GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY - Ottawa Senators @ Tampa Bay Lightning, 7:30 PM, March 6th

+11
Hoags
NEELY
wprager
Riprock
sandysensfan
spader
SeawaySensFan
tim1_2
SensHulk
shabbs
PTFlea
15 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 9]

sandysensfan

Veteran
Veteran

I would switch O'Brien & Smith. O'Brien is not a 3rd line centre.

I think I heard old Burkie mention that after the trade deadline you can only have 4 callups from the AHL... (That are not for injuried).

spader

All-Star
All-Star

sandysensfan wrote:I would switch O'Brien & Smith. O'Brien is not a 3rd line centre.

I think I heard old Burkie mention that after the trade deadline you can only have 4 callups from the AHL... (That are not for injuried).

I've actually liked O'Brien's game lately. He may not be scoring a ton of goals, but he's creating chances out there. Though I agree, he's not a 3rd liner.

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

spader wrote:
sandysensfan wrote:I would switch O'Brien & Smith. O'Brien is not a 3rd line centre.

I've actually liked O'Brien's game lately. He may not be scoring a ton of goals, but he's creating chances out there. Though I agree, he's not a 3rd liner.

Very solid that young O'Brien. Smith hasn't even been playing like a 4th liner for a while now. Another thing to try would be to have "No Goals" Foligno at C. That's where he's produced the most.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Bishop needs a Senators mask.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Riprock wrote:Bishop needs a Senators mask.
Totally. If not, fire up a plain black Darth Vader one.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I was actually thinking that he'd be a nice fit in between Alfie and Greening...Turris looks so tired.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

shabbs wrote:
Riprock wrote:Bishop needs a Senators mask.
Totally. If not, fire up a plain black Darth Vader one.

True. He's had a few weeks to get it done. Not like he's looking for a new home next year either.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Hey, I appreciate the PGDT for a non-existent game, but how about doing one for tonight's game, too?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SpezDispenser wrote:GAME DAY - Ottawa Senators @ Tampa Bay Lightning, 7:30 PM, March 6th - Page 2 Scaled.php?tn=0&server=875&filename=trbkc

Look! They've got the kiddie nets out! Laugh1

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

That's hilarious.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

tim1_2 wrote:It's definitely Butler's turn to sit in the pressbox. He has proven that he is not an NHL player. Time is running out, especially with our glut of forward prospects coming through.

Fixed it for yah.

He's not some young kid waiting for a break... he's the same age as Regin.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I would expect that Butler's about done with Zibanejad potentially on the way. We have enough guys who can't put the puck in the net, but to be a "goal-scorer" and not be doing it = gtfo.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

So the Leafs should be all loosey-goosey now that they are looking forward to hitting the links in April. Nice little run to 9th. Boston stands in their way. And Boston has all their best picks -- are they properly incentivised now to do us a favor?

The Rangers can continue their climb to the President's Trophy so long as it means rolling over the Devils.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:
Michallica wrote:I want Hoffman up

Who would you send down to make room for him though? But I agree, he probably should be playing LW with Spezza or Turris tonight. He needs a chance, he's a solid player and no one's scoring. Tonight is a BIG night for some of the secondary guys.

It's not a popular choice and I wouldn't do it right now at least....but I think it would obviously have to be Klinkhammer. JOB and Smith are solidifying that 3rd/4th center spot right now and the sens need someone with decent hands in the top 6.

Trade Butler for a 2nd at the draft if we can. So disappointed in his game this season....I don't doubt that he can't turn it around but with the amount of talent we want coming up, its just not going to work for him here.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Sens have a lot of competition coming training camp.

Regin is done IMO. RFA no need to re-sign him at all. Lost his job at this point.

Foligno is an RFA and is looking like a bottom 6.

O'Brien looks like he has earned the 4th lince center job, but is an RFA. Hopefully he is re-signed for that spot.

Winchester and Konopka are UFAs. Winchester has missed most of this season and doesn't look like he will have a job when he comes back.

Daugavins and Klinkhammer are RFAs and both look like bottom 6 NHLers.

Gilroy, Kuba and Carkner are all UFAs and Karlsson is a RFA. He will no doubt be re-signed, and most likely Kuba? But what about Carkner and Gilroy? I'd say Gilroy has a much better shot at being re-signed than Carkner.

Another interesting thing to note, the Sens also have ~$2.4M coming off the books from buyouts for Cheechoo, Alfredsson and Emery.

Outside the NHL roster there will be guys from the AHL competing for a spot, as well as Silfverberg and Zibanejad from the SEL.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Michallica wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
Michallica wrote:I want Hoffman up

Who would you send down to make room for him though? But I agree, he probably should be playing LW with Spezza or Turris tonight. He needs a chance, he's a solid player and no one's scoring. Tonight is a BIG night for some of the secondary guys.

It's not a popular choice and I wouldn't do it right now at least....but I think it would obviously have to be Klinkhammer. JOB and Smith are solidifying that 3rd/4th center spot right now and the sens need someone with decent hands in the top 6.

Trade Butler for a 2nd at the draft if we can. So disappointed in his game this season....I don't doubt that he can't turn it around but with the amount of talent we want coming up, its just not going to work for him here.

Since he's already up, I'd sooner see what Klinkhammer can do in that spot. It's not like his offensive #s are anything to sneeze at. Haven't seen him play so I don't know how is skating is, though. Would have to keep up with some good skaters in Spezza and Michalek.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Winchester SHOULD have a job when he comes back. He did nothing to lose his job...always liked his game.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

I just don't see how you can take anyone out at this point for him. He will probably get a game or two, but I would also think he might be assigned to Bingo for conditioning?

Also, Victor Hedman could return to the lineup tonight for the Bolts.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 9]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum