GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa without Mr. Anderson

+12
PTFlea
SeawaySensFan
LeCaptain
Hoags
Cap'n Clutch
Number Twenty Nine
wprager
rooneypoo
shabbs
NEELY
stempniaksen
tim1_2
16 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 7]

61Ottawa without Mr. Anderson - Page 5 Empty Re: Ottawa without Mr. Anderson Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:08 am

Hoags

All-Star
All-Star

NEELY wrote:Wow this thread got sad quick.

Not much to discuss until we know who starts tomorrow. They're hitting the ice now so we may know this morning.

62Ottawa without Mr. Anderson - Page 5 Empty Re: Ottawa without Mr. Anderson Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:16 am

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

No chance of us asking SJ to put Nittymaki on re-entry?

63Ottawa without Mr. Anderson - Page 5 Empty Re: Ottawa without Mr. Anderson Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:17 am

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

That's another interesting debate...Better to start Auld vs Boston and Lehner versus NYI?

I'd almost like to toss Lehner right in against Boston...don't give him time to think about anything, just get him right in there and show confidence in him. If he plays well, give him the back to back against the Isles...if not, give him a break.

64Ottawa without Mr. Anderson - Page 5 Empty Re: Ottawa without Mr. Anderson Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:19 am

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

Unless Auld's career stats are awful against Boston I don't think MacLean will toss Lehner in against the defending SC champs. May depend on how they look in practice as well.

Lehner got his first NHL win against NYI so they may let him start on Sunday.

65Ottawa without Mr. Anderson - Page 5 Empty Re: Ottawa without Mr. Anderson Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:20 am

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Auld is ready for the game on Saturday already... you give him that one. You go with what the Sens are framilar with right now and hopefully they go into the game and play their game with their current goaltender. Auld's job is to come in on short notice and play well, this is failry short notice.

Giving Lehner a couple of days to get into Ottawa, get settled, and see a game from the bench before NYI is probably the right move as well. It's very much a no-pressure kind of game and he's played them 2 times in the past already, this will be number 3 so it's a team he has beaten and is comfortable against.

66Ottawa without Mr. Anderson - Page 5 Empty Re: Ottawa without Mr. Anderson Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:20 am

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

tim1_2 wrote:That's another interesting debate...Better to start Auld vs Boston and Lehner versus NYI?

I'd almost like to toss Lehner right in against Boston...don't give him time to think about anything, just get him right in there and show confidence in him. If he plays well, give him the back to back against the Isles...if not, give him a break.

I thought that too, but what does that say about Auld? I honestly don't think they can go wrong with starting either goalie but it'd be nice to start Auld against Boston as he's the veteran and shows nothing will just be handed to Lehner.

67Ottawa without Mr. Anderson - Page 5 Empty Re: Ottawa without Mr. Anderson Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:20 am

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:
Hoags wrote:
NEELY wrote:
Same guy that said Anderson would be a disater in Ottawa? Same guy that said Emery was going to be lights out coming back from the hip?

He's a bitter Avs fan in Colorado, even then I don't recall him saying Anderson will be a disaster just that we should have a better #2 than Auld to challenge him, which is true.

he siad it last year after he was traded. Anyways, that guy has little credibility.

Way more credible than anyone here. He's usually bang on. A little nutty but bang on. He said Anderson is the streakiest goalie in the league, and he is right.

68Ottawa without Mr. Anderson - Page 5 Empty Re: Ottawa without Mr. Anderson Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:23 am

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

What the hell is the point of these threads when Mr. "Only shows up when team is winning" comes in and acts like a huge homer absolutely deflecting any criticism put on any of the Sens players?

69Ottawa without Mr. Anderson - Page 5 Empty Re: Ottawa without Mr. Anderson Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:26 am

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Actually I have been back for basically 1 day posting this much. Has nothing to do with winning or losing but nice little leap you made there.

70Ottawa without Mr. Anderson - Page 5 Empty Re: Ottawa without Mr. Anderson Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:53 am

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

Murray: Better news on Anderson today. Could be back on ice next week, but no timetable for return to play. Cut tendon in finger. #Sens

https://twitter.com/#!/Steve_Lloyd/status/173087892451753985

Looks like the news is better rather than worse ?

71Ottawa without Mr. Anderson - Page 5 Empty Re: Ottawa without Mr. Anderson Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:59 am

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Probably 3 weeks if he's back on the ice next week. Ride it out, this is good for the team long term if anything.

72Ottawa without Mr. Anderson - Page 5 Empty Re: Ottawa without Mr. Anderson Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:01 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Could be back on ice next week.

Steve Lloyd @Steve_Lloyd

Murray: Better news on Anderson today. Could be back on ice next week, but no timetable for return to play. Cut tendon in finger. #Sens

I hope he didn't mean icing down his hand because it's swollen to double its normal size.

Edit: I guess I'm a little late with the "news". Damn work getting in the way!

73Ottawa without Mr. Anderson - Page 5 Empty Re: Ottawa without Mr. Anderson Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:05 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

tim1_2 wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:Would you believe I've never been to the new IKEA despite living a mere 10 minutes away by car???? Vertigo

Yeah, I haven't been yet either. I actually made it a personal goal of mine to NEVER go. Yet another failure.

We're mattress shopping, so if it wasn't something I'd be spending so much time on, I would usually just trust my wife's judgement.

Just go to sleep country - Why buy a mattress anywhere else? Sarcasm

74Ottawa without Mr. Anderson - Page 5 Empty Re: Ottawa without Mr. Anderson Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:09 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Hoags wrote:

Apparently it's his "small" finger as well, so less important than a "big" finger. And it's on his blocker hand...as long as he can grip his stick, this shouldn't (hopefully) affect his confidence going forward.

Or, we can trade Karlsson, Spezza, and a 1st for Rask and Schneider, just for insurance.

75Ottawa without Mr. Anderson - Page 5 Empty Re: Ottawa without Mr. Anderson Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:36 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Big Ev wrote:What the hell is the point of these threads when Mr. "Only shows up when team is winning" comes in and acts like a huge homer absolutely deflecting any criticism put on any of the Sens players?

Come on man...we want/need all the good posters we have. If he's back, he's back, that's more good hockey talk.

76Ottawa without Mr. Anderson - Page 5 Empty Re: Ottawa without Mr. Anderson Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:44 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Haha yah, not like I have work, school, and just bought a house... I forgot I should live on a blog, lol.

77Ottawa without Mr. Anderson - Page 5 Empty Re: Ottawa without Mr. Anderson Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:45 pm

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

Auld gets the start against Boston FingersCrossed

78Ottawa without Mr. Anderson - Page 5 Empty Re: Ottawa without Mr. Anderson Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:47 pm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

tim1_2 wrote:
Hoags wrote:

Apparently it's his "small" finger as well, so less important than a "big" finger. And it's on his blocker hand...as long as he can grip his stick, this shouldn't (hopefully) affect his confidence going forward.

Or, we can trade Karlsson, Spezza, and a 1st for Rask and Schneider, just for insurance.

If his tendon coiled like Strach's, I can't imagine he'll be gripping any sticks for the next little while.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 7]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum