GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Game Day: Sens @ Ducks, Saturday, January 21, 2012 @ 4PM

+15
beerandsens
LethalLehner
NEELY
KidKarlsson
sandysensfan
PTFlea
wprager
spader
shabbs
SeawaySensFan
rooneypoo
Number Twenty Nine
tim1_2
SensHulk
Riprock
19 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 9]

Riprock

All-Star
All-Star

shabbs wrote:Pre-Game Beers On Ice?

Awwwwwwwwwwwww yyyyyyyyyyeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhh!!!!

Don't leave them in too long Ahhhhh!

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

tim1_2 wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:I will have to look into that, long term. Of course, if I end up living in the states, I'm just going to get NHL Centre Ice (the online version). Great for out of market cities.

I don't think I'm ever going back to cable/satellite. I just got hooked up to over-the-air HD and it's sickening how superior it is to anything coming in on a wire. As far as sports go, if I'm going to pay, it'll be GameCentre for sure. Best thing going.

I agree that GameCentre is awesome. My buddy who works for the Sens gets a free subscription to that, and I was at his place the other day and he was using it, through his laptop, to stream games to his TV. The picture quality was great (HD), you had a choice between the home or away broadcast, and all the summary/highlight videos of games that had ended were well-done.

Quite amazing actually.
They need to come up with GameCenter on a Team by Team basis. Put together a package for just Sens games at a good price. I don't want to have to get every single game, just my team's games.

Same for NHL CI. Give me a the choice to choose NHL CI for just the Sens, for the season.

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

shabbs wrote:They need to come up with GameCenter on a Team by Team basis. Put together a package for just Sens games at a good price. I don't want to have to get every single game, just my team's games.

GameCenter currently costs $120, which seems REALLY reasonable. Even $120 for just the Sens games works out to about $1.50 each.

I think this might be a promo price now that the season is half over, though? Anyone know if it's always this cheap?

https://gamecenter.nhl.com/nhlgc/secure/gclsignup?cmpid=gcl-google-sem&gclid=CJXl96qc360CFecEQAodPEaUIA

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Riprock wrote:I don't get how if you get CBC-O over the air, you get it in HD (of course) but you can't get CBC-O in HD on Bell?

Because Bell and their TelCo buddies have been buggering consumers for years. :rp:

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Ducks have recalled Mark Bell from the Syracuse Crunch.

Let's do this!!!!!

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Watch out, Alfie! Ahhhhh! Keep your head up!

Is it too late for the Sens to retaliate, by the way? Statute of limitations?

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Riprock wrote:Watch out, Alfie! Ahhhhh! Keep your head up!

Diddle that, he is THE ALFIE. NO ONE diddles WITH THE ALFIE.

Neil should go-him.

Edit: Plenty of milestones for the #Sens this week: Alfredsson's next game will be the 1,100th of his career, while Neil's next is game 700th. - per Sens official Twitter account.

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

tim1_2 wrote:
shabbs wrote:They need to come up with GameCenter on a Team by Team basis. Put together a package for just Sens games at a good price. I don't want to have to get every single game, just my team's games.

GameCenter currently costs $120, which seems REALLY reasonable. Even $120 for just the Sens games works out to about $1.50 each.

I think this might be a promo price now that the season is half over, though? Anyone know if it's always this cheap?

https://gamecenter.nhl.com/nhlgc/secure/gclsignup?cmpid=gcl-google-sem&gclid=CJXl96qc360CFecEQAodPEaUIA

Isn't Game Center region-specific? Like NHL Center Ice? I.e., it'll show you every game, but not games broadcast in your area -- those get blacked out. That's how Center Ice works, anyway -- if you live in Ottawa and only want to see OTT games, you don't get Center Ice, you get a sports package. I bought Center Ice for years when I was with Bell.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

rooneypoo wrote:
Isn't Game Center region-specific? Like NHL Center Ice? I.e., it'll show you every game, but not games broadcast in your area -- those get blacked out. That's how Center Ice works, anyway -- if you live in Ottawa and only want to see OTT games, you don't get Center Ice, you get a sports package. I bought Center Ice for years when I was with Bell.

Yeah, but you just do that thing where you make it look like your IP address is originating somewhere out-of-market...like Thunder Bay (talk about middle of Cussing nowhere) or something. You can tell I'm technically-inclined by the use of jargon, such as "IP address" and "Thunder Bay".

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

tim1_2 wrote:
Riprock wrote:Watch out, Alfie! Ahhhhh! Keep your head up!

Diddle that, he is THE ALFIE. NO ONE diddles WITH THE ALFIE.
Game Day: Sens @ Ducks, Saturday, January 21, 2012 @ 4PM - Page 2 Jesus_quintana

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

tim1_2 wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:

Yeah, but you just do that thing where you make it look like your IP address is originating somewhere out-of-market...like Thunder Bay (talk about middle of Cussing nowhere) or something. You can tell I'm technically-inclined by the use of jargon, such as "IP address" and "Thunder Bay".
Laugh1

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SeawaySensFan wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:I will have to look into that, long term. Of course, if I end up living in the states, I'm just going to get NHL Centre Ice (the online version). Great for out of market cities.

I don't think I'm ever going back to cable/satellite. I just got hooked up to over-the-air HD and it's sickening how superior it is to anything coming in on a wire. As far as sports go, if I'm going to pay, it'll be GameCentre for sure. Best thing going.

Yeah, but it sucks for those of us who live in areas like Ottawa. Not only do you save not having to pay Robbers, but you also don't get dinged with the LPIF.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

rooneypoo wrote:If anyone can find a stream, I would be super grateful. I'm going to be in New Orleans this weekend, and something tells me they won't be showing an afternoon clash between ANA & OTT on the TVs down on Bourbon Street. Smile

Dude...I don't say this often, but...you can probably miss this game and go see some ta-tas shows on Bourbon Street.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

SpezDispenser wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:If anyone can find a stream, I would be super grateful. I'm going to be in New Orleans this weekend, and something tells me they won't be showing an afternoon clash between ANA & OTT on the TVs down on Bourbon Street. Smile

Dude...I don't say this often, but...you can probably miss this game and go see some ta-tas shows on Bourbon Street.
Rooney... Ducks... Parros... Sens...

C'mon now... you know he's not missing this game.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

shabbs wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:

Yeah, ta-ta "ta-tas" and hello Parros.

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

tim1_2 wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:

I'm actually from a town near Thunder Bay, and much smaller than it. TB was "the big town" for me growing up -- that, and the Sault. Laugh1

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:

The last time I missed a game, it was Valentine's Day 2-3 years ago. OTT went down 3-0 early & then stormed back for the 4-3 victory. I hate missing games. As a rule, I don't miss any, and I don't ever stop watching a game or fast forward or anything.

I'm PVR'ing them all while I'm away, obviously, but that leaves me with 3 games to catch up on -- thankfully, it's the all-star break after that, tho', so it shouldn't be a big deal to get caught up. There are times, however, when I"m 2-3 games behind & that means I can't check scores or anything for a long time. Makes managing my hockey pools a little dicey. Laugh1

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:
shabbs wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:

Yeah, ta-ta "ta-tas" and hello Parros.

Or Parros, & then ta-tas. I'm cool like that -- I can do both. Nod

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 9]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum