GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

(1) New York Rangers vs (8) Ottawa Senators - Playoffs Round 1

+26
beerandsens
Vandelay
stempniaksen
Oglethorpe
Hockeyhero22000
SensGirl11
NEELY
SeawaySensFan
Hobiesens
dennycrane
Jordo
Number Twenty Nine
Cap'n Clutch
wprager
TheAvatar
tim1_2
Flo The Action
spader
Hoags
Riprock
sandysensfan
SensHulk
rooneypoo
Ev
shabbs
PTFlea
30 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 35 ... 67  Next

Sens vs. Rangers

(1) New York Rangers vs (8) Ottawa Senators - Playoffs Round 1 - Page 3 Vote_lcap20%(1) New York Rangers vs (8) Ottawa Senators - Playoffs Round 1 - Page 3 Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
(1) New York Rangers vs (8) Ottawa Senators - Playoffs Round 1 - Page 3 Vote_lcap20%(1) New York Rangers vs (8) Ottawa Senators - Playoffs Round 1 - Page 3 Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
(1) New York Rangers vs (8) Ottawa Senators - Playoffs Round 1 - Page 3 Vote_lcap238%(1) New York Rangers vs (8) Ottawa Senators - Playoffs Round 1 - Page 3 Vote_rcap2 38% [ 9 ]
(1) New York Rangers vs (8) Ottawa Senators - Playoffs Round 1 - Page 3 Vote_lcap217%(1) New York Rangers vs (8) Ottawa Senators - Playoffs Round 1 - Page 3 Vote_rcap2 17% [ 4 ]
(1) New York Rangers vs (8) Ottawa Senators - Playoffs Round 1 - Page 3 Vote_lcap24%(1) New York Rangers vs (8) Ottawa Senators - Playoffs Round 1 - Page 3 Vote_rcap2 4% [ 1 ]
(1) New York Rangers vs (8) Ottawa Senators - Playoffs Round 1 - Page 3 Vote_lcap24%(1) New York Rangers vs (8) Ottawa Senators - Playoffs Round 1 - Page 3 Vote_rcap2 4% [ 1 ]
(1) New York Rangers vs (8) Ottawa Senators - Playoffs Round 1 - Page 3 Vote_lcap213%(1) New York Rangers vs (8) Ottawa Senators - Playoffs Round 1 - Page 3 Vote_rcap2 13% [ 3 ]
(1) New York Rangers vs (8) Ottawa Senators - Playoffs Round 1 - Page 3 Vote_lcap224%(1) New York Rangers vs (8) Ottawa Senators - Playoffs Round 1 - Page 3 Vote_rcap2 24% [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 24

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 67]

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

shabbs wrote:CBC's priority should be Sens and Canucks. Hopefully Elliotte can clarify later.
there is something seriously wrong with CBC if the sens don't have priority of the bruins. I know this is the stanley cup defenders but c'mon!! CANADIAN brodcasting???? CBc? can we please watch our teams????
I don't want to watch the game online, that's why I got a 50" TV!!!!

Hoags

All-Star
All-Star

I've learned to mentally tune out Cole, I don't even hear how he calls Kuba "Kubina" or Gonchar is "Karlsson" over half the time Laughing3

Just hit the mute button when Healy and Cassie Campbell start talking.

At least we got Garry Galley.

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Cole kept calling Greening simply Green yesterday... must have been thinking back to his coverage of the Leafs.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Thanks goodness..no afternoon games. The Sens will get the full CBC network coverage, without a doubt.

This is a much better matchup than the Rangers, and hopefully we can get to Lundqvist early. Game one is always so important to establish a tone...here's hoping we can nab that one and get rolling.

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

tim1_2 wrote:Thanks goodness..no afternoon games. The Sens will get the full CBC network coverage, without a doubt.

This is a much better matchup than the Rangers, and hopefully we can get to Lundqvist early. Game one is always so important to establish a tone...here's hoping we can nab that one and get rolling.

Unfortunately, I will be in Vancouver for work next week. 4PM is too early a start Sad I'll miss the beginning.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

shabbs wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:does anyone know if CBC is national coverage? it shows them covering the boston games And the sens games?

it better cuz if i'm stuck watching Boston in Montreal I'm gonna be mad. of course CBC doesn't ever give a Dung about the comments they receive.
Not sure... it seems only some will be national.

Elliotte: For Games 1 & 3 of OTT/BOS series, Senators will have the full network, minus one station (CHEX), which is accessible w/the right package...

Game 2 of each series is on Sat but the BOS one is at 3pm. So, not sure why both can't be full network coverage.

CBC will be streaming the games from their site too. So, for Game 2 I'll be screwed.

Why r u screwed for game 2? I'm in Toronto that night, I NEED to watch the game there on tv!

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:Thanks goodness..no afternoon games. The Sens will get the full CBC network coverage, without a doubt.

i dunno... the squedual on CBC is for both. I wouldn't be surprised if we got jack Dung in favor of the defenders. just because of this i'm hoping wash takes it in 4.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

RDS are listing that they will present hockey during the playoffs but haven't released what teams will that be FingersCrossed

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Michallica wrote:
shabbs wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:does anyone know if CBC is national coverage? it shows them covering the boston games And the sens games?

it better cuz if i'm stuck watching Boston in Montreal I'm gonna be mad. of course CBC doesn't ever give a Dung about the comments they receive.
Not sure... it seems only some will be national.

Elliotte: For Games 1 & 3 of OTT/BOS series, Senators will have the full network, minus one station (CHEX), which is accessible w/the right package...

Game 2 of each series is on Sat but the BOS one is at 3pm. So, not sure why both can't be full network coverage.

CBC will be streaming the games from their site too. So, for Game 2 I'll be screwed.

Why r u screwed for game 2? I'm in Toronto that night, I NEED to watch the game there on tv!
Elliotte's tweet suggested that Game 2 for the Sens would not be National, which meant the Toronto area would most likely get the Boston game. But the games are at different times so I'm not sure what he meant by that.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

Maybe it means if Boston is in OT Then only Ottawa area gets to switch to the Sens game but the rest must wait till Boston game ends

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Riprock wrote:2012 EASTERN CONFERENCE QUARTERFINALS
SERIES A TIME (ET) #1 VS. #8 NETWORKS
THURSDAY, APRIL 12, 2012 7 P.M. OTTAWA AT NY RANGERS NHL NETWORK, CBC
SATURDAY, APRIL 14, 2012 7 P.M. OTTAWA AT NY RANGERS NBC SPORTS NETWORK, CBC
MONDAY, APRIL 16, 2012 7:30 P.M. NY RANGERS AT OTTAWA CBC, CNBC
WEDNESDAY, APRIL 18, 2012 7:30 P.M. NY RANGERS AT OTTAWA CBC, CNBC
*SATURDAY, APRIL 21, 2012 7 P.M. OTTAWA AT NY RANGERS NBC SPORTS NETWORK, CBC
*MONDAY, APRIL 23, 2012 TBD NY RANGERS AT OTTAWA TBD
*THURSDAY, APRIL 26, 2012 TBD OTTAWA AT NY RANGERS TBD

The SEL Finals go Tue-Thur-Sat-Sun-Tue-Thur-Sat. The last possible game is Saturday, April 21. We could actually see Silfverberg here before the end of round 1. Best player in the second-best league in the world.

Now, how or when would you get him in the lineup? As much as I think he is an upgrade over Greening as a top-six winger, it would be unfair to drop him on the top line while he's still jet lagged. Do you stick him on the 4th line until he's had 2-3 practices with the team? Or do you just let him practice and see how things go?

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:

The SEL Finals go Tue-Thur-Sat-Sun-Tue-Thur-Sat. The last possible game is Saturday, April 21. We could actually see Silfverberg here before the end of round 1. Best player in the second-best league in the world.

Now, how or when would you get him in the lineup? As much as I think he is an upgrade over Greening as a top-six winger, it would be unfair to drop him on the top line while he's still jet lagged. Do you stick him on the 4th line until he's had 2-3 practices with the team? Or do you just let him practice and see how things go?

Silfverberg getting any ice time at all is doubtful -- i.e., only in the event of injury, or maybe in the event of absolute desperation. But, if you ask me, the mere suggestion that a guy with zero NHL experience can step in (and on the top line, no less) and make a difference -- let alone displace the guys who got the team here -- is pretty laughable.

If Silfverberg gets any ice time at all, it will be because we've got a lot of injuries, or because we're getting badly outplayed and are in desperate need of a change.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

rooneypoo wrote:
wprager wrote:

Silfverberg getting any ice time at all is doubtful -- i.e., only in the event of injury, or maybe in the event of absolute desperation. But, if you ask me, the mere suggestion that a guy with zero NHL experience can step in (and on the top line, no less) and make a difference -- let alone displace the guys who got the team here -- is pretty laughable.

If Silfverberg gets any ice time at all, it will be because we've got a lot of injuries, or because we're getting badly outplayed and are in desperate need of a change.

I'd put him in over spare parts like Kilinkhammer or Daugavins but that's about it.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

I'd make room for Silfverberg for sure. I'd probably slot him in ahead of Daugavins - not that KD isn't good, but if you can put in a 2-way player like Silfverberg who is probably just as good defensively than KD and better offensively, why wouldn't you?

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

Riprock wrote:I'd make room for Silfverberg for sure. I'd probably slot him in ahead of Daugavins - not that KD isn't good, but if you can put in a 2-way player like Silfverberg who is probably just as good defensively than KD and better offensively, why wouldn't you?

Because he's never played an NHL game in his life, maybe?

Facepalm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

And that has stopped teams from doing that in the past?

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

Riprock wrote:And that has stopped teams from doing that in the past?

Silfverberg will for sure get a chance in the event of injury, or if we get desperate. No question. He may well play if we end up in either situation. But to suggest that he's 'ahead on the depth chart' of current NHLers who got us to this point, is downright laughable -- that's my only point here.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

If we can last that long, Silfverberg should get the spezza treatment from '03 when they inserted him for a spark while they were down 3-1 in the series

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 35 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum