GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

+24
Tuk Tuk
LeCaptain
Hobiesens
asq2
Flo The Action
rooneypoo
Number Twenty Nine
SensGirl11
TheAvatar
dennycrane
Hoags
SensHulk
ddt
NEELY
Ev
cash
PTFlea
Cap'n Clutch
SeawaySensFan
tim1_2
Riprock
wprager
spader
shabbs
28 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 51 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 35 of 67]

spader

All-Star
All-Star

shabbs wrote:Chara takes a puck to the face and goes down... Habs fans cheer... now that is classy.

Holy crap.
Facepalm

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Hopefully the Oilers get it down tonight versus the Leafs.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

spader wrote:
shabbs wrote:Chara takes a puck to the face and goes down... Habs fans cheer... now that is classy.

Holy crap.
Facepalm

He got an assist on the 3rd goal. Was that after?

P.S. Why were they shooting that high?

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

That was a strange one... not sure what's up. These guys don't like each other. Marchand submarined a Habs player right at the end of the 2nd too... gonna be a nasty 3rd. B's up 301.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

shabbs wrote:That was a strange one... not sure what's up. These guys don't like each other. Marchand submarined a Habs player right at the end of the 2nd too... gonna be a nasty 3rd. B's up 301.

Was it Shanban-worthy?

Hobiesens

Hobiesens
Sophomore
Sophomore

Montreal is making a game of it, 2 in the third to tie it and now on to the shoot out.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Hobiesens wrote:Montreal is making a game of it, 2 in the third to tie it and now on to the shoot out.

If Habs win then we're just 3 back of the Brunis.

Imagine if we had won that game against Edmonton? Imagine if that Alfredsson goal was not waived off?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Dangit, Habs lose.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Leafs won, boooourns. The Caps also have 4 games at hand on us, but they are 7 pts back.

At this point, it looks like a pretty sure bet that it's a race now between the Sens, Leafs, and Caps for the last two playoff berths. I don't think we have too much hope of moving up.

We play the Caps at home next Wednesday. That's gonna be huge.

stempniaksen

stempniaksen
Veteran
Veteran

tim1_2 wrote:Leafs won, boooourns. The Caps also have 4 games at hand on us, but they are 7 pts back.

At this point, it looks like a pretty sure bet that it's a race now between the Sens, Leafs, and Caps for the last two playoff berths. I don't think we have too much hope of moving up.

I wouldn't count out the Panthers either, the Caps are only four points back and I'm sure they play each other at least once more down the stretch. But your point remains that it's down to Ottawa, Toronto and Florida/Washington for the last three spots. The rest of the spots look locked up as of now.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

stempniaksen wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:Leafs won, boooourns. The Caps also have 4 games at hand on us, but they are 7 pts back.

I wouldn't count out the Panthers either, the Caps are only four points back and I'm sure they play each other at least once more down the stretch. But your point remains that it's down to Ottawa, Toronto and Florida/Washington for the last three spots. The rest of the spots look locked up as of now.

I don't understand. Or, perhaps you don't.

We are just 1 points back of the Flyers and Penguins, and just 1 point back of the Devils. Those teams are all in the same Division and there *will be* points lost when they play each other. Games in hand or not, I am pretty sure we will pass*one* of those teams before too long, as long as we continue playing the way we have for most of the season.

Also, don't forget that we are just 4 back of Boston. Have you *seen* their schedule in March? The *will* drop games.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Catching Boston is a bit of a pipe dream Prages. You do realise we play Boston twice this month and have yet to figure that team out?

If we lose those two games, all things being equal, we're then 8 points back and they have 5 games in hand.

stempniaksen

stempniaksen
Veteran
Veteran

wprager wrote:
stempniaksen wrote:

I don't understand. Or, perhaps you don't.

We are just 1 points back of the Flyers and Penguins, and just 1 point back of the Devils. Those teams are all in the same Division and there *will be* points lost when they play each other. Games in hand or not, I am pretty sure we will pass*one* of those teams before too long, as long as we continue playing the way we have for most of the season.

Also, don't forget that we are just 4 back of Boston. Have you *seen* their schedule in March? The *will* drop games.

http://www.sportsclubstats.com/NHL_ChanceWillMakePlayoffs.html

This is a much better indicator of the standings, imo. As such, it will be extremely tough to catch any of the top-six teams. Not impossible at all, but it will be a tough road.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I like those odds...

One of Washington or Florida will be our main competitor with Wash having 4 games inhand. Go Caps opponents!

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Who knew? Sarcasm

http://www.ottawasun.com/2012/02/13/downtown-buffalo-has-character-and-class

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

We're not catching Boston - we're playing them in Round 1 Ahhhhh!

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Big Ev wrote:We're not catching Boston - we're playing them in Round 1 Ahhhhh!

Or if we're really lucky we catch 6th place. :help:

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
Big Ev wrote:We're not catching Boston - we're playing them in Round 1 Ahhhhh!

Or if we're really lucky we catch 6th place. :help:

Hope so. We'd have no problem beating the Panthers.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 35 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 51 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum