GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

+24
Tuk Tuk
LeCaptain
Hobiesens
asq2
Flo The Action
rooneypoo
Number Twenty Nine
SensGirl11
TheAvatar
dennycrane
Hoags
SensHulk
ddt
NEELY
Ev
cash
PTFlea
Cap'n Clutch
SeawaySensFan
tim1_2
Riprock
wprager
spader
shabbs
28 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 27 ... 50, 51, 52 ... 59 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 51 of 67]

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Judging from the frenzy on Twitter, and Brown's usefulness, I'm guessing the market will be pretty intense for him, which would leave us on the outside looking in. It is too bad, as his contract is really reasonable ($3.175M), and he can score 25ish goals a year on the right or left wing. A really versatile guy who obviously has leadership skills and can play a physical game.

Yeah, we likely can't afford the asking price, especially if that included Cowen.

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

rooneypoo wrote:
Hoags wrote:Dreger says rumored asking price for Brown is:

A quality young d-man and solid secondary scorer part of what might land Brown. He's worth it

BobMac says Kings don't like him as captain, probably want to give the C to Richards.

Teams that are interested:

BOS, BUF, EDM, NJD, NYR, PHI, TOR, VAN

So I guess we're out.

Karlsson and Cowen are, obviously, non-starters. So unless Lee or Gryba or Boro or Carkner count as 'quality young D,' I don't see how we can be in on this.

Too bad, really. Brown is the kind of guy I would happily move a 1st + a good young guy -- probably any player other than Zibanejad. But if it's D they're looking for, well, we already tapped into that wealth when we traded Runblad for Turris.

Dreger is only saying "A quality young d-man and solid secondary scorer" because that's basically all the Leafs have. If Ottawa gave up a quality older D-Man (Gonchar) and a young solid secondary scorer (Foligno) that would basically be the same thing.

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Games to keep an eye on tonight...
- Canucks @ Devils - Jersey 2 points up on the Sens and sitting in 4th with 3 games in hand
- Habs @ Caps - a Caps win will push them to 9th, and push the Leafs to 10th
- Bruins @ Sabres - B's 2 points up on the Sens and sitting in 2nd with 4 games in hand.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Man, if you're a Vancouver fan, how bad would you like to see Brown in a 'Nucks jersey?

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SeawaySensFan wrote:Dreger is only saying "A quality young d-man and solid secondary scorer" because that's basically all the Leafs have. If Ottawa gave up a quality older D-Man (Gonchar) and a young solid secondary scorer (Foligno) that would basically be the same thing.

And right on cue, from LeBrun on Twitter:
--
My guess is that the Leafs would be willing to move Luke Schenn in a straight swap for Dustin Brown but Kings will want more.
--

HAAHAHAHA. God, I am sick of hearing Toronto mentioned as "interested" in any player rumoured to be available...but I get why it happens. Also, Schenn has become to the Leafs what Foligno has become to the Sens: Trade bait used in every possible fantasy trade made by fans.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Man... no one wants Schenn or Kadri in any trade these days. Leafs have nothing to offer except for Gardiner, and they don't want to move him.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

tim1_2 wrote:
--
My guess is that the Leafs would be willing to move Luke Schenn in a straight swap for Dustin Brown but Kings will want more.

Gotta cater to the Laffs fanbase on twitter.

I am still laughing at the guy from FAN590 who was claiming on twitter a month ago that Jake Gardiner is better than Karlsson and should've been drafted ahead of him.

I mean there's overrating your players and then there's ... whatever you call this.

edit:

Kings would probably do it if it was Schenn and Matt Frattin for Brown... Likely too rich for Leafs

WTF is Matt Frattin ?? Laugh1

Last edited by Hoags on Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:54 am; edited 1 time in total

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Hoags wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:
--

Gotta cater to the Laffs fanbase on twitter.

I am still laughing at the guy from FAN590 who was claiming on twitter a month ago that Jake Gardiner is better than Karlsson and should've been drafted ahead of him.

I mean there's overrating your players and then there's ... whatever you call this.
It's called the Blue Kool-Aid.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:Dreger is only saying "A quality young d-man and solid secondary scorer" because that's basically all the Leafs have. If Ottawa gave up a quality older D-Man (Gonchar) and a young solid secondary scorer (Foligno) that would basically be the same thing.

And right on cue, from LeBrun on Twitter:
--
--

HAAHAHAHA. God, I am sick of hearing Toronto mentioned as "interested" in any player rumoured to be available...but I get why it happens. Also, Schenn has become to the Leafs what Foligno has become to the Sens: Trade bait used in every possible fantasy trade made by fans.

Foligno is a pretty credible option. He actually has more points than Brownie right now.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Kings host the Hawks on Saturday night. Will be interesting to see how much they miss JJ in the back end and if Carter can re-discover his scoring touch. Big gamble... will it pay off? Stay tuned...

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

SeawaySensFan wrote:
Foligno is a pretty credible option. He actually has more points than Brownie right now.

He's been ice cold the last while and 4 of his goals are empty-netters .....

Streaky Foligno is still streaky ... news at 11.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

Will Subban be as good as Karlsson?

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1115229

Hilarious ! Laughing3

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Hoags wrote:Will Subban be as good as Karlsson?

Hilarious ! Laughing3
Some of those comments are unbelievable. #delusionaljealoushabsfans

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Habs are in great shape when you consider that both Subban and Markov are better than Karlsson.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

SeawaySensFan wrote:Habs are in great shape when you consider that both Subban and Markov are better than Karlsson.

With one good knee or two ? Sarcasm

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

shabbs wrote:

Hilarious ! Laughing3

This one was my fav:

Difficult question to answer, but what I can tell you is that I'd take Subban on my team over Karlsson 9 times out of 10. As much as I can't stand him, Karlsson is a wildly talented offensive defensemen, although it seems like 50% of his points are secondary assists on the PP. But Karlsson is an absolute pylon, we're talking like Letang/Gonchar style pylon-ary, and he's small. So if Karlsson ends up being a consistent 60 point defenseman, and Subban ends up being a consistent 45 point defenseman, I'd take Subban based on physicality and defensive prowess.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

This is why I steer clear of HFBoards, or internet message boards in general, other than this one. You can't argue with these people, and it just drives you insane, and wastes your time.

The small # of people on this forum, and the fact that most of you (don't make me name names) seem to be somewhat logical beings capable of reason, keeps the insanity to a minimum.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

shabbs wrote:

Hilarious ! Laughing3

b ahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahaahhahahaha. Cussing morons, just like their management.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 51 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 27 ... 50, 51, 52 ... 59 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum