GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY - Ottawa Senators @ Tampa Bay Lightning, 7:30 PM, March 6th

+11
Hoags
NEELY
wprager
Riprock
sandysensfan
spader
SeawaySensFan
tim1_2
SensHulk
shabbs
PTFlea
15 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 9]

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

GAME DAY - Ottawa Senators @ Tampa Bay Lightning, 7:30 PM, March 6th Ottawa-senators-playoff-tickets

VS

GAME DAY - Ottawa Senators @ Tampa Bay Lightning, 7:30 PM, March 6th Tampa%20Bay%20Lightning

Game Story:

After getting back on track, the Sens have lost two in a row, one to Chicago and an ugly one to Florida where a combination of things went wrong. The Sens sit in 7th and could use the cushion of 2 points tonight. Effort levels need to be WAY up for this one tonight as Tampa Bay has reeled off 4 straight games and could move within 2 points of Winnipeg with a win tonight. Be ready!

Side Notes:

Ben Bishop, acquired at the trade deadline for a 2013 2nd round pick, will start tonight, marking the first time the 6'7" (or is it 6'8"??) goalie starts for Ottawa in the NHL. He's posted stellar numbers in the AHL - including playing for the terrible B-Sens and should provide a much needed lift to the troops.

Klinkhammer will likely be back into the lineup as Paul MacLean had nothing but positives to say about him. Expect another of the Bingo troop to sit out, my money is on Condra tonight. They just look....tired. Perhaps Konopka draws out and Smith comes in, but we'll see. I'll try to update when we hear.

Kyle Turris is still playing good hockey, but he desperately needs to support Jason Spezza, who had his 11 game point streak snapped against Florida. Other guys who need to support: Kuba and Gonchar. Give Karlsson a break please!

GAME DAY - Ottawa Senators @ Tampa Bay Lightning, 7:30 PM, March 6th 3866

GAME DAY - Ottawa Senators @ Tampa Bay Lightning, 7:30 PM, March 6th Smehm

GAME DAY - Ottawa Senators @ Tampa Bay Lightning, 7:30 PM, March 6th ARmVF

GAME DAY - Ottawa Senators @ Tampa Bay Lightning, 7:30 PM, March 6th EzKly

Go Sens!

UPDATES:

Konopka and Butler will be scratched, Daugavins and Smith are back in.*

*How much longer will Butler be in the NHL? Seriously...

Last edited by SpezDispenser on Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:59 pm; edited 2 times in total

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Big Ben.

That is all.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Mendes: Indications from practice are that Butler, Konopka & Carkner will be scratches tonight vs TB.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Mendes: Sens lines: Greening-Spezza-Michalek, Klinkhammer-Turris-Alfredsson, Foligno-O'Brien-Neil,Daugavins-Smith-Condra

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

shabbs wrote:Mendes: Indications from practice are that Butler, Konopka & Carkner will be scratches tonight vs TB.

A well earned scratch for Butler. Konopka actually played well vs Florida, but whatever.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

GAME DAY - Ottawa Senators @ Tampa Bay Lightning, 7:30 PM, March 6th Scaled.php?tn=0&server=875&filename=trbkc

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

I want Hoffman up

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

It's definitely Butler's turn to sit in the pressbox. He has proven that he is not NHL-ready. Time is running out, especially with our glut of forward prospects coming through.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Michallica wrote:I want Hoffman up

Who would you send down to make room for him though? But I agree, he probably should be playing LW with Spezza or Turris tonight. He needs a chance, he's a solid player and no one's scoring. Tonight is a BIG night for some of the secondary guys.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:It's definitely Butler's turn to sit in the pressbox. He has proven that he is not NHL-ready. Time is running out, especially with our glut of forward prospects coming through.

Talk about mis-handled. He had some waiver eligibility earlier in the year, when he was already showing that he wasn't ready. Yet they kept him up. A real disservice to the player and ultimately the organization.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:GAME DAY - Ottawa Senators @ Tampa Bay Lightning, 7:30 PM, March 6th Scaled.php?tn=0&server=875&filename=trbkc

What a beast.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:It's definitely Butler's turn to sit in the pressbox. He has proven that he is not NHL-ready. Time is running out, especially with our glut of forward prospects coming through.

Talk about mis-handled. He had some waiver eligibility earlier in the year, when he was already showing that he wasn't ready. Yet they kept him up. A real disservice to the player and ultimately the organization.

100% agreed.

sandysensfan

Veteran
Veteran

I would switch O'Brien & Smith. O'Brien is not a 3rd line centre.

I think I heard old Burkie mention that after the trade deadline you can only have 4 callups from the AHL... (That are not for injuried).

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

sandysensfan wrote:I would switch O'Brien & Smith. O'Brien is not a 3rd line centre.

I think I heard old Burkie mention that after the trade deadline you can only have 4 callups from the AHL... (That are not for injuried).

I've actually liked O'Brien's game lately. He may not be scoring a ton of goals, but he's creating chances out there. Though I agree, he's not a 3rd liner.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

spader wrote:
sandysensfan wrote:I would switch O'Brien & Smith. O'Brien is not a 3rd line centre.

I've actually liked O'Brien's game lately. He may not be scoring a ton of goals, but he's creating chances out there. Though I agree, he's not a 3rd liner.

Very solid that young O'Brien. Smith hasn't even been playing like a 4th liner for a while now. Another thing to try would be to have "No Goals" Foligno at C. That's where he's produced the most.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 9]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum