GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Game Day: Sens @ Ducks, Saturday, January 21, 2012 @ 4PM

+15
beerandsens
LethalLehner
NEELY
KidKarlsson
sandysensfan
PTFlea
wprager
spader
shabbs
SeawaySensFan
rooneypoo
Number Twenty Nine
tim1_2
SensHulk
Riprock
19 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 9]

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

wprager wrote:
Michallica wrote:hmm wonder if konopka comes out then for DaCosta? I guess they want to give DaCosta some games too.

I think Konopka should stay in for Bell Smile They were teammates a couple of seasons, but that was then, this is now, and now is the time.
Game Day: Sens @ Ducks, Saturday, January 21, 2012 @ 4PM - Page 4 Now-is-the-time

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

I keep trying and trying. Can't seem to click there. I think the Internet is broken.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

NEELY wrote:Hopefulyl Borowiecki gets into the lineup again tomorrow night... that guy looked like he belonged in the NHL in eveyr single way. Smart, agressive, and mistake free hockey. I liked him as a prospect but I really had no idea he was that good of a player.

Yeah, I was very impressed as well.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

GAME DAY!!!

GO SENS GO!!!

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

It's game day, game day ...
Anderson's 12th straight start day
Borwiecki's looking for his first A, first A

OK, all lyrics aside, this will be Anderson's 12th straight start, his 43rd start and 45th game of the season (he replaced Auld twice; Auld repaid the favor once). As this is the team's 50th game, Anderson is on pace for 71 starts and 74 game appearances. And if he continues playing as well as he has since getting his sty surgically removed, those totals will be even higher.

NHL record is 79 game appearances by Grant Fuhr. He also started 76 straight games that year. Wow, I didn't know that Auld playing for the Blues back in '95-96. Sarcasm

I don't think that's a record that will ever be tied or broken. Not with random drug testing in place.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

By the way, can anyone believe the move by the Ducks to bring up Bell? This guy hasn't played a game in the NHL since two days after he put Alfredsson out of the playoffs four years ago. He's got 13 points in 32 games in Syracuse, and is -11. Clearly he's not being promoted on merit. Are they doing it to intimidate Alfredsson and the Sens? Would Boudreau do something like that? Or maybeBoudreau is old-school and thinks Bell never got what he deserved, so this is an opportunity for the Sens to set things right? Or maybe just an attempt by Fat B*st*rd to get the Sens off their game plan by putting an obvious target in their sights?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

If the AHL outdoor game runs past 4PM the start of the Sens game will be shown on SNet-Sens (500 on Rogers in Ottawa).

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:By the way, can anyone believe the move by the Ducks to bring up Bell? This guy hasn't played a game in the NHL since two days after he put Alfredsson out of the playoffs four years ago. He's got 13 points in 32 games in Syracuse, and is -11. Clearly he's not being promoted on merit. Are they doing it to intimidate Alfredsson and the Sens? Would Boudreau do something like that? Or maybeBoudreau is old-school and thinks Bell never got what he deserved, so this is an opportunity for the Sens to set things right? Or maybe just an attempt by Fat B*st*rd to get the Sens off their game plan by putting an obvious target in their sights?

Nope, you are probably right on all accounts. Seems very peculiar to me. Only non-mentioned possible reason could be to add size.

But it could very well be a goon move, hoping he takes a run at a star player.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

I wondered if the Ducks were working an angle. Bell played one more NHL game after that hit on Alfie and has not played since.

Very odd timing. Very odd.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

shabbs wrote:I wondered if the Ducks were working an angle. Bell played one more NHL game after that hit on Alfie and has not played since.

I guess we'll find out what happens in only 4 short hours.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

shabbs wrote:I wondered if the Ducks were working an angle. Bell played one more NHL game after that hit on Alfie and has not played since.

It really is odd. If the opportunity presents itself, we should do Bell a favour and put him on the LONG term IR so he still gets paid NHL salary. I mean....LONG term.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:

It really is odd. If the opportunity presents itself, we should do Bell a favour and put him on the LONG term IR so he still gets paid NHL salary. I mean....LONG term.

I feel the same way about pretty much every player opposing the Senators.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

We could do Colton Orr a favor. The Leafs only have to bring him in for one game, he fights Carkner, gets a concussion and misses the next 21 games, getting his pension in the process.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Well, I don't want them to be looking to do that, but if things do get rough, they gotta stand up and not back down. They've been good at doing that this year... continue to send the message.

#nobodyfuckswiththejesus

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

shabbs wrote:Well, I don't want them to be looking to do that, but if things do get rough, they gotta stand up and not back down. They've been good at doing that this year... continue to send the message.

#nobodyfuckswiththejesus

And you call yourself a Sens fan? Pfft. Wink

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Joy tweets that Petersson gets a start; Mendes tweets that Daug and Smith will both play. So who sits?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Butler scratched.

OK, to summarize, Petersson replaces Butler, Carkner replaces Borowiecki. No other lineup changes.

LethalLehner

LethalLehner
Sophomore
Sophomore

I am trying to watch the game on the Sportsnet HD feed. I have volume but no pic. Anyone else have this problem?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 9]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum