are delusional.

At least the Russian players have the NHL as a fallback position. The Swedes have the SEL. I just don't understand what's fueling the Canuck and US players. With a small number of exceptions these guys have nowhere to go.

I wouldn't worry. Rob "Nobody" Rossi is about as relevant as Gino "Useless" Reda.

947NHL CBA Talk - Page 64 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:07 pm

sandysensfan

Veteran
Veteran

IF they let this greed about the division of revenues result in a lost season.. then that 3.2 Billion they had last season could drop significantly when they do start up.

This lockout is all about money. Fans will not stand for a long lockout or a lost season. They will have had enough.

They will lose more revenue they will never get back... They want to earn money.. well get this settled and get back to playing.

Prove to us fans (both sides) that you really care about what we think.. and how the fans are the game. Without us you have no NHL.

Stop the posturing, propoganda and whatever. Get this done and get back on the ice.

948NHL CBA Talk - Page 64 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:15 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I really wouldn't get my hopes up Sandy, I really wouldn't. It doesn't look good at all. If it was gonna end, last week was the perfect time for it to wrap up neatly.

949NHL CBA Talk - Page 64 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:47 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

SpezDispenser wrote:I really wouldn't get my hopes up Sandy, I really wouldn't. It doesn't look good at all. If it was gonna end, last week was the perfect time for it to wrap up neatly.

Things don't get done until everyone has a gun to their head and this is no different. This is the week where there might not be any coming back from. If something gets done, it's this week.

That said, I wouldn't expect much else out of the NHLPA, the dumbest group of athletes going.

950NHL CBA Talk - Page 64 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:58 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Sadly the fans have no bearing in this at all. It's all about the money, money, money. They'll make a deal when they feel the impact is too much. Hopefully that comes before a season is lost.

If a season is lost, then I'm sure we'll see revenues drop and the pie they both share will be smaller. How that affects the cap and what not remains to be seen but I'm sure they'll have an exception for the first year, as the NHL has already suggested in their proposal.

951NHL CBA Talk - Page 64 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:59 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Anyone know what the NHL revenues were before and after the last lockout? Would be curious to see a comparison.

952NHL CBA Talk - Page 64 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:00 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

I must admit, I am starting to grow tired of the NHLPA song and dance...

953NHL CBA Talk - Page 64 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:04 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

shabbs wrote:Sadly the fans have no bearing in this at all. It's all about the money, money, money. They'll make a deal when they feel the impact is too much. Hopefully that comes before a season is lost.

If a season is lost, then I'm sure we'll see revenues drop and the pie they both share will be smaller. How that affects the cap and what not remains to be seen but I'm sure they'll have an exception for the first year, as the NHL has already suggested in their proposal.

Not so fast, shabber...

https://twitter.com/NHLFA

954NHL CBA Talk - Page 64 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:13 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

SeawaySensFan wrote:
shabbs wrote:Sadly the fans have no bearing in this at all. It's all about the money, money, money. They'll make a deal when they feel the impact is too much. Hopefully that comes before a season is lost.

Not so fast, shabber...

Heh. They carry about as much weight in this as one of my farts. And I'd give the edge to my fart on that one.

955NHL CBA Talk - Page 64 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:27 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Well, at least we've gotten to the meat of the issue between the two:

Owners: A rollback on contracts and 50/50 rev share right now.
Players: Honour the contracts you signed, we'll get to 50/50 rev share eventually.

Someone is going to have to move off of their position to get a deal done.

956NHL CBA Talk - Page 64 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:32 pm

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

https://twitter.com/NHLPA/status/260472742896365568

Bleacher Report fans agree owners should honour signed contracts. Take the poll here: http://ply.rs/eG6ik

NHLPA referencing The Bleacher Report as PR Laughing3

957NHL CBA Talk - Page 64 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:18 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

So, Daly has told Fehr that they're ready to talk once the NHLPA is ready to negotiate off the NHL's offer platform.

I guess that's... over to you Fehr?

The standoff continues...

958NHL CBA Talk - Page 64 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:11 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

shabbs wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

Not so fast, shabber...

Heh. They carry about as much weight in this as one of my farts. And I'd give the edge to my fart on that one.

I'll give the edge to your fart but only because I'm sure I will never have to smell it. Nod

- Unknown Author

959NHL CBA Talk - Page 64 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:35 pm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:I really wouldn't get my hopes up Sandy, I really wouldn't. It doesn't look good at all. If it was gonna end, last week was the perfect time for it to wrap up neatly.

Dammit!

960NHL CBA Talk - Page 64 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:24 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

http://twitter.yfrog.com/2ivk5ojmkxhvdzfmminocuoez

Ovechkin tweeted this video. Good thing for the NHLPA that most NHL hockey fans do not speak Russian. I do, so I could understand what the tweet said. The video is of a pipe that burst in his "number" -- not sure if he means his apartment or the hotel they were staying at on the road. I think it's his apartment. Looks like an inch or two of water all over his hardwood floors.

961NHL CBA Talk - Page 64 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:39 am

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Ah the KHL, lol. Great league.

This just shows how truly stupid the players are if they don't sign this CBA soon. Why do only the dumb ones speak anyways?

962NHL CBA Talk - Page 64 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:50 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

So, it sounds like this weekend the GMs and Owners were allowed to answer player questions directly regarding the NHL's latest offer. There was a window where they were permitted to discuss it.

I don't think the NHLPA was involved with that.

Odd.

Steve Fehr was not too pleased: "Most owners are not allowed to attend bargaining meetings. No owners are allowed to speak to the media about the bargaining. Interesting that they are secretly unleashed to talk to the players about the meetings the players can attend but the owners cannot."

Via Louis Jean: https://twitter.com/LouisJean_TVA

This is not conducive to productive negotiations...

963NHL CBA Talk - Page 64 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:02 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Kovalchuk echoing what Ovechkin says... if salaries are cut, he'll look to stay in the KHL...

https://twitter.com/dchesnokov/status/260726213146972160

Hope they have good lawyers...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 64 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 33 ... 63, 64, 65, 66, 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum