GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY - Ottawa Senators @ Tampa Bay Lightning, 7:30 PM, March 6th

+11
Hoags
NEELY
wprager
Riprock
sandysensfan
spader
SeawaySensFan
tim1_2
SensHulk
shabbs
PTFlea
15 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 9]

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Michallica wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
Michallica wrote:I want Hoffman up

Who would you send down to make room for him though? But I agree, he probably should be playing LW with Spezza or Turris tonight. He needs a chance, he's a solid player and no one's scoring. Tonight is a BIG night for some of the secondary guys.

It's not a popular choice and I wouldn't do it right now at least....but I think it would obviously have to be Klinkhammer. JOB and Smith are solidifying that 3rd/4th center spot right now and the sens need someone with decent hands in the top 6.

Trade Butler for a 2nd at the draft if we can. So disappointed in his game this season....I don't doubt that he can't turn it around but with the amount of talent we want coming up, its just not going to work for him here.

Since he's already up, I'd sooner see what Klinkhammer can do in that spot. It's not like his offensive #s are anything to sneeze at. Haven't seen him play so I don't know how is skating is, though. Would have to keep up with some good skaters in Spezza and Michalek.

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Winchester SHOULD have a job when he comes back. He did nothing to lose his job...always liked his game.

Riprock

All-Star
All-Star

I just don't see how you can take anyone out at this point for him. He will probably get a game or two, but I would also think he might be assigned to Bingo for conditioning?

Also, Victor Hedman could return to the lineup tonight for the Bolts.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Riprock wrote:I just don't see how you can take anyone out at this point for him. He will probably get a game or two, but I would also think he might be assigned to Bingo for conditioning?

Daugavins, Butler, Konopka, all guys that can be put in the stands and forgotten about. I'll take Winchester over either of those 3 each and every single night.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Michallica wrote:
Trade Butler for a 2nd at the draft if we can.

No chance of that unfortunately.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

NEELY wrote:
Riprock wrote:I just don't see how you can take anyone out at this point for him. He will probably get a game or two, but I would also think he might be assigned to Bingo for conditioning?

Daugavins, Butler, Konopka, all guys that can be put in the stands and forgotten about. I'll take Winchester over either of those 3 each and every single night.

It's only Daugavins that matters. Butler and Konopka are gone this summer I'm sure, but Daugavins I like a lot. I agree that I'd take Winchester over him, but Winchester's a pending UFA, we'll see what happens...

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Butler may not even be picked up on waivers. Do people realize how many players in pro hockey can play on a team and not score or do anything else? Butler is totally and utterly worthless.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

SpezDispenser wrote:
NEELY wrote:

It's only Daugavins that matters. Butler and Konopka are gone this summer I'm sure, but Daugavins I like a lot. I agree that I'd take Winchester over him, but Winchester's a pending UFA, we'll see what happens...

You sign Winchester, simple as that.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I probably would personally, but Murray may want some of the up and comers to take that spot. Like O'Brien for example.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

NEELY wrote:Butler may not even be picked up on waivers. Do people realize how many players in pro hockey can play on a team and not score or do anything else? Butler is totally and utterly worthless.

It's frustrating because we know that he's capable of scoring that this level. He just can't seem to put it together.

Also, as I wrote that, I realized that it's applicable to a few guys.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

No way do you sign winchester....he's lost his job for the same reason regin's lost his job. It absolutely sucks but I think its time to move past both Winch and Regin.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Michallica wrote:No way do you sign winchester....he's lost his job for the same reason regin's lost his job. It absolutely sucks but I think its time to move past both Winch and Regin.

Regin has more skill so it might be a little tougher. I don't even know if Winchester will ever play pro hockey again. That's a lot of concussion time.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Michallica wrote:No way do you sign winchester....he's lost his job for the same reason regin's lost his job. It absolutely sucks but I think its time to move past both Winch and Regin.

If they don't at LEAST qualify Regin, it's a wasted asset. Not to mention it's an asset that MacLean really likes/liked. And Winchester...depends on the price, but he is a very solid player IMO.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

It is a waste of a contract though. Limits to how many players Ottawa can have under contract, and if one of them has a history of not playing, why bother?

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

Is Butler really that bad long term ? It's his first full season, Bozak sucked his first two seasons in Toronto. Butler may get his Donkey in gear next training camp, probably not worth in waiving him until then unless someone comes in and lights it up.

Then again I look at Matt Read and think ... damn Facepalm

Regin and Winchester are in a similar boat IMHO, how good will they be (if)after they recuperate? O'Brien has been playing 3rd line minutes lately over Z. Smith who's been slumping hard.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Bruce Garrioch ‏ @SunGarrioch Reply Retweet Favorite ยท Open
Ben Bishop said his Ottawa gear will arrive Friday. For tonite, he is in St. Louis colours.

Damnit. Now they have to play him Friday or Saturday, whenever the game is.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Riprock wrote:It is a waste of a contract though. Limits to how many players Ottawa can have under contract, and if one of them has a history of not playing, why bother?

Because he has a lot of talent and because he fits into this puck possession system really well. You trust your medical staff and your trainers to report to you with the updates and if they say he's good to go, you sign him IMO.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Who did Winchester lose his job to? lol

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 9]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum