GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY - Ottawa Senators @ Tampa Bay Lightning, 7:30 PM, March 6th

+11
Hoags
NEELY
wprager
Riprock
sandysensfan
spader
SeawaySensFan
tim1_2
SensHulk
shabbs
PTFlea
15 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Go down  Message [Page 9 of 9]

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Big Ev wrote:
NEELY wrote:
Big Ev wrote:
NEELY wrote:Decent game, nothing to write home about but a win is a win is a win at this point in the season.

Bishop... wasn't overly impressed. I'm not a big fan of goaltenders who play the "let the puck hit me" kind of game. He's either has to learn how to keep standing a little bit more or he will get the corners pick on him all game. AHL shooters don't hit those spots, NHL shooters do. Only 1 game but again, I don't like that style of goaltender.

That's basically Lundqvist in a nutshell.

No it's not. Lundqvist is the most well founded goaltender in the NHL. He does everything correctly aside from playing the puck.

He's a blocker of pucks first and foremost, and relies on angles and positioning. Doesn't really use his glove. Gets caught playing deep in his net when he's struggling. I think that describes Bishop as well. Bothg goalies let the puck hit them because of their size.

However from what I have heard, Bishop is very flexible for a big man so I have no doubt he will improve over time as he adjusts to NHL shooter and speed again.

Lundqvist is 100% a butterfly type goaltender but he has an active stick, reads the play extremely well (his best asset), and can play a standup type game if needed. Bishop (based just on last night so it means very little). Looked small for a big goaltender and his angle play was lacking. Getting beat up up like that 2 times from a bad angle and a so/so angle shouldn'tbe considered good goals. One was Stamkos so he probably had an area of the net smaller than the puck to shoot at and it magically went in, so I don't have a huge issue with that.

Either way, we'll see how he does tomorrow against the Rangers. He needs to be better than he was last night to get the win, though.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I felt the Lightning were diving a lot last night, did anyone else notice that?

NEELY

Mod
Mod

SpezDispenser wrote:I felt the Lightning were diving a lot last night, did anyone else notice that?

Not anymore then the Sens or any other game.

Thought it was just an ugly game all around.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

NEELY wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:I felt the Lightning were diving a lot last night, did anyone else notice that?

Not anymore then the Sens or any other game.

Thought it was just an ugly game all around.

Really? I felt as if everytime we did anything resembling hitting them, they flopped to the ice. And normally I don't care about a team doing it once, twice, three times, but this seemed to be a constant - like we were watching the Carolina Hurricanes.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Yeah, didn't notice anything out of the ordinary. Stamkos maybe once or twice went down pretty easy, but, as was pointed out on the broadcast, that's nothing that other guys don't do (Spezza was used as an example).

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SpezDispenser wrote:Doubt they call him up...but again...Carnker makes me nervous still.

Boro would be #24, would he not?

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

how many more callups are we allowed?? Best to save it and just use Carkner.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:Doubt they call him up...but again...Carnker makes me nervous still.

Injury replacements are allowed, are they not?

dennycrane

dennycrane
Veteran
Veteran

Play Carkner. He needs games at this point. Don't forget, he scored the last GWG in the playoffs for this team. Smile

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

dennycrane wrote:Play Carkner. He needs games at this point. Don't forget, he scored the last GWG in the playoffs for this team. Smile

So slow since his injury though...

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SpezDispenser wrote:
wprager wrote:

Injury replacements are allowed, are they not?

Not when you already have healthy scratches at the position.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I'm amused that lightning fans can't accept that Aulie basically cost them the game with that stupid roughing penalty on Greening.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 9 of 9]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum