GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Sportsnet: Bobby Ryan being shopped

+15
Riprock
Da lil Guy
dennycrane
NEELY
SeawaySensFan
Hoags
tim1_2
Cap'n Clutch
stempniaksen
wprager
Flo The Action
spader
LeCaptain
Ev
PTFlea
19 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 7]

31Sportsnet: Bobby Ryan being shopped - Page 3 Empty Re: Sportsnet: Bobby Ryan being shopped Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:48 am

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:Ryan won't be leaving for anythign short of a 1st rounder, top 6 roster player, and probably some throw in. Probably more.

Agreed. Cheers

32Sportsnet: Bobby Ryan being shopped - Page 3 Empty Re: Sportsnet: Bobby Ryan being shopped Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:05 am

dennycrane

Veteran
Veteran

Anaheim is bleeding money. They will not necessarily want a player back.

Rundblad, Zibanejad, 1st in 2012 (2 of these) plus something else (Foligno?)

33Sportsnet: Bobby Ryan being shopped - Page 3 Empty Re: Sportsnet: Bobby Ryan being shopped Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:08 am

Da lil Guy

Rookie
Rookie

Our Draft pick is likely to be better than most, and we have Defense to spare.

Not a lot we could give in terms of established top 6 guys going the other way. Isn't Mike Foligno an assistant there, though?

If I'm Anaheim, I want to take a careful look at guys like Hagman, Stajan, and some others who were 'stars' in Toronto (not Versteeg, though).

34Sportsnet: Bobby Ryan being shopped - Page 3 Empty Re: Sportsnet: Bobby Ryan being shopped Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:09 am

NEELY

Mod
Mod

I wouldn't trade Rundblad for Ryan let alone everything else. Building a team means brining in the right peices, right players, both on and off the ice. Ryan has question marks all around him and has for a while. Let another team deal with the drama and use the Leafs system of putting a bunch of peices together and hoping for the best.

35Sportsnet: Bobby Ryan being shopped - Page 3 Empty Re: Sportsnet: Bobby Ryan being shopped Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:10 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Upon further review, there are too many red flags. Doesn't matter that Anaheim wants to shed salary, why do it with a 24 year old goal scoring machine?

36Sportsnet: Bobby Ryan being shopped - Page 3 Empty Re: Sportsnet: Bobby Ryan being shopped Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:10 am

Da lil Guy

Da lil Guy
Rookie
Rookie

Also note that adding another expensive RW may not be on Toronto's to-do list with Kessel scoring at his current pace. They would also have to send $5 million the other way, which Anaheim might balk at.

37Sportsnet: Bobby Ryan being shopped - Page 3 Empty Re: Sportsnet: Bobby Ryan being shopped Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:16 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Da lil Guy wrote:Also note that adding another expensive RW may not be on Toronto's to-do list with Kessel scoring at his current pace. They would also have to send $5 million the other way, which Anaheim might balk at.

Would they want to clear that salary completely, or would they prefer to turn Ryan into 3 or 4 moving pieces? If they could get Grabovski, Kulemin, Kadri + pick for Ryan, would they do that, or would they balk because of the salary? There's gonna be a lot of questions in this, problem child or not, this is still a young goal-scorer. If this is a bad trade, there will be firings.

38Sportsnet: Bobby Ryan being shopped - Page 3 Empty Re: Sportsnet: Bobby Ryan being shopped Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:18 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:
Da lil Guy wrote:Also note that adding another expensive RW may not be on Toronto's to-do list with Kessel scoring at his current pace. They would also have to send $5 million the other way, which Anaheim might balk at.

Would they want to clear that salary completely, or would they prefer to turn Ryan into 3 or 4 moving pieces? If they could get Grabovski, Kulemin, Kadri + pick for Ryan, would they do that, or would they balk because of the salary? There's gonna be a lot of questions in this, problem child or not, this is still a young goal-scorer. If this is a bad trade, there will be firings.

Could be a money thing for sure. Elsewise they'd can Carlyle save for his fresh 3-year deal.

39Sportsnet: Bobby Ryan being shopped - Page 3 Empty Re: Sportsnet: Bobby Ryan being shopped Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:28 am

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

Let's not forget this is Sportsnet who not long ago claimed Melnyk is selling the team.

40Sportsnet: Bobby Ryan being shopped - Page 3 Empty Re: Sportsnet: Bobby Ryan being shopped Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:42 am

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

At this point I don't really know if ANaheim considers the season still salvageable or if they've thrown the towel. The return will depend on that.

Anyways, it could be a good move for Ottawa but nowhere near a missed opportunity if it doesn't happen. We've stockpiled prospects and still a good playoff contender 1/4 into the season. There's no better place to be at for a rebuilding team.

41Sportsnet: Bobby Ryan being shopped - Page 3 Empty Re: Sportsnet: Bobby Ryan being shopped Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:44 am

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

LeKid wrote:At this point I don't really know if ANaheim considers the season still salvageable or if they've thrown the towel. The return will depend on that.

I think they'll try and salvage the season, it's still early.

If they'd trade Ryan it'd be to try and fill whatever holes they have in their lineup.

If they trade Ryan it'd be like Philly trading Carter and Richards. Same reasons, shake up the team and trade players you no longer believe will help you win.

42Sportsnet: Bobby Ryan being shopped - Page 3 Empty Re: Sportsnet: Bobby Ryan being shopped Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:49 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

LeKid wrote:At this point I don't really know if ANaheim considers the season still salvageable or if they've thrown the towel. The return will depend on that.

Anyways, it could be a good move for Ottawa but nowhere near a missed opportunity if it doesn't happen. We've stockpiled prospects and still a good playoff contender 1/4 into the season. There's no better place to be at for a rebuilding team.

Especially considering Murray did a lot of the work to rebuild, I doubt he'll be too anxious to throw huge pieces at Anaheim for Ryan, but if the price is anywhere near right, then I'm sure he'll be in on it.

Actually, if this gains steam, I'll bet anything he'll be in on it - if for nothing else, to drive the price way up for teams like Toronto.

43Sportsnet: Bobby Ryan being shopped - Page 3 Empty Re: Sportsnet: Bobby Ryan being shopped Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:21 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

One thing's for sure, if this happens, it'll make for some huge ripples through the league.

44Sportsnet: Bobby Ryan being shopped - Page 3 Empty Re: Sportsnet: Bobby Ryan being shopped Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:35 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

All I know is if it involves our 3 young D or Zibby they can GTFO

45Sportsnet: Bobby Ryan being shopped - Page 3 Empty Re: Sportsnet: Bobby Ryan being shopped Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:45 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Cap'n Clutch wrote:Exactly. That offer wouldn't get it done. The only deal that makes sense for Ottawa during a re-build year is to move out Vets for young guys if at all possible. Like has been said for a while: If the Sens are out of the hunt at deadline day then watch for Kuba to be moved.

Prospects like Wiercioch are expendable because we already have Karlsson and Rundblad. How much offense can you take? DaCosta is gunning for that 2LC position and we have Regin (when healthy) and Zibanejad. So why wouldn't you do that deal? If you need to add, give them another high pick but from the 2013 draft.

46Sportsnet: Bobby Ryan being shopped - Page 3 Empty Re: Sportsnet: Bobby Ryan being shopped Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:47 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

LeKid wrote:All I know is if it involves our 3 young D or Zibby they can GTFO

You know it would involved one of them. Not Karlsson, he's as close to untouchable as Ottawa has though.

47Sportsnet: Bobby Ryan being shopped - Page 3 Empty Re: Sportsnet: Bobby Ryan being shopped Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:49 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Is a left handed defenceman really expendable because of two righty's? Enter Rooneypoo.

HC @ Noon is supposed to be discussing the cost of Ryan if he is indeed available.

48Sportsnet: Bobby Ryan being shopped - Page 3 Empty Re: Sportsnet: Bobby Ryan being shopped Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:52 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Dash wrote:Is a left handed defenceman really expendable because of two righty's? Enter Rooneypoo.

HC @ Noon is supposed to be discussing the cost of Ryan if he is indeed available.

Can't watch...not that they know what they're talking about, but if anyone watches, can they post here?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 7]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum