GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Game Day: Sens @ Ducks, Saturday, January 21, 2012 @ 4PM

+15
beerandsens
LethalLehner
NEELY
KidKarlsson
sandysensfan
PTFlea
wprager
spader
shabbs
SeawaySensFan
rooneypoo
Number Twenty Nine
tim1_2
SensHulk
Riprock
19 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down  Message [Page 6 of 9]

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Doh. 2-0 Ducks after 2. Karlsson with an own goal. Eeek.

Let's get it all back in the 3rd boys! C'mon!

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Flo The Action wrote:did karlsson just did that? Facepalm

It would have gone wide if Anderson didn't tip it with his shoulder on the way down. Stupid/lucky play all around. Like Dean mentioned, perhaps that penalty to Michalek was on Karlsson's mind when he batted it with his stick instead of swatting it away with his glove.

Interesting point, though, when a stick makes contact with the puck above the shoulders, it's a high stick and play is dead when a team mate touches it. Well, it touched Anderson, and it was not incidental -- he lifted his shoulder up to play the puck.

spader

All-Star
All-Star

shabbs wrote:Doh. 2-0 Ducks after 2. Karlsson with an own goal. Eeek.

#tph? Nod

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Shots are 21-19 for ANA.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

spader wrote:Not a great period for the Sens. The Ducks are playing a disciplined game and waiting for chances. Sens need to turn up the heat.

Yeah,the Ducks are playing a good road game. The Sens are playing a bad one.

The Karlsson own-goal was just bad luck. On the Perry goal I'm not sure whom to blame. Kuba, for sure, played it very poorly, no hustle at all. Brennan said Karlsson made a bad decision but if Kuba hustled he shoots the puck behind the net and that is exactly where Karlsson was going. I don't think Karlsson made a bad decision, although he certainly made a decision based on an expectation that Kuba would play it better than that. However, regardless of how it came to be, Perry was standing at the top of the crease alone, and that's got to be on Spezza, no?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

spader wrote:

#tph? Nod

Third Period ... hattrick?
The Pesky ... Hens?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

FYI:

[quote]67.2 Minor Penalty – Player - A player shall be permitted to catch the puck out of the air but must immediately place it or knock it down to the ice. If he catches it and skates with it, either to avoid a check or to gain a territorial advantage over his opponent, a minor penalty shall be assessed for “closing his hand on the puck”.[/.quote]

In my opinion, although it was not instantaneous, Michalek was clearly making a motion with his arm to toss the puck into the corner. He did not "skate with it" as he got cross-checked from behind almost immediately.

Even if the ref interpreted this as not immediately putting the puck down, there should have been a cross-checking penalty for the hit from behind.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Weird stat. Parros and Bell had 2:20 ice time in the first period, each. After two periods, each has 4:20 ice time. Are they conjoined or something? Exact same ice time for two players, in two periods.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:
spader wrote:

#tph? Nod

Third Period ... hattrick heroics?
The Pesky ... Hens?

fyp

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

NEIL = WIN!!!

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:NEIL = WIN!!!
Picks up his own rebound and scores in his 700th game!

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

2-1 final. Not the Sens best game. Ducks played well. Anderson was huge as he kept the Sens in the game late.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Bah.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

spader wrote:2-1 final. Not the Sens best game. Ducks played well. Anderson was huge as he kept the Sens in the game late.

Could be jet lag caught up to them, or the "late" afternoon game (it was still 4PM for them), or maybe they were enjoying the warm weather a bit too much, or that Smith and Daugavins were not 100% (plus maybe a few others).

Bottom line, they played a very hot Anaheim team (6-0-1 in their last 7), were sluggish at the start, and it took a fluke goal to beat them.

Regroup, rest up, play better in LA.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:
spader wrote:2-1 final. Not the Sens best game. Ducks played well. Anderson was huge as he kept the Sens in the game late.

Could be jet lag caught up to them, or the "late" afternoon game (it was still 4PM for them), or maybe they were enjoying the warm weather a bit too much, or that Smith and Daugavins were not 100% (plus maybe a few others).

Bottom line, they played a very hot Anaheim team (6-0-1 in their last 7), were sluggish at the start, and it took a fluke goal to beat them.

I thought they started well, but sagged in the second period. The Ducks blocked a ton of shots, but the Sens put a lot of pucks at the net.

Hopefully, they use this loss to drive them forward against the Kings.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

ian_mendes Ian Mendes
Refs informed Erik Karlsson that he is a diver - hence no call late in game. MacLean is furious with that label.

I'd be furious, too. He's a lightweight, sure. But a dive?

Also, did a referee just admit that he did not make a tripping call *solely* because of the reputation of the player? He did not assess the play on the merits of the play itself?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

spader wrote:
wprager wrote:

I thought they started well, but sagged in the second period. The Ducks blocked a ton of shots, but the Sens put a lot of pucks at the net.

Hopefully, they use this loss to drive them forward against the Kings.

Both teams were very slow in the 1st.

On the bright side, Andy didn't have to face 30+ shots for the first time in a while. Only 29.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I missed it at the time, but how was that call on Condra with 5 minutes to go? Was his trip worse than the one that didn't get called on Karlsson?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 9]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum