GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

NHL CBA Talk

+16
SensHulk
Ev
tim1_2
spader
Hobiesens
sens4win
sandysensfan
Hoags
DirtyDave
NEELY
PTFlea
Cap'n Clutch
wprager
SeawaySensFan
dennycrane
shabbs
20 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 50 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 33 of 67]

481NHL CBA Talk - Page 33 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:56 am

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

That $100M figure sounds like a load of crap, and I'm sure does not factor in any operating expenses etc... I bet most teams are saving money, with less than 10 actually losing some.

Net result: NHL probably saved or broke even at worst.

482NHL CBA Talk - Page 33 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:57 am

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Both sides are greedy and I have grown something that can only be described as hate for the both of them. At this point though, no games have been cancelled but I think it is all but a certainty they will.

The on thing that is getting annoying is the NHLPA and Fehr saying "the owners wanted this lockout and we can play while negotiating". That's such a crock of garbage and everyone sees through it, you would strike and strike hard after players have earned their stupid salaries.

483NHL CBA Talk - Page 33 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:58 am

Hoags

All-Star
All-Star

shabbs wrote:

I don't think players get paid for exhibition games, it's pure $$ for the NHL as they charge full price in some markets.

It's 100M potential revenue minus expenses which would be minimal since the players don't get paid.

484NHL CBA Talk - Page 33 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:00 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Hoags wrote:NHL could have earned $100M if they had a preseason, they didn't actually lose it, they just could have earned it.

NHLPA doesn't want the NHL taking a % off contracts they already signed, there's already $1.8B in contracts signed for next year.

Fehr basically wants de-linkage, players get their money no matter what.

I think we're losing a season for sure now.

I support that believe it or not. Rollbacks are ludicrous - no way I'd allow that to happen as NHLPA. Especially with the owners spending so much the night before the lockout. Diddle you and your rollbacks - not happening.

485NHL CBA Talk - Page 33 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:01 am

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

They're not losing a season. Just ignore all this Dung and it will make your life a lot better.

486NHL CBA Talk - Page 33 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:01 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Hoags wrote:
shabbs wrote:

I don't think players get paid for exhibition games, it's pure $$ for the NHL as they charge full price in some markets.

It's 100M potential revenue minus expenses which would be minimal since the players don't get paid.
Good point... good point...

487NHL CBA Talk - Page 33 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:00 pm

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

http://www.senatorsextra.com/main/alfredsson-not-optimistic-about-quick-resolution-to-nhl-lockout

Even though it’s possible an extended lockout could mean the end to his own impressive career, Alfredsson maintains that he’s fully behind the efforts by the players’ association to negotiate the best possible collective bargaining agreement for the future.

“I went through the lockout the last time and I’m a different stage of my career and I feel the same now as I did then.,” he said. “Even if this would turn out to be a whole season and I wouldn’t play again, that’s fine with me. I’m just a small piece of the puzzle. I’d love to play again.”

That's the really sad part to me, we may never see Alfie on the ice again and he's OK with it.

488NHL CBA Talk - Page 33 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:20 pm

sandysensfan

Veteran
Veteran

Just listening to Hockey Central at Noon.... apparently Donald Fehr has a proposal ready on his desk to give to the NHL. In a conference call with 60 players last night... the players-- all 60 of them -- said no..... no offer to the NHL.

That's is beyond ridiculous.

The NHL made the last proposal just before the lockout was announced. The NHLPA has never replied... and it seems like they won't do it.

Now explain to me why this is not just delay tactics... and that the NHLPA really wants to get back to playing hockey.... That's just lies... pure lies.

They really have lost my respect.

489NHL CBA Talk - Page 33 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:25 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Hoags wrote:http://www.senatorsextra.com/main/alfredsson-not-optimistic-about-quick-resolution-to-nhl-lockout

Even though it’s possible an extended lockout could mean the end to his own impressive career, Alfredsson maintains that he’s fully behind the efforts by the players’ association to negotiate the best possible collective bargaining agreement for the future.

“I went through the lockout the last time and I’m a different stage of my career and I feel the same now as I did then.,” he said. “Even if this would turn out to be a whole season and I wouldn’t play again, that’s fine with me. I’m just a small piece of the puzzle. I’d love to play again.”

That's the really sad part to me, we may never see Alfie on the ice again and he's OK with it.

It would be a shame, but a part of me would be excited for a new era to begin.

490NHL CBA Talk - Page 33 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:28 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Hoags wrote:http://www.senatorsextra.com/main/alfredsson-not-optimistic-about-quick-resolution-to-nhl-lockout

He's obviously NOT "ok with it", but he doesn't have much choice except to present the united union front.

491NHL CBA Talk - Page 33 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:36 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

sandysensfan wrote:Just listening to Hockey Central at Noon.... apparently Donald Fehr has a proposal ready on his desk to give to the NHL. In a conference call with 60 players last night... the players-- all 60 of them -- said no..... no offer to the NHL.

That's is beyond ridiculous.

The NHL made the last proposal just before the lockout was announced. The NHLPA has never replied... and it seems like they won't do it.

Now explain to me why this is not just delay tactics... and that the NHLPA really wants to get back to playing hockey.... That's just lies... pure lies.

They really have lost my respect.
That does seem very odd... not sure what's going on there. Unless they felt that the offer would just get shot down anyway so why bother? The NHLPA wants the NHL to make a "real" move on their offer.

Getting sillier and sillier every day...

492NHL CBA Talk - Page 33 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:38 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

I can honestly say I have no idea how this is going to end, when it will, or the reasons behind everything.

All I know is it is killing the game.

493NHL CBA Talk - Page 33 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:41 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

But I will say this, I think the players know exactly what they are doing here and are probably more calculated than people want to believe. There is a reason why all the players mouth pieces and agents are saying Nov to Dec they will be playing hockey.

494NHL CBA Talk - Page 33 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:47 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Players are signing Euro deals until December, so it should start up right around then.

495NHL CBA Talk - Page 33 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:47 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Well, if this is a calculated "plan" to create a work stoppage and then settle in Nov/Dec... that boggles the mind even more. Everyone loses in that situation. Unless they expect the owners to give in by then, which is delusional.

496NHL CBA Talk - Page 33 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:48 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:But I will say this, I think the players know exactly what they are doing here and are probably more calculated than people want to believe. There is a reason why all the players mouth pieces and agents are saying Nov to Dec they will be playing hockey.

Yeah. The players just wanted to extend their summer vacation into the fall. In December, they'll just collectively say "just kidding", accept the owners' offer, and suit up.

497NHL CBA Talk - Page 33 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:55 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

shabbs wrote:Well, if this is a calculated "plan" to create a work stoppage and then settle in Nov/Dec... that boggles the mind even more. Everyone loses in that situation. Unless they expect the owners to give in by then, which is delusional.

No idea what anyone is thinking.

498NHL CBA Talk - Page 33 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:01 pm

sandysensfan

Veteran
Veteran

shabbs wrote:Well, if this is a calculated "plan" to create a work stoppage and then settle in Nov/Dec... that boggles the mind even more. Everyone loses in that situation. Unless they expect the owners to give in by then, which is delusional.

They are intentionally doing damage in the NHL to screw Bettman -- that is in their minds. They don't like him and are trying everything they can to get him fired.

They are hurting themselves and the league more than they realize. They will discover when the return to the ice... just how little revenue they will be getting when they see a lot of empty seats in the arenas.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 33 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 50 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum