GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

+24
Tuk Tuk
LeCaptain
Hobiesens
asq2
Flo The Action
rooneypoo
Number Twenty Nine
SensGirl11
TheAvatar
dennycrane
Hoags
SensHulk
ddt
NEELY
Ev
cash
PTFlea
Cap'n Clutch
SeawaySensFan
tim1_2
Riprock
wprager
spader
shabbs
28 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 26 ... 49, 50, 51 ... 58 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 50 of 67]

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Jets are up 3-0 on TBay...

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

shabbs wrote:Jets are up 3-0 on TBay...
Make that 4-0...

sandysensfan

Veteran
Veteran

Leafs lost.... Winnipeg most likely wins... Winnipeg to 8th... Leafs to 9th... Their fans are going to be pissed.

Makes a bad day a little better.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

sandysensfan wrote:Leafs lost.... Winnipeg most likely wins... Winnipeg to 8th... Leafs to 9th... Their fans are going to be pissed.

Delicious.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

And a Wings loss for dessert.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

SeawaySensFan wrote:
sandysensfan wrote:Leafs lost.... Winnipeg most likely wins... Winnipeg to 8th... Leafs to 9th... Their fans are going to be pissed.

Delicious.

Winnipeg just won. Leafs get bumped.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ol' Bluey is now one point behind the Panther for 8th, but the Panthers have two games in hand. This is some nice news on the morning after "The Curse Of Pascal Leclaire" struck Matrix .

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

You mean Winnipeg to 3rd, Panthers to 8th, Leafs to 9th.

Welcome to the SE Division madness.

Wink

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

LOL just saw this about Carter:

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league - Page 50 Rh2OP

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Hoags wrote:LOL just saw this about Carter:
Good thing LA is a nice, small, quiet city with no drugs or hookers or distractions... or... oh... wait...

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

Dreger says rumored asking price for Brown is:

A quality young d-man and solid secondary scorer part of what might land Brown. He's worth it

BobMac says Kings don't like him as captain, probably want to give the C to Richards.

Teams that are interested:

BOS, BUF, EDM, NJD, NYR, PHI, TOR, VAN

So I guess we're out.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

shabbs wrote:
Hoags wrote:LOL just saw this about Carter:
Good thing LA is a nice, small, quiet city with no drugs or hookers or distractions... or... oh... wait...

Yeah, if you buy in to some of the rumours out of Philly, and these two were too much for even Philly to handle, you gotta wonder about reuniting them in LA. Kinda seems desperate, but maybe it'll work out. On the other hand, maybe it'll be an implosion of epic proportions. I'm just really glad I have no affinity for LA, because this would be hard on the nerves.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

I think Richards has already caused friction because now they're trading Brown away, probably to pave the way for Richards to get the C.

I can't see that ending well, Brown has been captain for a long time and has been there for years, and now Richards comes in and is getting the C ???

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

Hoags wrote:Dreger says rumored asking price for Brown is:

A quality young d-man and solid secondary scorer part of what might land Brown. He's worth it

BobMac says Kings don't like him as captain, probably want to give the C to Richards.

So I guess we're out.

Karlsson and Cowen are, obviously, non-starters. So unless Lee or Gryba or Boro or Carkner count as 'quality young D,' I don't see how we can be in on this.

Too bad, really. Brown is the kind of guy I would happily move a 1st + a good young guy -- probably any player other than Zibanejad. But if it's D they're looking for, well, we already tapped into that wealth when we traded Runblad for Turris.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

They won't move Brown, not at the deadline anyways.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Judging from the frenzy on Twitter, and Brown's usefulness, I'm guessing the market will be pretty intense for him, which would leave us on the outside looking in. It is too bad, as his contract is really reasonable ($3.175M), and he can score 25ish goals a year on the right or left wing. A really versatile guy who obviously has leadership skills and can play a physical game.

Yeah, we likely can't afford the asking price, especially if that included Cowen.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

rooneypoo wrote:
Hoags wrote:Dreger says rumored asking price for Brown is:

So I guess we're out.

Karlsson and Cowen are, obviously, non-starters. So unless Lee or Gryba or Boro or Carkner count as 'quality young D,' I don't see how we can be in on this.

Too bad, really. Brown is the kind of guy I would happily move a 1st + a good young guy -- probably any player other than Zibanejad. But if it's D they're looking for, well, we already tapped into that wealth when we traded Runblad for Turris.

Dreger is only saying "A quality young d-man and solid secondary scorer" because that's basically all the Leafs have. If Ottawa gave up a quality older D-Man (Gonchar) and a young solid secondary scorer (Foligno) that would basically be the same thing.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Games to keep an eye on tonight...
- Canucks @ Devils - Jersey 2 points up on the Sens and sitting in 4th with 3 games in hand
- Habs @ Caps - a Caps win will push them to 9th, and push the Leafs to 10th
- Bruins @ Sabres - B's 2 points up on the Sens and sitting in 2nd with 4 games in hand.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 50 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 26 ... 49, 50, 51 ... 58 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum