GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GDT - Penguins @ Senators, 7:30PM, Friday, December 16, 2011

+11
spader
wprager
LeCaptain
SeawaySensFan
Ev
PTFlea
tim1_2
shabbs
SensHulk
NEELY
Riprock
15 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 6]

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Big Ev wrote:
NEELY wrote:They won that game in spite of Auld for sure but it's good he got the win, there has to be a sense of relief there.

Spezza has been awesome his last 3 games. Cowen should 100% be a finalist for the Calder... depending on where RNH goes from here Cowen is in the running. Karlsson is Karlsson. Alfi looks good again. Ottawa came out of the toughest stretch of hockey without 3 of their top players pretty much at par. How can you not be happy going into Christmas if your a player or a fan?

Cowen pretty much has no chance if RNH goes even at a 0.7-0.8 PPG pace. The voters won't not pick the #1 overall pick who has made a ton of buzz. Cowen doesn't get as much fanfare. He'll get some votes though.

This is why I think they should do it like the NFL. Have one rookie of the year for forwards (NFL: offensive ROY) and one for defensemen (NFL: defensive ROY). Cowen and Larsson would be in the running for that one although Cowen has had a bigger impact as of the last month or so IMO.

Don't disagree with this at all... sucks because a guy like Cowen is just as valuable as a guy like RNH. In the playoffs, even more so. Anyways, RNH is a special player so w/e, Cowen should be the runner up at this point.

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I say keep Cowen with Karlsson when Kuba comes back. Put Kuba with Gonchar.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Big Ev wrote:I say keep Cowen with Karlsson when Kuba comes back. Put Kuba with Gonchar.

Or Rundblad, Kuba did wonders for Karlsson's game. That's the kind of partner he needs.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Sens trade a D man in the very short future in some sort of package.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Seriously, what's this with two knees against Foligno in two straight games?

Seriously, open season on Ottawa Senators players. I've been saying so for months.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

NEELY wrote:
wprager wrote:
NEELY wrote:They won that game in spite of Auld for sure but it's good he got the win, there has to be a sense of relief there.

Spezza has been awesome his last 3 games. Cowen should 100% be a finalist for the Calder... depending on where RNH goes from here Cowen is in the running. Karlsson is Karlsson. Alfi looks good again. Ottawa came out of the toughest stretch of hockey without 3 of their top players pretty much at par. How can you not be happy going into Christmas if your a player or a fan?

Well, as a fan, I'd like to see "Neo" play a few strong games in a row and Gonchar to get back in the lineup. I've got both in a pool so that may have a little to do with it.

Beggers can't be choosers.

Oh, I wasn't a beggar. I was definitely a chooser. Well, in the even rounds, anyway. My draft position in the odd rounds wasn't very exciting.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

wprager wrote:
NEELY wrote:
wprager wrote:

Well, as a fan, I'd like to see "Neo" play a few strong games in a row and Gonchar to get back in the lineup. I've got both in a pool so that may have a little to do with it.

Beggers can't be choosers.

Oh, I wasn't a beggar. I was definitely a chooser. Well, in the even rounds, anyway. My draft position in the odd rounds wasn't very exciting.

I meant Sens fans in general.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Cussing great game by The Sens. The Alfie, Spezz, Karlsson, Greening, etc etc...everyone looked great.

Auld was solid, not much he could've done on any of the goals that went in on him, but I'd expect some people to rag on him, because that's what happens when an Ottawa goalie lets in more than 2 goals, regardless of the fact that Pittsburgh had 36 shots and our defence has proven to be porous.

Anyway, I didn't come here to complain about anything (just had to point out the above after reading ridiculous comments). Very happy with the win, against a VERY tough opponent! 7th in the East now AND CLIMBING.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:Cussing great game by The Sens. The Alfie, Spezz, Karlsson, Greening, etc etc...everyone looked great.

Auld was solid, not much he could've done on any of the goals that went in on him, but I'd expect some people to rag on him, because that's what happens when an Ottawa goalie lets in more than 2 goals, regardless of the fact that Pittsburgh had 36 shots and our defence has proven to be porous.

Anyway, I didn't come here to complain about anything (just had to point out the above after reading ridiculous comments). Very happy with the win, against a VERY tough opponent! 7th in the East now AND CLIMBING.

we're actually 9th.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Just finishing watching it via PVR. Damn Cowen and Karlsson are so Cussing beautiful to watch, Cowen is such a good player already, it's a joy to watch this guy. Pre injury he was ranked 3rd or 4th in that draft and he's showing why.

Hopefully Foligno is okay, because that kid has arrived IMO.

Rundblad still needs work.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Big Ev wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:Cussing great game by The Sens. The Alfie, Spezz, Karlsson, Greening, etc etc...everyone looked great.

we're actually 9th.

I think we were in 7th for a few minutes. Then the Buffalo game and NJD games ended and they leapfrogged us.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Cowen awarded an assist on the final Spezza goal - ends the night with 1 goal, 3 assists, for 4 points and a +4 rating. Ridiculous! :spaz:

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

NEELY wrote:
wprager wrote:So much for Cowen being a defensive defenseman, eh? He's outscoring Karlsson. Well, so is Konopka. Seriously,though, this is getting ridiculous. Please Mr. MacLean, put Cowen and Karlsson out on the PP together so Erik can pay the left side and unleash a few one-timers.

Anyone who watched him pre-injury knew he wasn't. This was a guy that would have challenged Hedman for the number 2 spot in the draft. Hedman is no where near his level at this point either. Ottawa may have got the best player out of that draft... Tavares and Duchene are pretty awesome though so tough to say.

Either way, he has never been a defensive defenseman, he has always had an offensive flare.

A bit forgotten but Dmitry Kulikov is playing amazing too.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

spader wrote:
Big Ev wrote:

we're actually 9th.

I think we were in 7th for a few minutes. Then the Buffalo game and NJD games ended and they leapfrogged us.

We've also played 2-3 more games than most, so by tuesday I suspect it will be more like 11th.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I'm hoping that Rundblad can go through what made him successful earlier in the year with the coaches. He's not engaging physically the way he was earlier and he's hesitating slightly which is leading to brutal turnovers.

I think if he's to be successful you need to put him with Phillips on his natural right side and with a sturdy, defensive D-man. He also would need to see a lot of ice time - he played only 8 minutes tonight. If we can't do it now, we have to send him back when Gonchar or Kuba returns, he has a chance to be a killer on the 2nd pairing, so we need to handle this properly. He needs to play in Bingo - especially with Locke back, or he needs to play here, but he needs to study his deficiencies right now and fix things with the help of the coaching staff and Phillips.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

LeKid wrote:
spader wrote:
Big Ev wrote:

we're actually 9th.

We've also played 2-3 more games than most, so by tuesday I suspect it will be more like 11th.

Meh. I'm happy even if we just bounce in and out of playoff contention this year.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

We must be climbing the wrong way. 9th after New Jersey's game ended. Sarcasm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SpezDispenser wrote:I'm hoping that Rundblad can go through what made him successful earlier in the year with the coaches. He's not engaging physically the way he was earlier and he's hesitating slightly which is leading to brutal turnovers.

I think if he's to be successful you need to put him with Phillips on his natural right side and with a sturdy, defensive D-man. He also would need to see a lot of ice time - he played only 8 minutes tonight. If we can't do it now, we have to send him back when Gonchar or Kuba returns, he has a chance to be a killer on the 2nd pairing, so we need to handle this properly. He needs to play in Bingo - especially with Locke back, or he needs to play here, but he needs to study his deficiencies right now and fix things with the help of the coaching staff and Phillips.

There's a bit of talk starting about Gonchar to the Flyers. He would only replace Pronger's offense and experience, but I just don't see Holmgren making a trade for that kind of player. Just doesn't fit the Flyers' style.

Anyhow, when we're just on the outside of a playoff spot I don't know if that's a trade Murray would be willing to make, either.

Vandelay

Vandelay
Sophomore
Sophomore

There's also still the Turris talk...they were saying last night they expect him gone at some point this weekend and Ottawa is a potential destination, along with Calgary...same old, same old I guess.
Not sure anyone outside of Lee is expendable on the blue line...let's keep in mind that last night was a bounce back game for Karlsson....he's looked atrocious without Kuba over this last stretch. Trading Gonchar doesn't make sense this early...unless someone comes to us with a nice package.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum