GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa without Mr. Anderson

+12
PTFlea
SeawaySensFan
LeCaptain
Hoags
Cap'n Clutch
Number Twenty Nine
wprager
rooneypoo
shabbs
NEELY
stempniaksen
tim1_2
16 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 7]

46Ottawa without Mr. Anderson - Page 4 Empty Re: Ottawa without Mr. Anderson Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:39 am

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Number Twenty Nine wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
Hoags wrote:
NEELY wrote:
A vet in the AHL will absolutely have a little more success than a guy like Lehner because the game is different and he knows how to play it. Lehner plays well when there is some structure in the game, where players know what they are doing and what their jobs actually are.

Like I said, give Lehner a team that he trusts and see where it goes. He's shown what he can do when he trust his D and the player sin front of him does his job.

You're correct but it'd be more impressive if he could play better despite the awful team in front of him. Getting that kind of experience would be useful. For all the Lehner hype, it's a bit disappointing we have to make excuses for him.

Like I said Emery played in Bingo for 3 years, why can't Lehner ?

It's a lost cause. Nobody wants to blame Lehner for his own poor play. Having said that, I do agree that a better calibre of hockey might help him.

My own son had a terrible year of Major Midget (House League) Hockey and only let in 1 goal in 2 days of Junior B tryouts and no goals on 17 shots in 1 period of Exhibition.

it's settled then. Sign SSF's son immediately. Make sure that the contract guarantees the no matter which sub he buys at Subway - it will be $5 CDN - tax in.

He's not 18 yet! Haha. By the way, he bought me a steak sub last night. Seriously. Not only that but the Manager is friendly with him so he was charged for a Meatball and got free cookies.

47Ottawa without Mr. Anderson - Page 4 Empty Re: Ottawa without Mr. Anderson Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:42 am

Number Twenty Nine

Veteran
Veteran

Lehner needs to stay with The Alfie. This did wonders for Kid Karlsson.

Nothing some good home cooked meatballs and family trips to IKEA can't fix.

48Ottawa without Mr. Anderson - Page 4 Empty Re: Ottawa without Mr. Anderson Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:43 am

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Number Twenty Nine wrote:Lehner needs to stay with The Alfie. This did wonders for Kid Karlsson.

Nothing some good home cooked meatballs and trips to IKEA can't fix.

Do you think that having the biggest IKEA in Canada will make the Senators the team of choice for Swedish UFAs?

49Ottawa without Mr. Anderson - Page 4 Empty Re: Ottawa without Mr. Anderson Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:46 am

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

I go to IKEA to eat all the time, haven't bought anything there in some time(except meatballs for home) Naughty

50Ottawa without Mr. Anderson - Page 4 Empty Re: Ottawa without Mr. Anderson Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:48 am

NEELY

Mod
Mod

I'll also say this, being as aggressive a goaltender as Lehner is, in the NHL that will pay off, in the AHL you get beat if your team defense is lack luster.

51Ottawa without Mr. Anderson - Page 4 Empty Re: Ottawa without Mr. Anderson Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:49 am

Number Twenty Nine

Number Twenty Nine
Veteran
Veteran

SeawaySensFan wrote:
Number Twenty Nine wrote:Lehner needs to stay with The Alfie. This did wonders for Kid Karlsson.

Do you think that having the biggest IKEA in Canada will make the Senators the team of choice for Swedish UFAs?

No Saab dealer, but the 2 Volvo dealers can't hurt either.....

52Ottawa without Mr. Anderson - Page 4 Empty Re: Ottawa without Mr. Anderson Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:51 am

Number Twenty Nine

Number Twenty Nine
Veteran
Veteran

Hoags wrote:I go to IKEA to eat all the time, haven't bought anything there in some time(except meatballs for home) Naughty

Next time you're there, take a peek at the ballpit to see if you see a 6 foot plus blond kid playing with the other kids....

53Ottawa without Mr. Anderson - Page 4 Empty Re: Ottawa without Mr. Anderson Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:54 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:

That's like saying do you think clouds produce rain? sheesh. Thanks for stating the obvious. Ahhhhh!

54Ottawa without Mr. Anderson - Page 4 Empty Re: Ottawa without Mr. Anderson Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:54 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SeawaySensFan wrote:

Diddle, you just reminded me that I have to go to that god-forsaken hell hole tomorrow with my women. FML.

55Ottawa without Mr. Anderson - Page 4 Empty Re: Ottawa without Mr. Anderson Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:55 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:
Number Twenty Nine wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
Hoags wrote:
NEELY wrote:
A vet in the AHL will absolutely have a little more success than a guy like Lehner because the game is different and he knows how to play it. Lehner plays well when there is some structure in the game, where players know what they are doing and what their jobs actually are.

Like I said, give Lehner a team that he trusts and see where it goes. He's shown what he can do when he trust his D and the player sin front of him does his job.

You're correct but it'd be more impressive if he could play better despite the awful team in front of him. Getting that kind of experience would be useful. For all the Lehner hype, it's a bit disappointing we have to make excuses for him.

Like I said Emery played in Bingo for 3 years, why can't Lehner ?

It's a lost cause. Nobody wants to blame Lehner for his own poor play. Having said that, I do agree that a better calibre of hockey might help him.

My own son had a terrible year of Major Midget (House League) Hockey and only let in 1 goal in 2 days of Junior B tryouts and no goals on 17 shots in 1 period of Exhibition.

it's settled then. Sign SSF's son immediately. Make sure that the contract guarantees the no matter which sub he buys at Subway - it will be $5 CDN - tax in.

He's not 18 yet! Haha. By the way, he bought me a steak sub last night. Seriously. Not only that but the Manager is friendly with him so he was charged for a Meatball and got free cookies.

Did your son have to say "you know who I am" first to get the cookies gratis?

56Ottawa without Mr. Anderson - Page 4 Empty Re: Ottawa without Mr. Anderson Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:57 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

Diddle, you just reminded me that I have to go to that god-forsaken hell hole tomorrow with my women. FML.

Poor you. I've managed to avoid the relatively frequent IKEA trip from the 'burg somehow. Not that I haven't been asked or even strongly encouraged to go.

57Ottawa without Mr. Anderson - Page 4 Empty Re: Ottawa without Mr. Anderson Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:58 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Would you believe I've never been to the new IKEA despite living a mere 10 minutes away by car???? Vertigo

58Ottawa without Mr. Anderson - Page 4 Empty Re: Ottawa without Mr. Anderson Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:01 am

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Wow this thread got sad quick.

59Ottawa without Mr. Anderson - Page 4 Empty Re: Ottawa without Mr. Anderson Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:03 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Cap'n Clutch wrote:Would you believe I've never been to the new IKEA despite living a mere 10 minutes away by car???? Vertigo

Yeah, I haven't been yet either. I actually made it a personal goal of mine to NEVER go. Yet another failure.

We're mattress shopping, so if it wasn't something I'd be spending so much time on, I would usually just trust my wife's judgement.

60Ottawa without Mr. Anderson - Page 4 Empty Re: Ottawa without Mr. Anderson Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:05 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:Wow this thread got sad quick.

Yeah. You started to go all NEELY on us, so I think we decided it best to derail everything quickly.

61Ottawa without Mr. Anderson - Page 4 Empty Re: Ottawa without Mr. Anderson Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:08 am

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

NEELY wrote:Wow this thread got sad quick.

Not much to discuss until we know who starts tomorrow. They're hitting the ice now so we may know this morning.

62Ottawa without Mr. Anderson - Page 4 Empty Re: Ottawa without Mr. Anderson Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:16 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

No chance of us asking SJ to put Nittymaki on re-entry?

63Ottawa without Mr. Anderson - Page 4 Empty Re: Ottawa without Mr. Anderson Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:17 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

That's another interesting debate...Better to start Auld vs Boston and Lehner versus NYI?

I'd almost like to toss Lehner right in against Boston...don't give him time to think about anything, just get him right in there and show confidence in him. If he plays well, give him the back to back against the Isles...if not, give him a break.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 7]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum