GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY - Ottawa Senators @ Tampa Bay Lightning, 7:30 PM, March 6th

+11
Hoags
NEELY
wprager
Riprock
sandysensfan
spader
SeawaySensFan
tim1_2
SensHulk
shabbs
PTFlea
15 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down  Message [Page 8 of 9]

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Big Ev wrote:
shabbs wrote:
Big Ev wrote:Lost a little respect for Michalek here
Totally, I mean he should not have even been on the ice. Hell, he should have put the puck in his own net, that I would respect. I can't believe he would do that.

Wink

WTF are you smoking man? Jeezus.

Read my reply bub.
Read it bub.

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

shabbs wrote:
Big Ev wrote:
shabbs wrote:
Totally, I mean he should not have even been on the ice. Hell, he should have put the puck in his own net, that I would respect. I can't believe he would do that.

Wink

Read my reply bub.
Read it bub.

no worries....just saying a two-empty netter is pretty lame and a bit selfish in my books

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Big Ev wrote:
shabbs wrote:
Big Ev wrote:
shabbs wrote:

Wink

Read my reply bub.
Read it bub.

no worries....just saying a two-empty netter is pretty lame and a bit selfish in my books
Meh. I don't mind selfish wingers that want to score.

Who was on the ice with him at the time?

And if he had passed to someone else and the play was broken up... what of that? We'd all be saying "Stupid Michalek should have buried it." Worse if they came back to win... do we all remember this? Patrick Stefan?

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Good news too, Cowen looks to be getting back into the groove - more confidence with and without the puck. Rushing it up a little more although still nowhere near what he was doing earlier in the year. Some really nice hits too, crunchers where the opposing player feels it.

And...Karlsson was spectacular for segments of that game. Sure, he made a mistake and got a penatly which resulted in a goal, but he made so many beautiful plays last night. The Turris goal was all Karlsson, he ripped through the neutral zone, broke the trap and took on 4 TB players before it went to Turris (yes, it got knocked off his stick, but that's always an assist, what the heck?).

Turris was buzzing, Klinkhammer was buzzing, Greening, Alfie as well as Kuba and Gonchar too - we need this. Gonchar's first goal in 43 games was a beaut too.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:Good news too, Cowen looks to be getting back into the groove - more confidence with and without the puck. Rushing it up a little more although still nowhere near what he was doing earlier in the year. Some really nice hits too, crunchers where the opposing player feels it.

And...Karlsson was spectacular for segments of that game. Sure, he made a mistake and got a penatly which resulted in a goal, but he made so many beautiful plays last night. The Turris goal was all Karlsson, he ripped through the neutral zone, broke the trap and took on 4 TB players before it went to Turris (yes, it got knocked off his stick, but that's always an assist, what the heck?).

Turris was buzzing, Klinkhammer was buzzing, Greening, Alfie as well as Kuba and Gonchar too - we need this. Gonchar's first goal in 43 games was a beaut too.

Yeah, I remember Dean mentioning that the assist had been taken away from Karlsson, but didn't think much of it. Now that you've reminded me of the play, with Turris picking up the loose puck, how the hell does Karlsson NOT get an assist there? Yes, a TB player touched the puck, knocking it off his stick, but typically they'll only end the "assist trail" if an opposing player actually takes possession, or slaps the puck down the ice or something…not just poking it away.

Meh, it's not like Karlsson really needs that one extra point anyway.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

tim1_2 wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:Good news too, Cowen looks to be getting back into the groove - more confidence with and without the puck. Rushing it up a little more although still nowhere near what he was doing earlier in the year. Some really nice hits too, crunchers where the opposing player feels it.

Yeah, I remember Dean mentioning that the assist had been taken away from Karlsson, but didn't think much of it. Now that you've reminded me of the play, with Turris picking up the loose puck, how the hell does Karlsson NOT get an assist there? Yes, a TB player touched the puck, knocking it off his stick, but typically they'll only end the "assist trail" if an opposing player actually takes possession, or slaps the puck down the ice or something…not just poking it away.

Meh, it's not like Karlsson really needs that one extra point anyway.

Well...he doesn't 'need' the point, but it would have been nice for him to get that one. It was a great effort.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:Hard to get a handle on Gilroy right now, but he's not a guy you want in your top 4 IMO. Maybe a #5 guy,but reminds me of Campoli. Need a bigger sample size obviously.

Thought he played well last night. He pinches alot but he was pretty quick to get back to his position. And he had an assist last night I think for his efforts.

Kinda glad its only a broken nose for phillips. Maybe miss a game or two at most. I guess Carkner draws back against the Rags (gasp!). That will be a tough game....

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Michallica wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:Hard to get a handle on Gilroy right now, but he's not a guy you want in your top 4 IMO. Maybe a #5 guy,but reminds me of Campoli. Need a bigger sample size obviously.

Thought he played well last night. He pinches alot but he was pretty quick to get back to his position. And he had an assist last night I think for his efforts.

Kinda glad its only a broken nose for phillips. Maybe miss a game or two at most. I guess Carkner draws back against the Rags (gasp!). That will be a tough game....

I think it depends on how Mac has liked Carkner's practices. Last time we saw Carkner he simply wasn't at NHL speed - and if that's still the case, we need Borowiecki way more than we need Carkner - plus the age old debate that Phillips is a left handed D-man and Carkner is a righty. Apparently Gilroy can play both, but I'd leave him on that right side and not muddy the water.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:
Michallica wrote:

I think it depends on how Mac has liked Carkner's practices. Last time we saw Carkner he simply wasn't at NHL speed - and if that's still the case, we need Borowiecki way more than we need Carkner - plus the age old debate that Phillips is a left handed D-man and Carkner is a righty. Apparently Gilroy can play both, but I'd leave him on that right side and not muddy the water.

Borocop has already been named as a starter for tonights BSens game. If there was going to be a call-up, it would've happened already.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Oh, poopknockers, apparently the Bingo/Marlies game is a MORNING game? It's underway right now. So maybe Borocop could be a call-up after, but I still expect Carkner to draw into the lineup instead of anyone else.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Doubt they call him up...but again...Carnker makes me nervous still.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Milan Michalek had just the 3rd hat trick ever to feature 2 empty-netters. Marcel Dionne and Mario Lemieux had the others.

Those selfish bums!!!!

Wink

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Big Ev wrote:
NEELY wrote:Decent game, nothing to write home about but a win is a win is a win at this point in the season.

Bishop... wasn't overly impressed. I'm not a big fan of goaltenders who play the "let the puck hit me" kind of game. He's either has to learn how to keep standing a little bit more or he will get the corners pick on him all game. AHL shooters don't hit those spots, NHL shooters do. Only 1 game but again, I don't like that style of goaltender.

That's basically Lundqvist in a nutshell.

No it's not. Lundqvist is the most well founded goaltender in the NHL. He does everything correctly aside from playing the puck.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:Doubt they call him up...but again...Carnker makes me nervous still.

Yeah, and against the Rags too...not an ideal situation.

Still, it's the lack of Phillips that bothers me more...he had been playing well lately. Hopefully this doesn't affect his confidence too much going into the playoffs. When he comes back, he'll be wearing a cage or shield too, no doubt.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:
Big Ev wrote:
NEELY wrote:Decent game, nothing to write home about but a win is a win is a win at this point in the season.

Bishop... wasn't overly impressed. I'm not a big fan of goaltenders who play the "let the puck hit me" kind of game. He's either has to learn how to keep standing a little bit more or he will get the corners pick on him all game. AHL shooters don't hit those spots, NHL shooters do. Only 1 game but again, I don't like that style of goaltender.

No it's not. Lundqvist is the most well founded goaltender in the NHL. He does everything correctly aside from playing the puck.

He's a blocker of pucks first and foremost, and relies on angles and positioning. Doesn't really use his glove. Gets caught playing deep in his net when he's struggling. I think that describes Bishop as well. Bothg goalies let the puck hit them because of their size.

However from what I have heard, Bishop is very flexible for a big man so I have no doubt he will improve over time as he adjusts to NHL shooter and speed again.

Obviously Lundqvist is miles better and way more developed and refined.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Big Ev wrote:
NEELY wrote:
Big Ev wrote:

He's a blocker of pucks first and foremost, and relies on angles and positioning. Doesn't really use his glove. Gets caught playing deep in his net when he's struggling. I think that describes Bishop as well. Bothg goalies let the puck hit them because of their size.

However from what I have heard, Bishop is very flexible for a big man so I have no doubt he will improve over time as he adjusts to NHL shooter and speed again.

Lundqvist is 100% a butterfly type goaltender but he has an active stick, reads the play extremely well (his best asset), and can play a standup type game if needed. Bishop (based just on last night so it means very little). Looked small for a big goaltender and his angle play was lacking. Getting beat up up like that 2 times from a bad angle and a so/so angle shouldn'tbe considered good goals. One was Stamkos so he probably had an area of the net smaller than the puck to shoot at and it magically went in, so I don't have a huge issue with that.

Either way, we'll see how he does tomorrow against the Rangers. He needs to be better than he was last night to get the win, though.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I felt the Lightning were diving a lot last night, did anyone else notice that?

NEELY

Mod
Mod

SpezDispenser wrote:I felt the Lightning were diving a lot last night, did anyone else notice that?

Not anymore then the Sens or any other game.

Thought it was just an ugly game all around.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 8 of 9]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum