GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

+24
Tuk Tuk
LeCaptain
Hobiesens
asq2
Flo The Action
rooneypoo
Number Twenty Nine
SensGirl11
TheAvatar
dennycrane
Hoags
SensHulk
ddt
NEELY
Ev
cash
PTFlea
Cap'n Clutch
SeawaySensFan
tim1_2
Riprock
wprager
spader
shabbs
28 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 31 ... 58, 59, 60 ... 63 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 59 of 67]

spader

All-Star
All-Star

shabbs wrote:Dave Hodge with a beauty today...

"Ron Wilson thinking of using "robocalls" to send Leaf fans to the wrong rink."

Like a juicy steak, mid-rare, that quote.

spader

All-Star
All-Star

Leafs. Smile

Hoags

All-Star
All-Star

spader wrote:Leafs. Smile

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league - Page 59 Y8HLJ

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Hoags wrote:
spader wrote:Leafs. Smile

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league - Page 59 Y8HLJ

Almost time.

GolfingBanana

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Laugh1 pathetic. Go leafs

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Man... Leafs are free falling... lost 10 of their last 11 games.

I hear some Tom Petty...

Awww yeah.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

The Leafs played pretty hard against Chicago last night, but their defense and goaltending are just too inconsistent/weak. Schenn fought someone and all I could think was that's a huge benefit for Ol' Bluey, just not having him on the ice for 5 minutes. He's their "blue-chip" defenseman, and this is what it's come to. They don't have any prospects in the pipeline that are going to make an appreciable difference either.

It was hilarious listening to Burek on Deadline Day talking about how they've worked too hard to get the players they have to just trade them away for draft picks. So, with all the "hard work", they still aren't a playoff team, and are still unwilling to deal guys for picks.

I am SO thankful to not be a Leaf fan.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

tim1_2 wrote:The Leafs played pretty hard against Chicago last night, but their defense and goaltending are just too inconsistent/weak. Schenn fought someone and all I could think was that's a huge benefit for Ol' Bluey, just not having him on the ice for 5 minutes. He's their "blue-chip" defenseman, and this is what it's come to. They don't have any prospects in the pipeline that are going to make an appreciable difference either.

It was hilarious listening to Burek on Deadline Day talking about how they've worked too hard to get the players they have to just trade them away for draft picks. So, with all the "hard work", they still aren't a playoff team, and are still unwilling to deal guys for picks.

Seriously. Burke seems to think that, since he and his staff have done such an awful job, they can now just will the team to be better. As though, because Toronto fans "deserve" better, the product on the ice will just magically get better. There's a lot of kool-aid going around in Leafland.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Buffalo can pass the Leafs in the standings tonight with a win in San Jose.

Tampa Bay can do the same on Friday when they host the Rangers.

Leafs could find themselves in 12th place in the East come Saturday.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

spader wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:The Leafs played pretty hard against Chicago last night, but their defense and goaltending are just too inconsistent/weak. Schenn fought someone and all I could think was that's a huge benefit for Ol' Bluey, just not having him on the ice for 5 minutes. He's their "blue-chip" defenseman, and this is what it's come to. They don't have any prospects in the pipeline that are going to make an appreciable difference either.

Seriously. Burke seems to think that, since he and his staff have done such an awful job, they can now just will the team to be better. As though, because Toronto fans "deserve" better, the product on the ice will just magically get better. There's a lot of kool-aid going around in Leafland.

At what point do you realize that the current group just isn't good enough? Ottawa did that last year, and look where we are now.

When Burke (and other people) comes out and says they could've got first-rounders for Kulemin, Grabovski, MacArthur, etc…does he not realize how insane it seems to not have taken one or two of those first round picks?

At the deadline, Toronto had an outside shot at making the playoffs, but literally no hope of a Cup run, even if they squeaked into 8th. They don't have the talent, depth, or GOALTENDING to make a run. So Burke stood pat, made zero changes to the current team, and just crossed his fingers. "No plan" does not seem like a plan. Toronto could've got additional first round draft picks AND cleared cap space for next year with perhaps the goal of signing some quality free agents. Instead…they chose to ride with the same group that has done nothing but play poor to mediocre hockey for most of the past few seasons.

Toronto has one legitimate first line player in Kessel. They have ZERO legitimate top-pairing defensemen. They do not have a bonafide NHL starting goaltender, or a bonafide blue-chip goaltending prospect. They do not have an abundance of draft picks. They do not have an abundance of prospects. Until they decide to adopt SOME kind of "rebuild", they are stuck in mediocrity. It's just funny how they refuse to acknowledge this.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Burke when he was hired 4 years ago: "I don't believe in a 5-year rebuild plan."

Well, next season will be his 5th at GM of the Leafs...

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

shabbs wrote:Burke when he was hired 4 years ago: "I don't believe in a 5-year rebuild plan."

Ha, and judging by the standings, they haven't done much to rebuild in that time. What a joke. Laugh1

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

shabbs wrote:Burke when he was hired 4 years ago: "I don't believe in a 5-year rebuild plan."

So, he was not wrong, right?

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:

Well he wasn't kidding, he really does not believe in them.

Whatever he does believe in, isn't doing much to help them, I think the team was better under JFJ if I recall the numbers right.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

wprager wrote:

He certainly doesn't... but he may as well have, would probably be better off now. He was suggesting he could turn it around in less time... which is clearly not the case.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=389234

Saskatoon wants to bring a team to Saskatchewan.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Riprock wrote:http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=389234

Saskatoon wants to bring a team to Saskatchewan.
Yikes. The metropolitan area has 260,600 people. Not sure if that would work.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Habs have an early lead on Minny. 2-0 in the first. What happened to Minnesota? Sure, they were absolutely over achieving at the beginning of the season, but they've come down hard.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 59 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 31 ... 58, 59, 60 ... 63 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum