GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GDT - Penguins @ Senators, 7:30PM, Friday, December 16, 2011

+11
spader
wprager
LeCaptain
SeawaySensFan
Ev
PTFlea
tim1_2
shabbs
SensHulk
NEELY
Riprock
15 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down  Message [Page 6 of 6]

rooneypoo

All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:
Vandelay wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
Vandelay wrote:There's also still the Turris talk...they were saying last night they expect him gone at some point this weekend and Ottawa is a potential destination, along with Calgary...same old, same old I guess.
Not sure anyone outside of Lee is expendable on the blue line...let's keep in mind that last night was a bounce back game for Karlsson....he's looked atrocious without Kuba over this last stretch. Trading Gonchar doesn't make sense this early...unless someone comes to us with a nice package.

Not sure what to give here either. Apparently it's a roster player + 1st round pick - which is too much, we should absolutely not be giving up that 1st rounder unless it's part of a package for some like Parise, Ryan, someone already established and successful.

I still maintain too that if Regin regains his health and builds up some more strength, he'll be a damn good player. It'll be interesting to track Regin vs Turris in their careers.

I would do Regin for Turris straight up...Regin with his injury issues and Turris with apparent attitude issues seems fair...I know Turris is projected to be a real player but a hold out this early in his career is definitely a concern. Giving a first rounder for him straight up would be a risk at this point, especially with Murray and crew's drafting abilities. They were saying last night that Phoenix is looking for equal money deal...not sure where that puts us.

On paper, if that was offered, we do it right away, but I doubt they'd settle for less than Regin + 2nd rounder - and I'm hesitant, I don't really care what anyone says about Turris.

No sense worrying about this any more. Laugh1

Vandelay

Sophomore
Sophomore

cash wrote:no one wants to play in Phoenix.

How does wanting to play in a legit hockey market get such a bad response. He wants to play somewhere where the fans care and fans everywhere lambast the kid with ignorant (no offense) hate. It's nonsense.

Fair enough but if you're a GM, are you saying you don't bother to consider this recent contract dispute at all? You're going to place value based only on his limited play on the ice? I doubt you applied the same logic when Heatley demanded a trade.

cash

Sophomore
Sophomore

I was happy when he demanded a trade...didn't care about the reason, still don't.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

rooneypoo wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
Vandelay wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
Vandelay wrote:There's also still the Turris talk...they were saying last night they expect him gone at some point this weekend and Ottawa is a potential destination, along with Calgary...same old, same old I guess.
Not sure anyone outside of Lee is expendable on the blue line...let's keep in mind that last night was a bounce back game for Karlsson....he's looked atrocious without Kuba over this last stretch. Trading Gonchar doesn't make sense this early...unless someone comes to us with a nice package.

Not sure what to give here either. Apparently it's a roster player + 1st round pick - which is too much, we should absolutely not be giving up that 1st rounder unless it's part of a package for some like Parise, Ryan, someone already established and successful.

I still maintain too that if Regin regains his health and builds up some more strength, he'll be a damn good player. It'll be interesting to track Regin vs Turris in their careers.

I would do Regin for Turris straight up...Regin with his injury issues and Turris with apparent attitude issues seems fair...I know Turris is projected to be a real player but a hold out this early in his career is definitely a concern. Giving a first rounder for him straight up would be a risk at this point, especially with Murray and crew's drafting abilities. They were saying last night that Phoenix is looking for equal money deal...not sure where that puts us.

On paper, if that was offered, we do it right away, but I doubt they'd settle for less than Regin + 2nd rounder - and I'm hesitant, I don't really care what anyone says about Turris.

No sense worrying about this any more. Laugh1

Facepalm Can't believe we had to pay Rundblad + a 2nd. Doesn't compute. Matrix

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum