GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY - Ottawa Senators @ Tampa Bay Lightning, 7:30 PM, March 6th

+11
Hoags
NEELY
wprager
Riprock
sandysensfan
spader
SeawaySensFan
tim1_2
SensHulk
shabbs
PTFlea
15 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 9]

Riprock

All-Star
All-Star

Bruce Garrioch ‏ @SunGarrioch Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
Ben Bishop said his Ottawa gear will arrive Friday. For tonite, he is in St. Louis colours.

Damnit. Now they have to play him Friday or Saturday, whenever the game is.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Riprock wrote:It is a waste of a contract though. Limits to how many players Ottawa can have under contract, and if one of them has a history of not playing, why bother?

Because he has a lot of talent and because he fits into this puck possession system really well. You trust your medical staff and your trainers to report to you with the updates and if they say he's good to go, you sign him IMO.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Michallica wrote:No way do you sign winchester....he's lost his job for the same reason regin's lost his job. It absolutely sucks but I think its time to move past both Winch and Regin.

Who did Winchester lose his job to? lol

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

I'd say that Spezza, Turris, Smith and O'Brien are doing a fine job right now s this team's middle men.

So unless you're going to put Winchester on the wing, then you have to scratch one of Michalek, Alfredsson, Klinkhammer, Butler, Daugavins, Greening, Condra, Neil, or Foligno.

Now Butler's been scratched numerous times, and based on play, he's an odd man out, because he is not cut out for a bottom 6 role, or a top 6 role.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:
Riprock wrote:It is a waste of a contract though. Limits to how many players Ottawa can have under contract, and if one of them has a history of not playing, why bother?

Because he has a lot of talent and because he fits into this puck possession system really well. You trust your medical staff and your trainers to report to you with the updates and if they say he's good to go, you sign him IMO.

Ok, so fair enough. If he is deemed healthy and able to contribute to the team for a full season, then fine. But it means taking the job of someone else, like MZ93 or JS33.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Riprock wrote:I'd say that Spezza, Turris, Smith and O'Brien are doing a fine job right now s this team's middle men.

So unless you're going to put Winchester on the wing, then you have to scratch one of Michalek, Alfredsson, Klinkhammer, Butler, Daugavins, Greening, Condra, Neil, or Foligno.

Now Butler's been scratched numerous times, and based on play, he's an odd man out, because he is not cut out for a bottom 6 role, or a top 6 role.

Those 3 are no where near the player Winchester is at this point.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

holy Dung this Klinkhammer has 1 NHL game under his belt with the Sens and all of a sudden people are saying he's an NHLer?????!?!?!??!!?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Big Ev wrote:holy Dung this Klinkhammer has 1 NHL game under his belt with the Sens and all of a sudden people are saying he's an NHLer?????!?!?!??!!?

No, they are saying that he is *currently* playing better than a bunch of tired college kids. Or at least that's what I would say. Give him another couple games while he's still playing well, while giving guys a rest. Butler has had plenty of rest -- he needs something else. Is Winch one of our 23 roster spots? If so, put him on LTIR right away. Put Anderson on the IR retroactive to when he went down. IR is 10 days min, but making it retroactive to when he cut himself (yeah, right) he should easily pass that. But if he's already on that and we need more, waive Butler and send him down. It's got to be done.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

NEELY wrote:
Michallica wrote:No way do you sign winchester....he's lost his job for the same reason regin's lost his job. It absolutely sucks but I think its time to move past both Winch and Regin.

Who did Winchester lose his job to? lol

...u serious? he lost his job to an injury replacement player. By all means sign him again but you're just taking up another roster spot. Play him as a winger but I don't see how you can come out and say 'Regin's done' and then say that 'Winchester should be re-signed'.

so....lol?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

#Benormous. Smile

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Let's Cussing do this!!!! GO SENS GO!!!

As a side note, got to experience the BAZOOKA Shawarma at Marroush on Elgin St. this past weekend. Damn, it was freaking HUGE!!! Nothing better than a garlic sauce soaked shawarma at 3:30am on a Sat night... good times.

BAZOOKA!!!!!!

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Last minute change to the #Sens line up. Konopka in for O'Brien.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

GAME DAY - Ottawa Senators @ Tampa Bay Lightning, 7:30 PM, March 6th - Page 4 68976454

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Big Ev wrote:holy Dung this Klinkhammer has 1 NHL game under his belt with the Sens and all of a sudden people are saying he's an NHLer?????!?!?!??!!?

Yup, I think that's what I am saying. He looks like an NHL player, he is playing in the NHL... so yes, he is an NHL player.

Let's see, he doesn't look out of place, he has all the assets to play an NHL game, he is hitting, shooting, pretty much everything except scoring ta this point, but that isn't going to be a huge requirement for a bottom 6 NHL player.

And yeah, Winchester lost his job to a couple of players who are not looking out of place either. Would be a bad message to just hand him a spot back when others are doing it.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Lee paired with Commodore... #awesome

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Gonch puts the Sens up 1-0....

GAME DAY - Ottawa Senators @ Tampa Bay Lightning, 7:30 PM, March 6th - Page 4 1311854511044477700

Here we go.

Last edited by shabbs on Tue Mar 06, 2012 8:21 pm; edited 1 time in total

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Greening puts the Sens up 2-0 in the 1st...

GAME DAY - Ottawa Senators @ Tampa Bay Lightning, 7:30 PM, March 6th - Page 4 1311854439040932500

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Turris makes it 3-0 Sens.

GAME DAY - Ottawa Senators @ Tampa Bay Lightning, 7:30 PM, March 6th - Page 4 58452211

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 9]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum