GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bobby Ryan Demoted

+3
Acrobat
PKC
rooneypoo
7 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Bobby Ryan Demoted Empty Bobby Ryan Demoted Sat Oct 04, 2008 9:09 am

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

Yet another instance of Brian Burke's fiscal incompetence: to deal with ANA's cap woes, they've decided to get Ryan's salary off the books by ("temporarily") demoting him, even though by all accounts he had a great camp.

http://www.dobberhockey.com/content/view/1385/1/

2Bobby Ryan Demoted Empty Re: Bobby Ryan Demoted Sat Oct 04, 2008 10:15 am

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

That team is on a runaway freight train to nowhere...

3Bobby Ryan Demoted Empty Re: Bobby Ryan Demoted Mon Oct 06, 2008 1:22 am

Acrobat

Acrobat
Veteran
Veteran

And you won't find a single GM with a shred of sympathy.

I wonder why?

4Bobby Ryan Demoted Empty Re: Bobby Ryan Demoted Mon Oct 06, 2008 1:29 am

Phoenix30

Phoenix30
Veteran
Veteran

Acrobat wrote:And you won't find a single GM with a shred of sympathy.

I wonder why?

Lowe must be smiling behind closes doors. Gotta love Burke...LOL

5Bobby Ryan Demoted Empty Re: Bobby Ryan Demoted Mon Oct 06, 2008 1:31 am

Acrobat

Acrobat
Veteran
Veteran

At least he's entertaining. In the same way that a car crash is "entertaining" - in a morbid, warped sort of way...

6Bobby Ryan Demoted Empty Re: Bobby Ryan Demoted Mon Oct 06, 2008 8:04 am

smash88

smash88
Veteran
Veteran

I really wonder sometimes why Toronto so badly wants this guy... I guess he just fits their mold... LOL

7Bobby Ryan Demoted Empty Re: Bobby Ryan Demoted Mon Oct 06, 2008 10:07 am

smash88 wrote:I really wonder sometimes why Toronto so badly wants this guy... I guess he just fits their mold... LOL

I can't wait until he ruins the Leafs because he will sign a long term contract for big $$$ and Diddle up that club for YEARS... I love it. It will be 2067 before there is a cup in TO...

8Bobby Ryan Demoted Empty Re: Bobby Ryan Demoted Mon Oct 06, 2008 1:57 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Now would be a good time for Toronto to get Ryan out of Anaheim, though any trades between the two (Fletcher and Burke) are under heavy scrutiny by the league.

Ryan would be a top 6 in Toronto.

9Bobby Ryan Demoted Empty Re: Bobby Ryan Demoted Mon Oct 06, 2008 2:00 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Wow, pure Dung. He's almost a lost cause if he stays in the Ducks org.

BTW, you guys all know that the NHL will be monitoring any moves made between the Ducks and the Leafs. Bobby Ryan wouldn't be traded to the Leafs unless it's a dead on one-for-one trade. The NHL smells a rat with Burke, they think he's Toronto bound next summer, so it certainly won't be easy for the Leafs to get Ryan.

10Bobby Ryan Demoted Empty Re: Bobby Ryan Demoted Tue Oct 07, 2008 10:16 am

smash88

smash88
Veteran
Veteran

504Heater wrote:Wow, pure Dung. He's almost a lost cause if he stays in the Ducks org.

BTW, you guys all know that the NHL will be monitoring any moves made between the Ducks and the Leafs. Bobby Ryan wouldn't be traded to the Leafs unless it's a dead on one-for-one trade. The NHL smells a rat with Burke, they think he's Toronto bound next summer, so it certainly won't be easy for the Leafs to get Ryan.

LOL.. This episode just keeps getting better and better... Man it will be so much fun when he gets to TO... LOL I can't wait!!

11Bobby Ryan Demoted Empty Re: Bobby Ryan Demoted Tue Oct 07, 2008 10:25 am

Phoenix30

Phoenix30
Veteran
Veteran

504Heater wrote:Wow, pure Dung. He's almost a lost cause if he stays in the Ducks org.

No doubt, after Burke turned down a potential high 1st rounder and some prospects for Ryan and a salary dump in Schneider. Any other team would make that deal just to shed the salary but to gain a very high pick in a deep draft makes you wonder.

12Bobby Ryan Demoted Empty Re: Bobby Ryan Demoted Tue Oct 07, 2008 10:44 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I know ey? Unreal. When I heard someone say that I thought they were kidding...but no, the NHL will look very closely at any deal made between Anaheim and Toronto. Pathetic.

13Bobby Ryan Demoted Empty Re: Bobby Ryan Demoted Tue Oct 07, 2008 10:57 am

smash88

smash88
Veteran
Veteran

504Heater wrote:I know ey? Unreal. When I heard someone say that I thought they were kidding...but no, the NHL will look very closely at any deal made between Anaheim and Toronto. Pathetic.

Yeah it is a little weird... Didn't really think of it...

14Bobby Ryan Demoted Empty Re: Bobby Ryan Demoted Tue Oct 07, 2008 11:15 am

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

I really hope Toronto do not sign Burke... this coming from someone who isn't a fan of the team... I think it would be the worst thing for them. He clearly has no idea how to run a team... except into the ground.

15Bobby Ryan Demoted Empty Re: Bobby Ryan Demoted Tue Oct 07, 2008 11:34 am

smash88

smash88
Veteran
Veteran

DashRiprock wrote:I really hope Toronto do not sign Burke... this coming from someone who isn't a fan of the team... I think it would be the worst thing for them. He clearly has no idea how to run a team... except into the ground.

It's funny because Toronto fans are going nuts at the prospect of having him... They think he's the next coming of god or something... I'd really like to know where they get their info from?? really....

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum